Need Advice!! I booked before the 8/29 announcement

mellormousee

Earning My Ears
I am booked for a 2 week vacation (8/25 thru 9/6) during the phase I opening of SWGE I usually pick these weeks due to the low crowds. Should I reschedule or maybe not plan on going to the parks as much. Or do you think most people will wait for the entire project to be done before booking?

We always go the week after Labor Day and I am keeping my plans. If you reschedule, you will be going during summer, which isnt going to get you much lower crowds. My plan is to stay away from MGM or if we go, just plan on RD and FPs and eat if we didnt have APs, I would just skip the park.

I do not think people are going to wait until all completed with SW. SW fans will be there camping out ready to be one of the first to experience the attraction(s). I wont be one of them lol

Thank for you advice. I won’t be camping out either. I’m actally thinking of going to Universal for a few days. And just getting a 7 day Disney hopper instead of a 12 day

I have been booked for mid-September since my 11-month window opened. Everyone on the reservation has gotten their vacation time granted and purchased their airfare. People without APs bought their tickets from UT last week on the day that a Disney raised their prices.

We will be there in spite of SW:GE opening.

The focus of our trip was F&W and it still is. At least we know that HS is going to be a madhouse and we can make efforts to avoid the crush. There’s nothing we can do about it but go with the flow. And f Disney offers some kind of pay-to-play option for SW:GE, we may consider purchasing it if the price is reasonable.

I have been booked for mid-September since my 11-month window opened. Everyone on the reservation has gotten their vacation time granted and purchased their airfare. People without APs bought their tickets from UT last week on the day that a Disney raised their prices.

We will be there in spite of SW:GE opening.

The focus of our trip was F&W and it still is. At least we know that HS is going to be a madhouse and we can make efforts to avoid the crush. There’s nothing we can do about it but go with the flow. And f Disney offers some kind of pay-to-play option for SW:GE, we may consider purchasing it if the price is reasonable.

Thanks for your advice. I’m leaning on going with the flow since there are 8 of us going. We drive but the other family flies and have purchased their tickets. We have not purchased park tix yet so I’m trying to figure out the best route. Normally I’d buy12 day hopper Plus now I’m thinking of splitting between Dis and Universal.

Personally, I think crowd levels will be extremely high for the next few years, no matter when you travel. Between Toy Story Land, Galaxy's Edge, the 50th anniversary Celebration, Avatar, Tron Coaster, and Guardians of the Galaxy...there won't be a "slow season." The only thing that would impact tourism is a bad economy or some sort of tragic incident.

Personally, I think crowd levels will be extremely high for the next few years, no matter when you travel. Between Toy Story Land, Galaxy's Edge, the 50th anniversary Celebration, Avatar, Tron Coaster, and Guardians of the Galaxy...there won't be a "slow season." The only thing that would impact tourism is a bad economy or some sort of tragic incident.

Thanks for the input. I never thought of it that way. I guess I’ll find out when I get there. Lol.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter