Need help deciding on grocery delivery - Please share your tips!

2 years ago we used prime pantry. The only issue we found was that you had to order the right number of days in advance to make sure it didn’t get there before you but also didn’t get there after you’d been there a few days because we had ordered our breakfast foods. It worked out but I did have to call and find out exactly what shipping times would be to our resort.

This year we will use prime now, which is much more convenient and provides the option to get fruit and milk as well as pop tarts and goldfish crackers. We like to have breakfast while we get the kids ready and then head out and bring some snacks for the kids when we are stuck in a line. But it’s too weighty to fly the stuff with us, so prime not is perfect. Shipping is free and we can choose a 2 hour window. However, we of course have prime so that would be an additional cost for you.

But there's a 30-day free trial, right? We have only ever driven as a family, but this year it's just DD and I, so we're flying. A lot of firsts this time around. Need to get my ducks in a row ::yes::

Thanks to everyone! Kind of overwhelmed with the responses. I hadn't heard of Safeway, so I looked it up and their groceries are much cheaper than some of the comparisons I made, and it looks like they have more options as well. I think we'll probably end up giving them a try, depending on what kind of deals they're offering when we go. It doesn't look like you can order more than a week in advance, which is a little concerning for a heavy pre-planner (yikes!). We'll see!

Same here and just need milk for the grandkids, is there an easier way? Half tempted just to go to the gas station by Disney Springs to get it.

The store in your resort sells milk in IIRC half-gallon sizes as well as smaller containers.

SW

I sat down with an Excel spreadsheet for our last trip a nd priced our what we wantd to get at Garden Grocer, Amazon Prime Now, Amazon Pantry and Instacart. Instacart was almost always the highest so they dropped form my list of consideration.

We ended up placing orders with all three. One of the challenges with Amazon Prime Now is that things go in and out of stock, so when it comes time to order they may not have exactly what you want -- you need to have a backup plan. We have food allergies so that restricted our options. We ended up doing an add on to our Garden Grocer order a little while before the trip to make sure that we had a few things that kept going in and out of stock at Amazon Prime Now, even though GG was more expensive for those items.

SW

How about an uber drive to walmart? It should be about 20$ (there might be discounts to be found online). You can either go in do some shopping and get some cheap disney merchandise (correct me if I'm wrong, I never been there this is just my research) or order your groceries online for same day pick up.

That's what we'll be doing on our trip. As Europeans first time in america Walmart is sorta a must do, an additional park :rotfl:

From what I have read I think I will give Safeway a try . I do not want to have to be there for delivery and it sounds like they will leave it with Bell Services as long as there is no alcohol, right?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter