Need a Fan

please note that unless you bring your own extension cord for the fan you will have to put down a $50 deposit to borrow one from on board disney cruise line.

we were just on the magic in june and my grandma has a breathing machine for her SA and we needed the plug and they brought it up only after she gave her key to the world card so they could charge it to her account. As long as you return it in working condition you get your money back but still a pain - so you might want to bring your own.

Thanks everyone. Its more about the burn within and the air moving over me to cool that down:firefight. So I guess I will look at those suggested and pick one. Hopefully I can find room in the suitcase!:crowded:.

Glad to hear the air works great in the staterooms on the Fantasy. We've had very hit and miss experiences on both the Wonder and Magic. We stayed in a 1 bedroom on the Wonder a couple years ago and we had a horrible time keeping it cool at night. It seemed that they had some type of sensor that turned the air off if no one was moving around. Weird, the air was fine during the day. But night is when you really need it. The room steward did something to fix it. But it went back to shutting off the next night.

Next question - How long does the extension cord need to be? I have never been on a cruise. Are there outlets just a foot or two away, or will it need to be six feet?

I can't believe how fast this is coming! It seemed so far away when we booked it a over a year ago! I really need to get organized!!!:crazy2:

dzy76 said:
Next question - How long does the extension cord need to be? I have never been on a cruise. Are there outlets just a foot or two away, or will it need to be six feet?

I can't believe how fast this is coming! It seemed so far away when we booked it a over a year ago! I really need to get organized!!!:crazy2:

On the magic and wonder, the only places to plug in is at the desk, and there are only 2 plugs. So some people bring power strips so they can plug more in, or an extension cord that will reach the bed (I would think a 6 foot would be fine).

I bought a small black metal fan at Walmart for about $10-15...it's great!

This is what we use. Just a small cheap fan and we have taken on both our cruises. Also, on the Dream and the Fantasy there are outlets right by the bed and we haven't needed an extension cord yet. I'll look through my room pics and see if I've captured one of the fan by the bed.

On the magic and wonder, the only places to plug in is at the desk, and there are only 2 plugs. So some people bring power strips so they can plug more in, or an extension cord that will reach the bed (I would think a 6 foot would be fine).

Be careful not to trip over an extension cord in the middle of the night!

We have cruised many times and I always wish I would have brought a fan with us to use during the night. I bought one that is a desk top oscillating type. It measures about 12" across. Will this be to big for Disney's standards? I really want a oscillating one vs a fan that shoots the air one direction since we have 4 adults who will be sleeping in our stateroom.

There are temperature controls on the room - or is it you need actual air blowing?

We have cruised many times and I always wish I would have brought a fan with us to use during the night. I bought one that is a desk top oscillating type. It measures about 12" across. Will this be to big for Disney's standards? I really want a oscillating one vs a fan that shoots the air one direction since we have 4 adults who will be sleeping in our stateroom.

I just arrived home last week from the Disney Magic to Canada cruise. I always have a fan with me, no matter where I travel. MIne is only 9 1/2 inches across, not 12". It also is not oscillating. It is a 02 COOL brand. I placed it on the dresser in the seating area pointing toward our bed. It also reached far enough to sit on the table in front of the sofa/bed. It has high and low settings. I like it for the air circulation as well as the white noise (light sleeper). It folds down for traveling. Anyway, to answer your question, I feel sure that your 12" fan would be okay with Disney. Does it fit in your luggage?

I am going to merge this thread with the recent existing thread on fans so the info is one place....

MJ

There are temperature controls on the room - or is it you need actual air blowing?

I am aware of the temp controls, but just need the air to be moving and DH like the background noise too.

I just arrived home last week from the Disney Magic to Canada cruise. I always have a fan with me, no matter where I travel. MIne is only 9 1/2 inches across, not 12". It also is not oscillating. It is a 02 COOL brand. I placed it on the dresser in the seating area pointing toward our bed. It also reached far enough to sit on the table in front of the sofa/bed. It has high and low settings. I like it for the air circulation as well as the white noise (light sleeper). It folds down for traveling. Anyway, to answer your question, I feel sure that your 12" fan would be okay with Disney. Does it fit in your luggage?

We are bringing one large piece of luggage just for bulky items like the fan, shoes, etc. yes it would fit fine into a large piece of luggage. I have not put it together yet, so it will be in a box. I figure it won't get smashed that way in case the luggage gets tossed around. It doesn't need any tools to assemble it, so that's great too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter