Narcoossee's

SandyinMonterey

DIS Veteran
Recently dined at Narcoosee's. It was for our 20th wedding anniversary. It was fair at best. Ordered a bay breeze to start. My go to for 30 plus years and it was the worst I ever had. My husband's drink was fine, he ordered something else. Starters were the pear/endive salad for me and lobster bisque soup for hubbie. My salad was not great, very little endive, walnut, cheese or dressing and had 2 small shaved pieces of pear. Basically a bowl of greens. I had the filet mignon and husband had the surf and turf with the top sirloin. My filet mignon did not look or taste anything like a filet mignon. It was also over cooked and very, very thin. My husband said it tasted just like his top sirloin but cooked more. I can kick myself for putting out that amount of cash for this place.

It’s unfortunate that these great restaurants are having to substitute menu items - I can’t tell whether it’s truly due to the national supply shortage or if it’s another thing Disney is willfully keeping a lower quality. I’d be a lot happier and more understanding if Disney straight-up said that they were temporarily changing their menus with appropriate pricing to reflect the quality until supply is back up. It’s extremely noticeable if you’ve dined at these places before and are aware of the past high-quality ingredients.

That's too bad. We ate there this Saturday and thought it was pretty good. We both enjoyed the crab cakes, especially the remoulade and slaw that comes with it. My bf had the swordfish which was great. I also got the surf and turf with sirloin. Lobster wasn't the best I've ever had but it was still good. I asked for the sirloin medium rare and that's how it came. I have no qualms about sending back an improperly cooked steak...and this was just how I like it.

My biggest complaint was when I gave the waiter my magic band to scan the bill it came back without my DVC slider....and it could not be found. Really annoyed me as they are tough to come by. But the meal itself I thought was good.

I'm so sorry to hear this. We have our 40th anniversary at WDW, and Narcoose's was one of our ideas. We had a wonderful dinner at Artist Point for our 30th, but sadly that's no longer an option for us (somehow we don't envision character meals as a good choice for a quiet, romantic anniversary dinner). I guess Narcoose's may not be a good choice either.

I enjoyed the Sunday brunches at Nacoossee’s back when they used to have them but found the dinners lacking with no amount of fireworks to make up the difference. Sad use of such a lovely spot.

That's too bad. We ate there in April and it was one of our better Signature restaurants. Each course was wonderful. Maybe things have changed since then?
Previously was greatly underwhelmed with Citricos on several occasions, have not tried it since it reopened.

Send it back. Remember you typically receive the level of service you are willing to accept. Don't let anyone ibn the hospitality industry off the hook. Demand what you pay for. Also be aware of what you are paying for as to not to expect or demand more than you should expect. I typically ask for the manager as not to wast the servers time. I preface my complaint with "I do not want anything complementary on my bill nor any discounts, I'm only trying to help you deliver a better experience to your guests" then I tell them about my concerns or problems. Afterwards don't take the free desert or drink. That's their easy way out rather than better their service.

I will add, be kind when expressing your dissatisfaction.

Last edited:
We just ate there last week and absolutely loved it! I had surf and turf with lobster tail (awesome) and my wife had blackened salmon, which she loved. Service was excellent. One of our better meals at Disney in the last several years.

We ate there on Monday and enjoyed it. We had the crab and shrimp cakes and calamari to start. I had the scallops and gnocchi dish, which was so good, and my husband enjoyed his surf and turf with steak and salmon. We also got to enjoy Disney Enchantment from the veranda. I thought it was a great experience overall and would go back.

My biggest complaint was when I gave the waiter my magic band to scan the bill it came back without my DVC slider....and it could not be found. Really annoyed me as they are tough to come by. But the meal itself I thought was good.

Why do they keep asking for our Magic Bands to pay instead of just scanning it at the table as usual?

Why do they keep asking for our Magic Bands to pay instead of just scanning it at the table as usual?
Is that something new? I've never had them ask for the band. Every TS restaurant has always scanned it at the table. Including Narcoossee's when we were there in April.

I'm so sorry to hear this. We have our 40th anniversary at WDW, and Narcoose's was one of our ideas. We had a wonderful dinner at Artist Point for our 30th, but sadly that's no longer an option for us (somehow we don't envision character meals as a good choice for a quiet, romantic anniversary dinner). I guess Narcoose's may not be a good choice either.

Narcoossee’s is a must do dinner for us every year and we love it. It’s unfortunate others have had less than mediocre experiences there, but that has not been our personal experience in the many years that we have been dining there. Doesn’t hurt to give it a try!

Is that something new? I've never had them ask for the band. Every TS restaurant has always scanned it at the table. Including Narcoossee's when we were there in April.

They took our band this past weekend at Narcoossee, Brown Derby, Nomad Lounge, & Geyser Point. I can't recall seeing any servers with the handhelds but I might not have been paying close enough attention.

We're going back next week for 4 days so will ask what the deal is if they want to take the band again.

Without the handhelds, we do not enter our pin number. I just don't get it. I questioned Guest Services about it and they said they have passed it up the line. That was a month ago.

I had the filet mignon and husband had the surf and turf with the top sirloin. My filet mignon did not look or taste anything like a filet mignon. It was also over cooked and very, very thin. My husband said it tasted just like his top sirloin but cooked more.
We recently had the same experience! Narcoossee’s filet has always been one of the best on property, but last time it looked, “felt”, and tasted completely different. Thin, tough, and gristly. I inquired if it had been mixed up with the sirloin cut, but our server checked with the kitchen and they said they recently switched to a different cut of tenderloin/filet, no longer the “center cut.” Very disappointing since it’s been one of our favorites.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!