Need appetizer ideas...PLEASE!

clh2

<font color=green>I am the Pixie Stick NARC at my
We'll be going to a function on Saturday, and we need to bring either a pizza, a pot of soup or an appetizer.

In the past, people have brought homemade pizza's - that just isn't going to happen. I don't like to experiment with food that is being served at this type of function.

I am not a big "chef" type of person, so I don't think I could make a soup.

So, I am looking for appetizer ideas. I will have the option to heat it up in an oven if needed. I just have no ideas.

So - my friends on the dis, do you have any appetizer ideas?

Thanks!!!

What about a simple dip with crackers? We love a layered shrimp dip and it always goes over well!
Mix an 8oz brick of cream cheese (softened) with 1/2 a cup of sour cream and spread on a serving dish. Top with seafood cocktail sauce and fresh shrimp. You can also add shredded cheese (something mild like mozzarella or mild cheddar) and chopped green onions if you like but it's really good just on it's own.

Sausage balls? There's a good recipe in the appetizers thread at the top of the page, just cut the bisquick by 1 cup. Otherwise very good!

OP here - DUH - I'm on this board all the time, and have skipped over the appetizer sticky (probably on purpose!)

Although - I might be leaning towards the shrimp thingies suggested by bclydia.

Thanks!
clh2

How about a bread bowl that is hollowed out then put either homemade or store bought spinach dip. Surround it with crackers and veggies.

Or make a 7 layer dip. And just bring a bag of chips for it.

Here's a favorite dip of mine that I serve a lot with crackers. Tastes like Cucumbers, Onion, and vinegar that we eat in the summer. This is a double batch, but just halve it for a smaller batch.
2 (8oz.) pkgs. cream cheese, softened
1 cucumber, peeled & diced
1 small onion, diced
2 tbsp. mayonaisse
1 tsp. garlic salt

In a bowl, thoroughly blend all ingredients. Cover and chill in the refrigerator until serving.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter