Need some wheelchair info please

lovingthemouse

magic is in the heart of the beholder...
My mom is coming along on our next Disney trip- only 90 yrs young, and we will be in need of a wheelchair rental for her stay? Having never needed this info before, i am sure it was posted but i never paid attention. Can someone help me out please. I know there are some places which will deliver them to your hotel and pick up at the end. Thanks in advance. Caroline

If she wants a regular wheelchair you can get that from your hotel - if you are staying on-site. If she wants a scooter you can use Care Medical Equipment 1-800-741-2282. They deliver and pick up. Look on the disABILITIES! board for more information. They have really helped me out!

There is a disabilities board on the DIS. The moderators have a link to renting medical equipment.

As someone said, if you are at a Disney resort, you can usually request a wheelchair. Disney only rents ECVs at the parks on a first come, first served basis.

In case you check back here, it did cost $6/day to rent a wheelchair (manual) and a dollar was refunded when you returned it. If you return it at Magic Kingdom, keep the receipt and you can then get one at another park or downtown disney without paying the extra $6 again. They put your name on a placcard for it so if you go onto an attraction, it is there for you when you come out.

You have to watch in Disney; pedistrians will walk right in front of you and then glare at YOU because you almost hit them, as though you should accommodate them. People let their kids run everywhere and that includes not looking where they are.

The cast members at the attractions are great...just tell them you need wheelchair access and they'll get you in in a timely manner.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter