Need face moisturizer recommendations please......

I was at the Dermatologist last week and they had signs up in the office that the only moisturizer they recommend is petroleum jelly.

That's a terrible recommendation, and a dermatologist should know better than to make blanket recommendations for something as variable as facial skin. If I put petroleum jelly on my face, it would be an ugly mess. You need to have EXTREMELY dry skin with absolutely NO conditions like acne or dermatitis to pull off using vaseline as a facial moisturizer. It works great for super dry elbows and cracked, chapped skin, but I'm guessing most dermatologists have patients that could never get away with using it as a facial moisturizer. As a woman in her mid 40s, I still have oily skin with acne. Petroleum jelly is a huge no no.

That's a terrible recommendation, and a dermatologist should know better than to make blanket recommendations for something as variable as facial skin. If I put petroleum jelly on my face, it would be an ugly mess. You need to have EXTREMELY dry skin with absolutely NO conditions like acne or dermatitis to pull off using vaseline as a facial moisturizer. It works great for super dry elbows and cracked, chapped skin, but I'm guessing most dermatologists have patients that could never get away with using it as a facial moisturizer. As a woman in her mid 40s, I still have oily skin with acne. Petroleum jelly is a huge no no.
So with your skin, I assume you don't use an OTC moisturizer? Sounds like you would be a candidate for a Prescription cream. I'm new to this practice but the practice before the sheet I got after having a skin cancer removed said petroleum jelly only for that too. And not petroleum jelly with antibiotics in it.

So with your skin, I assume you don't use an OTC moisturizer? Sounds like you would be a candidate for a Prescription cream. I'm new to this practice but the practice before the sheet I got after having a skin cancer removed said petroleum jelly only for that too. And not petroleum jelly with antibiotics in it.

I do use an OTC moisturizer, a retinol serum and an AHA, as recommended by my dermatologist. I alternate the Retinol and AHA and my moisturizer is oil free and non comedogenic.

Anytime you have something surgically removed, especially from your face, they recommend Aquaphor or Petroleum jelly as a spot treatment to prevent scarring.

I was at the Dermatologist last week and they had signs up in the office that the only moisturizer they recommend is petroleum jelly.

I love my Vaseline...but don't wear it in the sun - its like fry oil.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter