Mythical Metals

Pixie_Dust

DIS Veteran
Do they still have that coin medallion booth at IOA? It was one of the cool little known surprises, like being at a Ren Faire booth only cleaner and more professional. Very entertaining to watch them strike the beautiful coins. I found our info sheet the other day and tried to look them up on the web with no luck, so wondered if they were still there. I still wear the necklace I got.

Cheers :)

Yes they do still have it! I have four of the bronze coins! They are very high quality and they all have different meanings. They are worth the twenty dollars it costs for the bronze coin!

This sounds kind of neat.

Could someone please explain a little more what this place is and what you do?

Thanks, Brenda

It's a small shop outside of the Sinbad show that sells all kinda of necklaces. They have several pre-made necklaces like dragon's claws and things like that. The main draw of the shop is the medallion making. They have an extensive list of different designs, they have several different dragons, zodiac signs, and various other symbols. Each of these symbols have a different meaning. You select two symbols and then they put these symbols on a blank medallion using an elaborate smashing mechanism. The medallions run from twenty dollars up to $75 or more. The people that work there are very kind and really get into their job, using accents and getting you involved in the process by talking to you and sometimes they even ask you to ring a gong to signify the making of your medallion. It's a wonderful little shop that everyone should visit! I know I do everytime i visit.:)

I really enjoyed even just reading the flyer telling what all the symbols mean and plannig out new pairings for when we go back. The design we chose was celtic horses that weren't on their flyer yet when we visited, which is why I had checked to see if they had a web site where the list might be updated. (The Om symbol on the flip side, if you wondered). :)
The basic medallion is bronze, which needs polishing after being against your skin, but you could pay a lot more for a gold one. They have a nifty way of tying the cord to make it adjustable, and gave me the little bit the goes over the coin to keep it from flipping for free (don't know if they do that all the time or if we really got a deal.) I bought it for DH, but I wear it!
When we were there it was very slow and go we got to strike the coin ourselves as well as ring the gong. Until I read your post I had forgotten that! But I did remember the fun Renaissance Faire type acting.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter