My Universal Photo Packages

I think their fb page got hacked it's been a lot of weird stuff posted.

Second we spent 9 days at USO recently and purchased the AP photo card for about $169 I think.... we probably could have skipped but I am hoping that our Nov trip and May trip make up for it. We only saw 2 actual photographers in the parks at the entry - 1 in each. Once my family got the one at the raptor encounter, but every other time we went, it was selfie or help from another family only. Nearly all our photos are ones we took on our phones or just the ride photos on the pass. Hoping it's better in Nov and next May!

I had the photo package for my trips in 2019, 2018, 2017. On all of those trips, I saw very few photographers around the park. What the past few posters have described seems normal to me. I would see them at the front of the parks and at the character meets sometimes. But, I love the ride photos, so I find the photo package worth the price.

I've use them twice now. They do run specials which you can find if you follow them on FB. I'm sure they advertise on their site as well.

Just beware, I bought a package in late 2019 for a planned return trip in 2020. Of course it all got pushed to 2021. Since the package was never activated they happily activated it at the beginning of June (this year) when we were finally able to make it back, but it had been so long since I bought it I didn't realize it was only for like 3 days. I got a great photo of DS and myself with Megatron on our last day and when I went to print it as one of our copies, the package had expired and we had no prints. The woman at the counter generously printed me a 5 x 7 for free, but since we didn't print our photos during the 3 days the pass was active we did not get the prints that came with the package.

Long story short, pay attention to how many days you have and if you really want the prints be sure and have them done before your package runs out.

On these packages, do you have to buy them in advance of taking any pictures? We're going to be in Universal for one day and wasn't planning on buying pictures but if we end up having some good ones and we add them to a card, can I buy the unlimited download package at the end of the day before leaving? I don't really care much about actual prints.

On these packages, do you have to buy them in advance of taking any pictures? We're going to be in Universal for one day and wasn't planning on buying pictures but if we end up having some good ones and we add them to a card, can I buy the unlimited download package at the end of the day before leaving? I don't really care much about actual prints.

If you do like a group family shot at the front of the parks then they need your photopass card to put the photos on there, same thing with ride photos they need a place for them to go.

My info is dated, but at the time (2018) you could take photos all day, then look BEFORE PARK CLOSE and decide if you want to buy the package. You can get a card from any of the photographers or ride photo counters and keep that card to collect the pics all day. Might want to double check during your visit though.

I was a little wary of the Amazing Photos site as well, but the Universal site had the option to add the photo packages - same prices. I had been hoping for a sale, but it didn't happen before our trip, so we bought via the Universal website in the middle of our trip. Only problem was that they needed a certain barcode from the email / account, and since we didn't have that, we had to go into the long guest services line right next door to the photo place in order to activate our account. And sometimes it was hard to get the ride photos - some had a single person helping, others were self-service kiosks.

We got the 3 day package (89.99), and were happy with it. The Universal app showed a bonus American Express deal where you get one extra printed photo if you pay with American Express. We had to ask about it and remind them, but we did get 3 printed pics total. The Harry Potter ride ones can only be printed in the 8x10 size apparently.

The Darkroom was lots of fun at Studios (near Schwab Pharmacy & Bourne). There were ~8-10 green screen scenes that the whole family could be in. We did them twice. The ET closet and bike photos were neat too. We got pics at the front of each park a few times. And we got ride photos for Velocicoaster, Hagrids, Hulk, Men In Black, Mummy, Jurassic Park River Adventure, Rip Saw Falls, Spiderman, etc. For Hagrids they add a mini video. We didn't make it back to Rip Ride Rocket during our 3 day time period, so we didn't get those pics or videos.

It was nice that the people at the counter at the front of the parks could adjust the pictures to center your group or cut off a few people not in your group.

As mentioned above getting your photos can be difficult. We never did fine our RRR photo. We had to often wait in long lines to get them. Volcano bay on the other hand was great. After riding all of the slides we linked our tapu to our photo card and got a bunch of photos automatically. Not sure I would do it again but it was fun to have our photos. We will have them for a year. I purchased through the website mentioned previously that seemed sketchy but it is legit.

We got a total of 46 pictures over our 3-day package, and were able to print them at Walgreen's. And we were happy with them :love:

TIP: Often cropping cuts out parts of some of the pictures (like the Universal logo, etc.), but if you put the picture into a "collage print" - even just a 4x6 "collage" with just a single picture in it - you can get the entire image on it.

We got a total of 46 pictures over our 3-day package, and were able to print them at Walgreen's. And we were happy with them :love:

TIP: Often cropping cuts out parts of some of the pictures (like the Universal logo, etc.), but if you put the picture into a "collage print" - even just a 4x6 "collage" with just a single picture in it - you can get the entire image on it.
Great tip for the collage! I’ve often wondered how to deal with lost or hanging/half borders and logos.

So we purchased this for are upcoming trip and while we have our app ready how do we connect it to our photos? Do we put the reservation in the app?

Also anyone have information on the photos spots in all three parks and city walk let us know!

Thank you!

So we purchased this for are upcoming trip and while we have our app ready how do we connect it to our photos? Do we put the reservation in the app?

Also anyone have information on the photos spots in all three parks and city walk let us know!

Thank you!

I assume you are talking about the photo app and not the Universal app? For Universal it is a different app, Amazing pictures or something like that.

1) Before going to the park, you get logged into to the photo pass app

2) The first photocard that you get, you link that to your app. It will be a paper business card with a barcode on it. Do that before the end of the day. You can link more than one photopass card to your account.

I assume you are talking about the photo app and not the Universal app? For Universal it is a different app, Amazing pictures or something like that.

1) Before going to the park, you get logged into to the photo pass app

2) The first photocard that you get, you link that to your app. It will be a paper business card with a barcode on it. Do that before the end of the day. You can link more than one photopass card to your account.
I did not know that-you said it was Amazing Pictures?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts