Need help making a decision??

drag n' fly

Sassy, salty and sweet....
We are staying in a vacation home next trip. This will be a non disney trip. We will be doing SW, USO and ?? I have it narrowed down to a pool home in Windsor Hills that gives our group access to the main pool and amenities for slighty more money or we can stay in the Oak Island Harbour/Oak Island Cove area for less money and just our house pool. Any feedback?

The only thing my kids would miss is the pool slide; the other central facilities are no big deal. Otherwise, the house pool is always sufficient for us. Plus, if you are not doing Disney, there is no reason to pay for WH's "location premium." I'd instead look for a community with very easy access to I-4.

We've stayed at WH a few times and like it but I will say that we don't use the community amenities much with the exception of the playground. We have young grandkids and they love the playground. They were mostly too little for the big water slide at the main pool but they liked the pool at the house just as well. If the home has a game room in the garage that will keep the kids and adults busy.
You could also check out Emerald Island which is very nice also.
The only other thing is that Windsor Hills, Windsor Palms and Emerald Island all have a manned gate whereas the Oak Islands don't, if that matters at all to you.

We've stayed at WH a few times and like it but I will say that we don't use the community amenities much with the exception of the playground. We have young grandkids and they love the playground. They were mostly too little for the big water slide at the main pool but they liked the pool at the house just as well. If the home has a game room in the garage that will keep the kids and adults busy.
You could also check out Emerald Island which is very nice also.
The only other thing is that Windsor Hills, Windsor Palms and Emerald Island all have a manned gate whereas the Oak Islands don't, if that matters at all to you.

I guess a good question to ask is should it matter? It does not to me unless you feel safety is an issue and I should consider a gated community. Both homes have a games room and the ages of the kids travelling in the group are 16,16,14,14 and almost 8. I am unsure of which house to pick:confused3

Maybe kids at those ages would use the resort things more especially the water slide.
Both of these subdivisions are in the same area and it's seems safe but use normal precautions as you would anywhere. We stayed at Indian Creek which is not gated and never felt nervous or anything.
Having a manned gate makes you feel more secure and it does keep out a lot of sightseers.
Your decision, you know what your gang will like best. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter