National rates down AGAIN!

We saved! For about 6 months the best I could get EA for 19 days in March was $465.00 About 2 weeks ago when they started to drop, and today the grand total is now: $333.97!!! Thats about 17.00 / day not to bad. This is with the priceless code and Ent. card coupon. Now all we need are good pickings on the Aisle when we get there! :banana:

Remeber being persistant pays off. The secret is to plug your numbers in about every 4 days to 1 week and WATCH the boards for info.

Mky princess:

I've got 9 days @ $197 but so far it hasn't gotten any lower. But, trust me I WILL keep looking!

I had a reservation with Alamo with a pickup at the Dolphin....7days $199. Last week the rates came down and I got the rate down to $166. for 7 days.

I just went to the National Site and used my Continental Airlines Freq. Flyer number and got the car for 9 days for $173. with a pickup at the Disney Car care center which I think is closer to Ft. Wilderness campground.

I'm going to keep both reses for now. I'll cancel one the week before.

Don't forget to cancel your reservation as rates go down and you re-book. Dis'ers have reported problems in the past with National charging the higher reservation price and saying that was all they showed in the system.

Better to be safe and cancel out the old! ;)

for a base rate of $159.99 before Ent. coupon and Priceless code. After all that, the final rate is $150.99. I'm hoping that it will start to drop as we get closer. Yes, I know it's a ways out to book the car, especially if I don't even have airfare yet (don't get me started on those rates) but better to be safe than sorry.

Down to $127.81 for EA intermediate...8 days, 5/28-6/5!!! Another $8...hey, that's two Mickey bars!

Down to 127.00, 4/22-44/30. Thanks to these boards, and mousesavers, I have dropped $45, from my original booking, and joined the EA for free. Every bit helps!!

I too, have changed, re-reserved, and cancelled so many times, I'm afraid I'll have a fleet of cars waiting for me.

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!!

I just checked and my rate dropped again (already dropped once) for a total savings of $12. :cool1:

Yep, mine just went down another $6.71 today! I have not seen National this low in a long time.

My total for 8 days in June is 127.81!

Very cool.... can it go much lower????

I wonder if this is in response to Magical Express starting??????? Heck, I will never use ME, but if it helps bring down my car rental cost, I am all for ME!

Duds

After a dry spell of no drops in price, my rate finally fell tonight. Now have a base rate of $113. A total of $276 for 16 days. Using the enter. coupon and priceless code. Breaks down to about $17 a day. Reserved on Executive Aisle, so pretty good for a full size or larger. Let the good times roll!

I just rebooked my 4-16 to 4-21 reservation for the 6th time now! It went down another $10.35 :cool1:

I just signed up for emerald club thinking that this was going to save $$$ on my rental. Am I correct in thinking that all it does is allow an upgrade up to midsized cars (not minivans, which is what I need) and it will also allow you to breeze through without stopping at the counter b/c they've already charged your card before you ever get there???

Somebody please help clear things up for me. I've been sitting at this computer for 4 hours now reading about this and trying to get THE LOWEST RATE on my rental. I've found about 8 companies and I'd like to go with national simply because of the no deposit thing.

Thanks for any help you can give!

msudawgs30

msudawgs30 said:
I just signed up for emerald club thinking that this was going to save $$$ on my rental. Am I correct in thinking that all it does is allow an upgrade up to midsized cars (not minivans, which is what I need) and it will also allow you to breeze through without stopping at the counter b/c they've already charged your card before you ever get there???

Somebody please help clear things up for me. I've been sitting at this computer for 4 hours now reading about this and trying to get THE LOWEST RATE on my rental. I've found about 8 companies and I'd like to go with national simply because of the no deposit thing.

Thanks for any help you can give!

msudawgs30

Being an Emerald Club member will not get you a better rate. All it does is allows you to skip the counter since they have all of your info in their computer already. If you make a reservation for an intermediate sized car, you can use the Emerald Aisle (which is clearly marked). There will be mainly intermediate cars on the aisle with occasional free upgrades to a full size or maybe a small suv. You are still charged for the intermediate. If you reserve anything higher, it is called Emerald Reserve and you simply go to the aisle of the size car you reserved, pick one, and drive to the exit booth. You hand the exit booth your info and you are off. Very quick.

If you are looking for contract ID's that you can use, go to http://www.mousesavers.com/rentalcar.html and you can read about contract ID's anyone can use. Mary has done a good job of explaining on her site.

Good luck and have fun! Feel free to PM me if you have an questions.

Duds

msudawgs30,
For the best rates, log in to the emerald club, and go to rates and reservations. When the screen comes up, there will be a contract ID typed into the space automatically. Change that Contract ID to 6600330 (Priceless vacations, anyone can use). Under the coupon ID, type in 10009123. Click check rates, and see what you get. If it's good, book it and make sure you get the Coupon before showing up at the airport. You can get it here:

http://www.nationalcar.com/servlet/...066914&PROMOTION_CODE=10009123&XDATE=12/31/05

I'm down again. :cheer2: Here's the final: 19 nites: $317.56 Great deal for EA. Hasn't been that good since "old" disney club :goodvibes . Used the same priceless code & Emeral coupon from our entertainment book. (20.00). It comes out to about $18..00 / day. Now hope the "storm" yesterday won't effect the EA, and limit cars? We get in today. :banana: ::MickeyMo Come on EA! :cheer2:

Mky princess:

ncbyrne said:
I've got 9 days @ $197 but so far it hasn't gotten any lower. But, trust me I WILL keep looking!

Was just looking at your dates...plugged them in at national with the priceless code and the entertainment code and came up with...

Pick-up:
Orlando Intl Arpt, FL
15-OCTOBER-2005 08:00 PM

Return:
Orlando Intl Arpt, FL
23-OCTOBER-2005 08:00 PM

Rates - Time & Distance USD
Time & Distance 1 Week @ 114.99 114.99
Extra - Time & Distance 1 Day @ 19.17 19.17
Extra - Time & Distance 0 Hour @ 9.58 0.00
Unlimited Distance-time & Distance 0 Distance @ 0.00 0.00

Base Rate _____

Less Discounts:
Discount -13.42
Entertainment Book 2005 Usa -20.00

SubTotal _____

Add Surcharges & Taxes: (subject to change)
Fl Schrg/tire Bat Fee 2.05 Usd/dy 16.40
License Recoupment Fee .49 Usd/dy 3.92
State Tax (6.50%) 7.87

Total Estimate _____

for a total savings of$68.07....you should hop on that deal!!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter