National emerald club free thru biztravel.com does it really work.

SEALFLOW

Earning My Ears
how does the emerald aisle work exactly. if i rent a full size what kind of car can i pick off the lot???? and does anyone have any good discount code. please post them clearly
so far the best i have is $199 wk minivan, budget,and $189 suv , can i do better with emerald?? :eek:

I have recently joined EC through Biztravel. We are planning a trip for Oct 2001 & Jan 2002. So far, it hasn't done anything for me, but people seem to think as time goes by specials come up and prices may change.

As of right now, I have two ressie's through Dollar. One- a van for $209.99 and Two- a full size for $170.00 (There are eight of us)

How did you get the $199. and $189. through Budget? I'd rather keep that 10 bucks in my pocket than someone else's! ;)

I did join just to check the rates to compare. In some instances, it gave a 20% discount, but the base rate was outrageous! So, it didn't help. The bottom line is... it was free, so no harm done and if the rates do change, I do have it now.
The way it works is that you are guaranteed what you book, but upon arrival, you bypass the counter and head out to the garage. They have the aisle of each car class AND a separate aisle for EC members. It is from that aisle that you have your choice of whatever may be there, but minimumly what you reserved. I hope that clarified things and if you get a chance, please post your discount codes for budget. Your prices are great! :D

THE RATE CODE FOR BUDGET IS LV
MINIVAN OR CONVERTIBLE $199 WEEK
HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE TO GET YOUR EC MEMBERSHIP FROM BIZTRAVEL.COM? :eek:

It took us about 6-8 weeks to get our card from National. We filled out the rental agreement and faxed it to them. We just used it last week in the Seattle/Tacoma airport and rented an intermediate car class. We drove away with an SUV. An Oldsmobile Bravada. Only non-intermediate on the lot. So we got a good deal but it could have very easily gone the other way. Still, we are pleased with our experience and the free Emerald card.

anidolphin.gif

It took me about 2 weeks to receive my card from biztravel.com. I was skeptical at first, but it all worked out great! I currently have a 8 day ressie for a full-size at National in Sept. for $175 (includes EA, and the two discounts from Disney Club)

TTFN
Cameo

One nice thing about the disney club is that you can get free emerald club membership and the best discounts at national. DW and I have a full size 7 day emerald aisle rental for $181. not to shabby. Best of luck.

DaveF when is your rental for? I am renting a midsize in August and my rate is almost $100 more. I am a DC member also. Do you need to call a special # to get this special pricing? How do you get the EC membership?Thanks for any info you can give.

We used our EA card in Oct 2000. We got a very cute red convertible off the Aisle for 8 days....
drum roll please....$129.00. I was also able to use a Entertainment coupon for a $15 discount.

Good Luck!

Toni
off site - Oct 2000
next trip Oct 2002
unless i can figure out how to squeeze another one in sooner!

Did you get the $209 minivan rate from Dollar for October 2001? How did you get that? My quote was over $300!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest