Need face moisturizer recommendations please......

Yes, it does contain acrylamide, but so does coffee, french fries, and other foods fried or roasted at high temps. It was a trade-off I was willing to make because it worked but didn't include many of the endocrine disrupters that caused my problem. No problems if you don't like it...I just thought I would suggest it. :)

Yes, it does contain acrylamide, but so does coffee, french fries, and other foods fried or roasted at high temps. It was a trade-off I was willing to make because it worked but didn't include many of the endocrine disrupters that caused my problem. No problems if you don't like it...I just thought I would suggest it. :)
THank you! I appreciate the suggestion. I happen to go to Amazon and looked at reviews and this comment was the first thing I saw so I just wanted to pass on the info incase you weren't aware. I had no idea about acrylates. Yikes....I love my french fries and coffee!

Reactions: CGB
I love the marula oil from Trader Joe’s and the vitamin e oil from there too, not loaded with all kinds of chemicals.

I would use a vitamin c serum in the day time for fine lines. Vitamin C serum works, and retinol at night. Then get a gentle unscented moisturizer with ceramides and hyaluronic acid, such as cerevea

I use Dove soap and Oil of Olay Complete. Other products I’ve tried made me break out.

In the last year my face has become so dry, and unfortunately at almost 50 I am still prone to breakouts. I have tried variety of things and found that washing with Dove soap and using 3 steps of the neutrogena hydroboost line help.

I highly recommend The Ordinary. They just but the basic ingredients in their products so you're not paying for fragrance, colours, or fancy packaging. But the ingredients are often the exact same as you'd get in high end products. https://deciem.com/
I love their face cleaner, their moisturizer (with peptides and ceramides). I also use some of their serums and I swear by them. I'll never again buy the pricey things I used to.

The less I do to my face the better it likes me, just about everything I have tried (which I'm not saying is a huge amount but still) has caused my face to hate me and it's not purging. Other stuff burns my face. People have mentioned Dove...yeah that burns and stings my face. It's an awful feeling.

Basically I don't do anything but I have started doing aloe vera gel which yes has some stuff in it but not what irritates my face. I also have oily skin and this is helping some.

This is the situation I'm in now but when I was in my 20s not so much an issue. Trial and error unfortunately as time goes on to find what works and doesn't work as your body changes. I do agree with looking at ingredients and not going for high end just to go for high end. There's a person who I watch from time to time on FB that I find does a good job at product reviews and talking over face care. While the person is a guy he does a great job IMO: James Welsh. I wouldn't look at his content as the be it all but he does a lot of products so you sorta get a feel for things that are out there.

Approaching the big 50 and starting to notice fine lines, bags/dark circles under eyes and saggy skin. Can anyone recommend a good face cream that won't break the bank?
Thanks

I use Cetaphil lotion that is light and fantastic! It is for sensitive skin which I have. I also use their makeup remover. I like that it is light and doesn't have any fragrance. It is not inexpensive, but lasts a long time. You don't need to use a lot of it to do the job. Most facial lotions seem to be in that price range, to me.

I´m 65 and have very few wrinkles, people are surprised when I say may age. I have used good old Suave lotion for years and swear by it. I use it in the morning after showering. It doesn´t make may face feel weird like some other ones do. I also use it multiple times a day to prevent cracked finger tips. Maybe living in the cold Northeast helps preserve me!

I have dry skin and really like Elemis (both the facial cleanser for dry skin and the marine moisturizer). I will say, and it's not cheap, my absolute favorite moisturizer (and laster a couple years) was a Chanel moisturizer for dry skin. My face never felt greasy and it stayed soft all day. It also was a great wrinkle/fine-line reducer!

Coconut oil (the same stuff we cook with) works great for me. I also put it on my lips at night and it keeps them in great condition. I have been using it for a long time and at 59, have very few wrinkles.

I use St. Ives Renewing Moisturizer with Collagen & Elastin. It's cruelty free & paraben free. Amazing price point and a tub lasts quite a long time.

I think in a few more years I'll start looking for a retinol/deep wrinkle product, but this works great for me right now!

I love Neutrogena’s Hydro Boost line. I have very dry skin and this is the kind I have found that works best for me. I also like the Roc line.

I do not like my face to feel greasy so many moisturizers make me feel dirty. I don't wear make up except tinted lip balm or lip stick. I avoided facials for years because I didn't like the feel or look of my overly moisturized face but I finally discovered you can specify a 'dry' finish. I use Origins Perfect World:
100% Vegan (Free-of animal derived ingredients)
What It Is:
An oil-free, SPF moisturizer that infuses skin with healthy hydration, plus protection from environmental aggressors & UV rays.
What It Does:
This SPF moisturizer helps protect skin’s youth with its antioxidant-rich White Tea-infused formula. Plus, it helps delay visible signs of aging & protects from damaging effects of pollution, Infrared Rays & more—skin looks vibrant & stays youthful-looking longer.
We Formulate Without:
Parabens, phthalates, propylene glycol, formaldehyde, sodium lauryl sulfate (SLS), mineral oil, petrolatum, paraffin, diethanolamine (DEA), polyethylene beads.

I was at the Dermatologist last week and they had signs up in the office that the only moisturizer they recommend is petroleum jelly.

I also support Olay Regenerist (red jar).

I have also used IT Cosmetics Confidence in a Cream moisturizer.

I have yet to find anything that actually helps or improves the fine lines around my eyes. (I am only 39 but a lifetime of fair skin, blue eyes, and lots of squinting from the sun have produced them.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter