Narcoossee's - closed from September 17th until mid October

Since the last drop was last Wednesday, opening reservations through Sept. 16, I’m hopeful they’ll open another couple weeks tomorrow. I’m needing dinner on our final night there, on Sept. 29!

We had same experience with bookings and there was plenty of availability from the drop date (a week before) and up to the day of. We ate there and was disappointed. The renovations were an upgrade (one floor), good sigtlines, etc and the service was excellent, but the experience was forgettable. There are other places on property that our better IMO. Prefer Citricos over Narcoosees. The food was not bad but also not great for the price. We miss the old Narcoosees. It just didn’t feel special.

Why are they closed again. They were closed this past Jan/Feb 2023 for refurb
We recently introduced an enhanced interior and menu offerings at Narcoossee’s and will be making a few more equipment updates. Beginning September 17, 2023, Narcoossee’s will be unavailable. We expect to reopen by mid-October. During this time, we welcome Guests to consider other dining at the Grand Floridian Resort and Spa—including the signature dining favorite, Citricos.

Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa is currently undergoing refurbishment. Guests will be able to see and hear construction around the resort – including the lobby – during daytime hours. Most Resort hotel amenities will remain available. Please allow for extra travel time.

Why are they closed again. They were closed this past Jan/Feb 2023 for refurb, what now?

When they reopened I remember hearing that they would need to close again to finish the renovation at some point. I think it was originally assumed that would happen soon after reopening, but it never did. I assume the very late ADR releases were because they didn’t have a date when supplies, vendors &/or workers would be able to complete things. Apparently, they now have everything lined up.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter