Need some sewing help

Freyja

<font color=red>Formerly known as Sleepless in Den
I haven´t used my Singer sewing machine for a couple of years but wanted to start sewing today. I must have accidentally changed something because the bottom thread keeps getting "messy". I can´t find my manual and don´t have anyone around to help so I´m counting on you fellow Dis´ers to help me out.

What is it I´m doing wrong?

If it's creating loops you need to ajust your tension. Depending on your machine you may have a couple of different ways to tighten it up. If you don't have a tension dial on the upper part of your machine then look at your bobbin case. Sometimes if you have a metal holder you place your bobbin in there will be a tiny screw on the side. You can tighten this a little at a time until you get the correct tension. Hope this helps.

If you are still having trouble, check out the custom/boutique outfit thread on the family board. There are some expert sewers there and you could pm one of them for help. They've helped me out there with some basic sewing questions. Good luck: I hope you get your machine figured out!

I was able to download a pdf version of my sewing machine manual when I couldn't find mine a few years ago... I think it was on the Singer site. You may have already solved your issue with the tension setting, but if you can find the manual in pdf, that may help with something later.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter