Nassau Dolphin Excursion

MTMom

Disney Addict
We have planned and paid for our family to take part in the "Dolphin Swim" at Nassau. This is an excursion that is not a DCL excursion (DCL offers the "encounter" but not the "swim"). I noticed that when you book your Dolphin "Encounter" with DCL, you also get the Blue Lagoon Day excursion, which provides full use of the Blue Lagoon beach and facilities. We really want to do the "Swim" AND the Blue Lagoon beach day. Will we have to purchase the Blue Lagoon Day seperately? If so, when do we book this? On the ship or can we pay for it when we get to Blue Lagoon?

Disney does sell the beach day for $38...this includes transportation to the island and the lunch (no drinks included). There are lots of hammocks/chairs available-just a gorgeous place!

If you want to try to book the beach day on your own-Blue Lagoon does have some web site (something to do w/ Nassau, sorry, but I don't know where I got the web address). From what I remember the cost is $20 for transportation to the island, but this doesn't include lunch and you need to find out specifically where their boat leaves from so you can get there from DCL.

Hope this helps.

Kendra

Hi we went to the dolphin excursion and you stand in a little pool just above my knees with about 10 other people and you take turns petting the dolphin they take your picture , but you don't get real time with the dolphin or swim with them, it wasn't really worth the money and blue lagoon beach was a mess we went dec 6 and there was broken chairs and the beach was a mess and broken trees were everywhere it was very depressing, I went 13 yrs ago and that was the island disney went to before they bought the island they have now and it was so nice.So it was a little bit of a dissapointment

A week ago I was sitting on the beach at Blue Lagoon! Wish I could be there now! It's 30 degrees on a good day here in Michigan! Thought I would share my opinion since it's different than JOJOMG. We loved Blue Lagoon. I didn't have time to explore much of the area, but where I was...it was GREAT! Plenty of hammocks, tables/chairs ...a beautiful place.

Also, my in-laws and dd-6 and ds-4 did the "encounter". It was some of the best money I ever spent! Memories that'll last a lifetime. My kids each spent time hugging, kissing, feeding the dolphin. In fact, I don't know how the trainer could've done a better job. It was much better than I ever imagined. I am sure MTMOM will have a great time on the "swim".

I know Dave gave a site for blue lagoon. I know I went to another one as well. It was a long address that started w/ Nassau, but I have done some searching and still can't come up w/ an address. It listed prices and phone numbers too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter