National EA is costing more....

Poorman

DIS Veteran
When I book a rental with the EA for 11 days in October it is costing $386.00, without EA it is $289.00.

When I use 6600330 on the EA it does not eliminate the concession fee and also adds to the weekly and daily cost of the rental.

I guess it is time to look into another agency.

National is getting too expensive for me.

Since the new website, the pricing is definitely higher. I've been checking prices for two trips almost daily for several months, and the rates went up this week. I actually hate the new site --- it's difficult to figure out and it doesn't look like you can book Emerald Reserve.

I was "playing around" with the website (I can't do better then what I already have) but I put in dates for a 10 day rental, using EA it came up about $250. and without EA the cost is $171. So why would anyone bother with EA?For a savings of $80. I would go to the counter.

:earsgirl: :earsboy:

I noticed that when I made a reservation this week. I thought I was going crazy. I'm going for a long weekend in December and an intermediate car with EA (stacking code/coupon) was $147. Without EA was $91. I can wait in line while my wife gets the bags and it will be as quick as using EA. I don't get what they're doing.

Michael623 said:
I noticed that when I made a reservation this week. I thought I was going crazy. I'm going for a long weekend in December and an intermediate car with EA (stacking code/coupon) was $147. Without EA was $91. I can wait in line while my wife gets the bags and it will be as quick as using EA. I don't get what they're doing.

Or better still, use another rental company, maybe they will get the picture. I use National almost exclusively, and I go to Orlando 5-7 times a year. I used Thrifty in July, they were terrible. I guess budget or Dollar is next.

The same thing was happening to me. I called the Emerald Club. She said there was something wrong with the website. She booked my rental for me and I was able to get the cheaper price and do not have to go to the counter.

I'm still hoping it's just glitches and bugs that will be worked out soon.

I emailed them to find out. I hope they respond.

msmouse said:
The same thing was happening to me. I called the Emerald Club. She said there was something wrong with the website. She booked my rental for me and I was able to get the cheaper price and do not have to go to the counter.

I am going to call again today :rolleyes: and see if I can get mine switched from counter to reserve. I tried twice yesterday and was told the same thing--nothing wrong with the site, blah blah blah. I even had someone tell me it wouldn't take long at the counter since I'm an EC member. OK.....I want to AVOID the counter BECAUSE I'm an EC member, I shouldn't have to stand in line in the first place!

I will probably keep my EA reservation or the minivan at Alamo (and stand in line), simply because I can't stand fooling with them anymore, LOL.

I also ran into this problem using my Emerald Club number when I tried to reserve online. I was able to just call and make the reservation using the Emerald Club number (and coupon codes and Contract ID). I got the same rate I had gotten online without entering my Emerald Club number. So if you're having problems, just call and make your reservation! Worth it to bypass the counter, IMHO!

Waseller77 said:
I also ran into this problem using my Emerald Club number when I tried to reserve online. I was able to just call and make the reservation using the Emerald Club number (and coupon codes and Contract ID). I got the same rate I had gotten online without entering my Emerald Club number. So if you're having problems, just call and make your reservation! Worth it to bypass the counter, IMHO!

did you use the Priceless code when you called?

I called National reservations about 8:15 this morning to find out why I was being quoted $90 more for a minivan WITH my EC# than without. The woman I spoke to, while very polite, was useless and apparently clueless as well. First she said she couldn't do anything over the phone if it was an internet reservation? I told her I had already booked the ressie but it came up COUNTER and I just wanted to get Emerald Reserve for the same rate. Then she said that there might be something wrong on my EC profile that was making it come up counter. I tried to explain that I hadn't put in my EC# the first time, when I got the low rate. The problem was when I went back to put it in my rate jumped $90. She said that she shoudn't be tying up the line, as it was really for reservations only, and that maybe I should call Emerald Club directly, after 9:00. :rolleyes1
About 30 minutes later I decided to try again, and speak to Customer Service. This woman listened to my whole story and then said she was transferring me to RESERVATIONS, who should be able to help me! Luckily I got someone who knew what they were doing in reservations this time, and she changed it for me over the phone, no issue. I got my minivan 6 day rental for $139, Emerald Reserve! So if you are having the same problem, call...and don't take no for an answer. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter