My Son's MAW Trip

How is Gavin doing? Has his spitting calmed down? I hope your dr appt went well the other day. I hope you find peace in your planning today!

Thinking of you all!

He is actually doing really really well. Knock on wood! They upped his Tenex in the afternoon which seems to have helped some of that impulse control. He was having some trouble at first adjusting but seems to be doing better. I have been sick and I think he has picked up that I'm not feeling well because he has been really lovey. He has not been spitting and has only been using "nice touches."
He seems to be understanding the trip is fastly approaching. The other day we all had to watch Cars 2 in the living room. He insisted. Normally he likes to watch his movies on his own on his Ipad.
I continue to be nervous about everything of course because I see my happy little boy again and hope we just hold on to that for awhile. Atleast long enough for him to enjoy all of the magic. He is such a special kid. So when he can't handle something (for some sensory or autism related symptom) that I know he would normally like it is tough. You just want it for them so bad sometimes. :) I keep praying and knowing that everything has fallen into place so far so this will as well.

How is everything going with your family? Is everyone getting excited as it gets closer?

Look forward to talking more :) Glad Im not the only crier out there lol
Reading through your trip report. You're definately not the only crier, I've got tears reading your whole post. I actually get alot of tears reading any PTRs. Much more than when I watch a sappy commercial at the wrong time. I'm so, so happy for you and your family, to enjoy this trip. I hope it goes wonderfully!!:lovestruc

Back to his Disney plans... that does seem to be the only thing that Gavin consistently laughs at. Whenever we mentioned Lightning McQueen he will giggle (even in between screams at times haha). His sister is just as excited. We made a paper chain to countdown the days. I have been keeping myself busy with little projects to prepare us. I think it has been my coping skill during this time ;)
I also made a paper chain to help ODD count down the days. I also added a special link for every 10th link (our countdown was 100days) and on each 10th link, I give a small present related to the trip to each of the kids (only given one so far)

We plan to do all of the character meetings in the morning and do breakfast before heading to the parks. We would like to take the kids to a beach somewhere but you know we are cramming a lot in a short amount of time. I want to make sure they have time to take naps at the wish rooms on the days we are at parks all day. Please any suggestions are highly welcomed. Criticism as well :goodvibes

One thing I picked up while reading about the wish rooms at Disney is that they're only open during the week, not the weekends, if I understood correctly. However, looking at your schedule, looks like this won't be a problem. On a personal note, wondering if you could confirm while you're there using them, that they're actually closed on the weekends. We arrive on Friday, so I was thinking that Chatterbox would want to go straight to Disney on Saturday, but then the wish/resting room wouldn' tbe open.

Excited for you....it's getting so close :yay::banana::yay:

Thanks. I'm glad I'm not the only crier. I watched a gktw video and was bawling earlier lol. I will let you know about the wish lounges. :)

Thanks. I'm glad I'm not the only crier. I watched a gktw video and was bawling earlier lol. I will let you know about the wish lounges. :)

<---- Fellow crier here, too. Y'all read Karen Kingsbury books? There's rarely one I won't cry while reading. I cry when happy! I cry at kids' talent shows! Not MY kids- just kids in general! I might just pass out crying at GKTW :faint:.

Maybe thinking of this guy :banana::banana::banana::banana: will help stave off too many tears! ;)

I pretty much told my husband to plan on me crying for the first day at least lol. I have never read those books but have read the Nicholas sparks books and pretty much avoid them at this point lol

<---- Fellow crier here, too. Y'all read Karen Kingsbury books? There's rarely one I won't cry while reading. I cry when happy! I cry at kids' talent shows! Not MY kids- just kids in general! I might just pass out crying at GKTW :faint:.

Maybe thinking of this guy :banana::banana::banana::banana: will help stave off too many tears! ;)

Hahaha!!

This one kind of makes me laugh too, when I watch it all :lmao:

Sooooo....how many days now???
party::jumping1::goofy:

...sorry, got carried away!!

We are 19 days until lift off lol! I can not believe it!! Tons of excitement brewing in our house right now :)

19 days???

Wow. Just the thought of our trip being that close made me get butterflies! Hahaha...I can't imagine how you guys must be feeling! :cool1::cool1:

Praying for health for all of you! I just went and bought 2 bottles of Vitamin C capsules (DH won't chew or drink the other) for he and I to start consuming in hopes of staving off any ickies. DS drinks his Vit C with the various juices he has (and fruits he eats), so I'm hoping that helps. Now, the wiping of snot across his face and then touching everything else.....that's a work in progress and will be for a very long time, I'm thinking. :rolleyes:

Oh yes vitamin c and lots of hand sanitizer. He seems to be fighting this off okay but I will feel secure when it is all gone.

Yes 19 days is crazy! I am kind if freaking out to say the least. So so excited though. Gavs none verbal but laughs so much when we talk about it. Can't wait to see him in action down there! :)

GavandGraciesMommy said:
Oh yes vitamin c and lots of hand sanitizer. He seems to be fighting this off okay but I will feel secure when it is all gone.

Yes 19 days is crazy! I am kind if freaking out to say the least. So so excited though. Gavs none verbal but laughs so much when we talk about it. Can't wait to see him in action down there! :)

So sweet!!! I'm so happy that he's going to see Lightning!! Praying you all soon become icky-free :)

1 week and 6 days!! As you can imagine we are all anxious and excited! I am happy to report that Gavin has almost completely kicked his cold/ bronchitis! We still have a little congestions but with the breathing treatments he seems to be a new boy! We have started getting things together but no official packing yet--- my husband says it is too early lol but I tried to explain it is never too early to be prepared

Okay, so now 1 week and 2 days??? Only 9 days??? I can't count...too excited for you guys. Yippee!!!

I am trying not to freak out lol. Going to start packing some tomorrow.. The nonessentials of course. I have to do something to stay busy lol

I have been thinking of you. Have you had your going away party yet? Please let me know how things are going..if you have time. We are flying out of moline, stop over in detroit, then Detroit to Orlando. I'm excited to see how your experience flows! Smoothly I hope.

I have been thinking of you. Have you had your going away party yet? Please let me know how things are going..if you have time. We are flying out of moline, stop over in detroit, then Detroit to Orlando. I'm excited to see how your experience flows! Smoothly I hope.

We are doing great! How have you guys been? Gavin's behaviors has been awesome and he seems excited. We still have not had our party. We received an email on Wednesday that said our stuff was sent to our wish granters and we should hear from them on Thursday. Still no word yet though. I will start to worry if a few more days past but I know they ahve been really busy (thei daugther is getting married). So we are patiently waiting. I am trying to keep myself from the urge to pack now :) We did get a letter that said we will fly out of Moline to Chicago for a 3 hour lay over and he Orlando. Which works well for us because we have a lot of family there so are familar with the area. We wont have too much time to wander though. Cant wait to tell you how everything goes :)

Good
Yea I hope the big reveal goes well! keep us posted. Dis you find a belt/harness for Gavin's airline seat? keep us up to date on your packing vs shipping items please if you can! So excited for you

Yay! Glad you are getting everything in the next couple of days! I can't wait to hear all about your trip! Only a few days left! Everyone must be SO excited!

Jackie

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter