Need a little help....PLEASE

Jules62

Earning My Ears
Hi all!

I was wondering if anyone has any really good pictures of the Magic? I want to cross stitch a picture for my husband for Christmas and I don't have any good pictures! I have some pictures that are semi good...but I want this to be an outstanding project! I will be giving the picture to my husband on our 2nd (annual?) Christmas cruise.

Please email me if you can help...Packfan379@aol.com

Thanks!

:bounce: :bounce: Jules:bounce: :bounce:

I'm sorry I can't be of any help with the picture, but I'm dying to know how you're going to make a pattern of the Magic!! I *love* doing cross stitch, but have never done anything freehand. But stitching the Magic would be soooooo cool!!! I'd love to hear your plans!

-gina-

There is one that is fairly plain on www.wdisneyw.com website. Not sure if this is what you are looking for but I too would like to know how you are making a pattern also. :smooth:
Forgot to put you click on Disney Cruise on the left side, then click on Magic and Wonder, picture in mid -way down page.

I have this one:

DSC00557.jpg

If you would like a higher resolution version of this, I can email it to you (4 MegaPixels, 1.5MB)

I downloaded a program called PCStitch where you can create cross stitch charts. It is really cool, gives you the whole color chart and everything. Can't wait to start my project!\

I did try to scan one off the brochure. The pics in the brochure are all from pretty far away though. I will continue to play around with them though.

Your picture is great. If you could please email me the higher resolution version...that would be awesome!

Thanks so much!

It's on its way. It is pretty big, so if you are using a dial-up connection, it might take about 10 minutes to download. If for some reason, you have trouble with the picture in email, let me know and I can upload it to my website.

Jules, thanks for letting us know about the chart. I love cross-stitching, but I am certainly no expert (just a few craft projects) and could never "free-hand." I'd love to change one of my pictures into a pattern though. Hmm...what possibilities!

When you finish, can you post a picture for us? I'd love to see how it turns out.

Thanks everyone for you help! I certainly will post a picture of the project when I am done with it...but it is going to take awhile, I can only work on it when my DH isn't home...so I have to have two projects going at once...one to work on when he is around and this one.

We will be sailing on the Magic at the begining of April so if there is a particular shot you would like I could try and shoot a photo for you. By the way, we will be sailing with you at Christmas so whose ever photo you use, I would love to see the finished product. I cannot cross stitch to save my life but I have a friend who used to do such beautiful work and I do admire people with the talent, not to mention the patience and eyesight!!

The project is going well...I have the picture...thanks to Rick W. I am going to start stitching tomorrow. I have the feeling that it won't be done by Christmas...in order to get the details of the picture I had to make the picture pretty big. The dimensions of the finished design is going to be 30"x 10". I had to do it on 25 count fabric, that is 25 stitches per inch! It is going to be awesome when it is done...but it is going to take time!

Thanks again everyone!

ps...Wenabre, I would be happy to show you the finished (I hope) project on the Christmas cruise.

My daughter has a beautiful pillowcase with a picture of the Disney Magic on it. We ordered it through Disney's Magical Treasures. Seems like it would be wonderful for what you are doing. Of course, dear daughter wouldn't part with hers, but perhaps if you know someone who is going soon, they could pick one up for you.

Originally posted by willow0256

My daughter has a beautiful pillowcase with a picture of the Disney Magic on it. We ordered it through Disney's Magical Treasures.

When did you order that, willow0256? I thought I'd heard that the pillowcase had been discontinued.

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest