Need a couple TS/QS recommendations..

mint

lovely
I'm booking up the last of our ADR's for our upcoming trip and i'm drawing a blank on where to check out for the rest of our ddp credits. I've gotten in what I wanted the most (save for BOG dinner, fat chance of it opening up lol!) and now just need 2 TS to *definitely* check out and some don't miss CS places. I'd prefer to avoid the chicken strip and burger type as that's what we mostly did our last trip.

I've booked Dinner at Sci Fi, Breakfast at Akershus, Dinner at CRT and Dinner at Boma.

We're not picky eaters and it will just be myself, DH and DD (4).

If it was for my family we would add Ohana and Kouzzina. I also really like the rose and crown which I would pick instead of sci fi. For counter service the best imo are:
Magic kingdom - cosmic rays, columbia harbor house, be our guest lunch
Epcot - sunshine seasons, tangerine cafe
Hollywood studios - ABC commissary but it really isnt great, nothing is great in DHS
Animal Kingdom - Flame tree bbq

The best quick serivce by a mile though is wolfgang puck express in downtown disney

I would suggest a dinner in the World Showcase at Epcot. There are many unique, delicious choices.
We love Via Napoli in Italy, Rose & Crown in the UK, Teppan Edo in Japan, the Biergarden in Germany, Restaurant Marakesseh (sp) in Morrocco.
For CS our favorites are:
MK Columbia Harbour House. Cosmic Rays and Pecos Bill (but this is mainly burgers.
AK Flame Tree Barbeque
DHS Backlot Express
EC Again many wonderful choices in WS. In no particular order we enjoy:
La Cantina in Mexico, Sommerfest in Germany, Katsura Grill in Japan, Tangerine Cafe in Morrocco, the bakery in France, Yorkshire County Fish Shoppe in the UK
Have Fun

For TS, I'd suggest Sanaa (great food, beautiful atmosphere, interesting flavors), Tusker House (there may be some overlap with Boma in terms of lunch and dinner food, but breakfast there is a really fun character meal), or Crystal Palace (buffet with lots of choices, Pooh characters that might appeal to a 4yo, breakfast, lunch and dinner available).

For QS: Sunshine Seasons and Tangierine Café in Epcot are both top-notch. Columbia Harbor Mouse in MK has some great, and even somewhat healthy, seafood options. FlameTree BBQ in AK is very good as well. Many non-nugget choices at all those people.

I've been debating over Crystal Palace breakfast and Tusker House for Lunch or Dinner (or possibly breakfast). I really want mickey waffles. :P

Here is what I have laid out as a rough draft for our meal itinerary:

Tue - Dinner at Cooke's in DTD (arrival day)
Wed - Dinner at Sci Fi (DHS day)
Thur - Breakfast at Akershus (Epcot day)
Fri - ? (MK/Epcot day)
Sat - ? (AK day)
Sun - Dinner at CRT (MK day)
Mon - Dinner at Boma (last day, no parks)

We've done Tangierine Cafe, Katsura Grill, and Cosmic Ray's and like them. Never eaten at AK restaurants but we're probably staying away from Y&Y because I don't care for Landry's restaurants. We're not so interested in Disney "mexican" seeing as we're from SoCal :P

For your MK/Epcot day, I would consider trying 'Ohana for dinner. The food is pretty good (very filling) and there are some fun and games for the kids (like coconut races). If you're still over at Epcot, then there are a lot of good places in World Showcase. I would lean toward Via Napoli (for food) or perhaps the Biergarten (for activities for the kids).

For AK, my favorite is Y&Y, but you already ruled that one out. In that case, I would try Flame Tree (good BBQ) (a CS place).

We loved, loved, LOVED Via Napoli in Italy in Epcot. It was actually a last minute switch (3 days before we left for our trip) and it ended up being one of the best meals in our 6 days of DDP meals.

I would add 'Ohana for dinner for sure. I would then add 1900 Park Fare or Via Napoli for dinner. If you're looking for a breakfast, I would add Crystal Palace.

I would add 'Ohana for dinner for sure. I would then add 1900 Park Fare or Via Napoli for dinner. If you're looking for a breakfast, I would add Crystal Palace.

I'm the type that doesn't like to leave the parks for anything LOL does Ohana take up a lot of time?

I'm not sure about 1900 Park Fare because I've read mixed reviews. But I think we might hit Crystal Palace for the waffles.

------------

Well, We booked Via Napoli for dinner on thursday and are going to Flame Tree BBQ for dinner on our AK day. I have one more TS to use and am torn between going to Crystal Palace for breakfast or booking rose & crown for dinner later that day and trying the waffles at our resort.

Crystal Palace for breakfast is adorable. We just came back from WDW last week, and it is delightful to get to the MK early...walk through Main Street with hardly anyone else there...and have bfast with Pooh and Tigger and friends. Food is quite good and atmosphere is a bit more relaxing and less cramped than 1900. And then you're already in the park.

Also had lunch at Flame Tree. It's very good and very popular. Eat early - 11:30 - to get a decent seat and not wait forever. Ribs were just ok but chicken is very good.

Tusker House bfast is also quite good. I'm a fan of early breakfasts so we're in the park early. Haven't done lunch or dinner there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter