Narcoossee's vs California Grill: Dinner/Fireworks

We've done both twice. Most recently CG in March. It seems two of the words most used for the dining experience are "elegant" and "intimate." Ironically, for both restaurants. So for what it is worth...

I would rate CG as the more elegant. From the private elevator ride, to the overwhelming first look at the what seems like never-ending wine cases, it was an unreal experience for a simple couple from the Midwest. On our first trip to CG for our 30th wedding anniversary we had a perfect inside view. Just turned our chairs a little to take it all in. This past March, we were seated farther back, so we went outside. A little cool and breezy but still a fantastic view. Personally, I prefer the fireworks view at CG because I like to take in the whole park. Even the bus stops and train station add to the panorama of it all.

At least for our trips, Narcoossees was the more intimate. We could have been the only two in the restaurant. While we did not have a problem with the outside guests blocking our view, and we had window seats both times, the fireworks just didn't seem to have the same flair as at the CG. And our last time at CG it did seem quite loud. I do not remember that from our first trip.

We have had great food and service at both restaurants. But I will say this; the BBQ shrimp and grits at Narcoossees is not just the best appetizer I have had, it might be the best thing I have ever had to eat.

OK, now I need to plan another trip and book them both again!

Hands down Cali. It really isn't even close imo. Better food, better atmosphere, better everything. We stayed at the Poly during our last stay and the boat launch at TTC actually has an amazing view of the fireworks if you are looking for a less crowded but excellent view.
Can you hear the fireworks soundtrack from the boat launch at TTC?

IMG_4759.JPG IMG_4765.JPG Have not been to Narcoossee's (yet). We absolutely loved Caifornia Grill! Our meals were excellent! I had the seafood ramen and smores creme brulee!! So good! Service was very good as well. It is a little loud in the dining room but most Disney Restaurants are IMHO. The view of fireorks is truly magical!!

We have only done Narcoossee and while we weren't personally wowed by the food, it was still fine BUT the fireworks view is amazing! If that is what you are after than I definitely recommend it!

We've done both...while I still have yet to have a meal at Cali Grill where every single item has been a winner, we prefer it over Narcoosee's. Narcoosee's food isn't bad, but we just don't find it as interesting. And when we have had something really good at Cali Grill, it's REALLY good...like why do they have to change their menu so often, wish it could be on there all the time...good. While the Poly has the best view of the three monorail resorts, we prefer Cali Grill's view over Narcoosee's too.

I just did both these restaurants last week. The view is better at the California Grill as is the audio from the multiple speakers outside. Narcoossee's is great, too but not as close and the audio needs to be improved.

The food at the California Grill was outstanding, but Narcoossee's was no slouch either. I would do both in a heartbeat.

Having said all that... The absolute BEST view for "Happily Ever After" is in front of the castle. The fireworks are themed with the music and projections on the castle. They're designed to be viewed from that perspective. Have a very early dinner and then go to the turf area in front of Casey's at around 8-8:30pm and stake out a spot.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter