National is making me nuts!

leebee

DIS Veteran
I'm trying to help a friend lower her car rate for her vacation. Every time that I check EA rates (with my EmClub info) and find really terrific rates, I email her. She tries making the SAME ressie within 5 mins. of my trying and cannot get the rate (with HER EmClub info). What the heck? I can get her return email saying she can't get the rate, try again with my EmClub info, and get the rate! Do you suppose there's some kind of rate associated with the EmClub number, maybe related to wherever/whomever you signed up for EmClub in the 1st place? I just don't get it!

(FYI, I have EA for the last 2 weeks in June at $242, all included...split ressie into two one-week reservations to take double advantage of coupon...used priceless code 6600330 and bjs coupon avail. online)

You and your friend are probably using different contract numbers. The "default" number depends on how you origianlly signed up for Emerald Club.

Leebee,

how did you split your weeks. Are you returning to airport to rent again or are you doing it onsite. I have been considering it, but haven't decided if it is worth the hassle.

Pam

Originally posted by leebee
I'm trying to help a friend lower her car rate for her vacation. Every time that I check EA rates (with my EmClub info) and find really terrific rates, I email her. She tries making the SAME ressie within 5 mins. of my trying and cannot get the rate (with HER EmClub info). What the heck? I can get her return email saying she can't get the rate, try again with my EmClub info, and get the rate! Do you suppose there's some kind of rate associated with the EmClub number, maybe related to wherever/whomever you signed up for EmClub in the 1st place? I just don't get it!

(FYI, I have EA for the last 2 weeks in June at $242, all included...split ressie into two one-week reservations to take double advantage of coupon...used priceless code 6600330 and bjs coupon avail. online)

Make the reservation for her, or tell her to clean her cache and cookies. also, give her your contract code. Or take her information and use the contract code that you have been getting the great rates and make the reservation.

My rates from National for an intermediate car has been reduced by $88 thanks to these codes from BJs coupon and vacations outlet. However, to get emerald aisle service, it took me about 6 tries online, but it finally took.

Thanks to the boards. Be patient. Donna in Maine:sunny:

Finally took friends info and made ressie thru my computer...must have been an automatically entered contract ID.

I am returning my car to MCO after week one and picking up a different car for week two. We are travelling wed-wed; DD is going to space camp at KSC during the "full" week so I don't mind returning to airport on Wed (end of week 1, beginning of week 2) since she'd KILL us if we did anything fun without her...but might find some place YUMMY for lunch while exchanging car.

Do you suppose, if I called National at MCO at the end of the 1st week and explained I had another reservation for the 2nd week, they'd just push things thru the computer so that I didn't actually have to show up at the airport?

EDITED: OK, so somehow I'M the idiot...turns out I had friend's dates wrong, the actual ressie was for 2 days longer than I was making it for...oh well, she still is doing better at National than her original ressie at Hertz!

Finally took friends info and made ressie thru my computer...must have been an automatically entered contract ID.

You can manually change any contract code, btw.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter