Need recipe for Cherry Delight

mamo-4-wdw

It's kind of fun to do the impossible. - Walt Disn
Hi, I was thinking about my christmas when I was a child and we always had this dessert called "Cherry Delight". It had a graham cracker and butter crust,with the next layer being made with cream cheese(it was a lot like cheese cake) and something else(I can't remember) and then you top it with a can of cherry pie filling.Then you just refrigerate it for an hour or two.
Does any one have the recipe?
Most of my family has passed on and the younger ones don't have the recipe or even remember what might have been the middle layer. Thank You,CE

I do! I do!! Let me run upstairs to my recipe box! Cherry Delight was my favorite dessert at the holidays as well, I just might have to make one as a surprise. Sadly, DH doesn't like cherries??!!!

Okay, it's 1 cup powdered/confectioner's sugar, 8 oz. cream cheese, and 4.5 oz cool whip. You could double or triple it! :teeth: :teeth: :teeth:

8 oz. cream cheese...softened
14 oz. can sweetened condensed milk
1/3 cup lemon juice
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 graham cracker crust
21 oz. cherry pie filling
Mix cream cheese until fluffy with mixer. Beat in milk until smooth. Stir in lemon juice and vanilla. Pour into crust. Refrigerate for 3 hours. Cover with cherry pie filling and serve.

I like this version better than the powdered sugar recipe. Its way creamier and fluffier. Holds up better IMHO.

Thank you mom2grace and tinkerrn so much!!!!! You have made my Christmas!
I am going to make one of each,I can hardly wait.YUM YUM YUM!!!
tinkerrn ,my family is from Louisville Ky. We would make the trip up there on Christmas Day and I would have to sit in the back seat with the Cherry Delight.

I haven't had cherry delight but I have had strawberry delight, blueberry delight and chocolate delight.
The ones I have had have crushed pecan sandies cookies with a little butter mixed in for the crust.
Then comes the cream cheese mixture - I guess you could make any cheesecakeish filling you wanted. I use the creamcheese and powdered sugar version but sometimes I use the lofat cheese and one of the sugar substitutes.
Next comes your fruit or pudding layer then topped with whipped cream and nuts - or nuts and choc chips for the chocolate delight. I have used fresh fruit or the canned pie filling when I can't get fresh fruit.
Quite yummy!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter