My Tower of Terror Obsession

orangele

Earning My Ears
SEE VIDEOS BELOW!!

So about 10 yrs ago I think I first started having thoughts about attempting to recreate the Tower of Terror basement elevator in my home because I loved the ride so much. I really am not very handy, so I tried to find some companies that actually did theme park construction, and did have an estimator from a company that did make disney rides come out and give me an estimate. It was astronomical price to simply recreate a 13 ft segment of the Tower of Terror basement wall; >$50,000. That essentially put my dream back to sleep for yrs.

Fast forward another five yrs and for some reason I got the itch to reinvestigate the cost and low and behold, I found a company that builds theatrical sets that gave me an estimate that was less than 10% of the first estimate I had gotten. I was so excited I signed the contract on the spot. That was nearly 3 months ago, and since that time I would call my project to recreate the Tower of Terror basement elevator a real obsession. I have been unable to sleep at night due to the multitude of ideas that pop into my head about new special effects I can create to not only recreate the Tower of Terror experience and story, but actually add to the story and define the story. Without further chit, chat, let me introduce you to my obsession, The Tower of Terror Theater. This obsession is ACTIVE and continues to grow with new ideas, new special effects added on a weekly or monthly basis. Just to name a few of the effects already in place which you can check out in the links below, include, simulated rain with lighting/thunder, steam boiler pipe burst, elevator electrical box short circuit with fire and smoke, a custom one of a kind "flipping table," prop, custom narration by Mark Silverman the voice of Tower of Terror. Check it out if you dare.

Last edited:
Wow, very impressive work! Nice enough having a finished basement, I've never thought of theming one this way!

It is the entrance to my home Theater and hence the Tower of Terror Theater. In the next month or two, I should have the entire sequence of special effects, video effects, and audio track integrated into a coherent automated scene triggered by the elevator button push.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter