Need "Door Greeter" Stories, ie Richard at the GF, the "Captain" at the YC, etc.

AndreaRH

Earning My Ears
Hi Everyone,

If you've ever had a nice chat with one of the door greeters at one of the Deluxe resorts, PLEASE tell your story here. Disney is looking to "justify" these jobs and it would be such a shame to see a little bit of Disney history fade away.

If you've stayed at the Grand Floridian or got married there, you've probably met Richard, the door greeter. He's a really pleasant, cheerful older man who strives to make each guest's day a bit brighter via a smile and bit of conversation. He helps out when brides and grooms have their photos taken in the lobby, too.

At the Wilderness Lodge, you may know Stan and at the Yacht Club, you've probably met the "Captain."

If you enjoy the service and bit of "Disney magic" that these gentleman provide, please respond to this message. I'll be printing out all the stories and messages to send directly to Disney.

Thanks so much!

but, last year while we were staying at the Yacht Club with my son we ran into a man I believe he was captain Bob. My son, William who was 3, was playing with the big ship's wheel they have on the other side of the lobby by the steakhouse. Captain Bob came out of the Steakhouse and saw William and asked him his name, he then asked if he liked Captains. William is a huge Captain Hook fan and told Captain Bob that and asked if he knew Captain Hook. Captain Bob told him about Hook and then they discussed some other favorite Disney Characters then he asked for my son's full name and our room number. When we returned from the parks that evening there was an envelope waiting for William. It contained two personalized autographed pictures one of Buzz Lightyear and the other of Woody!! These are some of his most prized possessions and one MAIN reason we are returning to the Yacht Club for a week this year. Captain Bob made some wonderful magic for William's first Disney trip!!:D

AndreaRH, I really enjoy speaking with the Resort Greeters. They’re part of the reason why the Disney resorts seem so magical to my family. I hope Disney finds a way to keep these positions, as I would hate to think that walking into a resort would be just that, walking into it. Nothing less, nothing more. The Resort Greeters definitely make it something more with their kind words, magical smiles, and lyrical voices singing out, "Have a Disney Day!"

Is there a greeter at BW? I can't remember ever having seen one.

Ann

Oh the Greeters are wonderful!!

During my first stay at the YC I got to meet Capt. Bob everyday! It was such a hoot!! I'd always make sure to talk 'nautical' with him by doing things like after having come down from the top floor reporting to him the I'd just left the crow's nest and could report clear sailing....or coming out of the resteraunt and fun'ing with him about the galley etc etc. I kept calling him admiral and commorde....in my mind his simply good hearted willingness to jest really made that resort come alive.

Maybe I'm just 'lucky'....but after every on property stay...I'll get a postcard enabling me to do a survey on line about my stay at the given resort....if you get one of these please take the time to do it....and if you agree with the OP feel free to mention if this type of service/entertainment is/was important to your stay.

You can always go the WDW site.....and send in your thoughts too at any time! :)

I enjoy seeing the Captain at the YC on our stays there.
Tipping his hat while greeting folks with a smile, he compliments the atmosphere with his presence, as I'm sure the other greeters do as well.

Art the Greeter at BC made our first arrival at BCV more memorable. Actually because I had read about him at Deb Will's site I did my best to make *him* feel like a celebrity! Asked to take his picture with DW and DS's. Of course he agreed, and it's one of my favorite photos from that stay. We don't do pins so we didn't trade with him, but he was clearly prepared to. He really looks good in his greeter outfit. Just a lot of fun. A live person sure beats the Ariel statue as far as greeting is concerned.

I love the guy at Beach Club...is it Art?? Always looks forward to hearing his "Good day to the lady, and the lady..." while saluting. He always makes me giggle and little and my friend and i got our picture taken with him. I would hate to see him gone.:eek:

I haven't stayed at a WDW deluxe resort yet, but I have a nice story about CBR.

April 2001 ~ this was our first on-site trip. We drove into the parking lot of CBR registration. We all got out of the car and a gorgeous dark haired man in his 50's came up to us. He wore a white military looking suit, very Spainish looking with gold trim. He looked like the actor Paul Sorvino. He greeted us as if we were royality. It was an awesome feeling. He spent a few minutes chatting with us about CBR. He answered our questions and off we went to regisiter. He gave us one of my favourite WDW memories. S

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter