My sister was hit on purpose at MK yesterday

We were just there 6 weeks ago, in 2018 and 2017 for F&W and I have gone on a Friday and Saturday night and yes we heard more than normal curse words in WS (surprisingly mostly females) but never seen anyone falling down drunk. pushing or fighting. I wont go back on a Friday or Saturday night because we enjoy it more in the day. It's just not the scene for our young girls but haven't seen it as bad as some of the post in this thread. The best thing though was this lady that kept blowing her horn on her ECV behind us. I finally turned around and she yelled "MOVE" lol!!! I laughed and kept walking. It was the funniest thing ever!

I mean, I’m glad you’ve somehow escaped this trend, but I guess I’m not really seeing the point of implying that this sort of bad behavior doesn’t happen in Disney parks to the degree multiple posters have reported, or insinuating that people are finding trouble because they’re looking for it or just aren’t kind enough. I mean, OP’s sister was literally assaulted. And we just had an extreme example of bad behavior out at DLR not very long ago.

Chatting and making nice with people in queues doesn’t negate any of this, lol. I did that all weekend, and it didn’t magically prevent or erase the folks yelling at beleaguered CMs because the Skyliner wasn’t working, or the boorish family at the AK bus stop who’d evidently wandered in from MTV’s Jersey Shore cursing up a storm about the bus back to BC/YC taking too long. (One of the Dads looked like he was having a roid rage fit tbh.) Was the entire weekend like this? Of course not. Most of the guests I ran into were perfectly lovely folks just there to have fun, and I had some amazing interactions and met lots of nice people.

Was the foolishness and being extra noticeable during a holiday weekend filled with guests wearing tacky shirts about how much they think drinking to sloppy excess in a theme park full of kids and families is a reasonable substitute for a personality? Yeah, actually. And I’m not the first to note that either. I thought people were exaggerating until I saw it for myself. And it’s worth pointing out that the Sunday night crowd was a total 180. Sometimes it’s just the day you go.

All these replies I just read, wow! Maybe WDW should change their catch phrase to "Most tragical place on earth". I'm sorry but I just don't see it. Yes I have had my moments with rude guest or getting ran into with a stroller or someone that shouldn't be on a ECV almost running my kids over and the occasional drunk or swear words being heard but 99% of the time the people I run into are no different than me. Just someone trying to live in the magic. We love WDW and always have a great time, especially during Christmas when it's wall to wall people. If you are looking for the bad you will see it. We focus on ourselves and look at all the good in the park so maybe we just don't see all the bad I just read about. We did decide to go less often but that's due to Disney draining my bank account, not the crowds or guest. The few times I got into a confrontation with someone, it was over as fast as it started and it didn't ruin my day or my trip. We make conversation with people while waiting in line or standing to watch the parade or fireworks. We also stop and let the forward focused people pass so they can get where ever they are going. When people try to push past us in line we just stand our ground and tell them then can wait behind us as I laugh about it and then carry on with my family. The one exception is if it's a parent that had to leave to take their little one to the bathroom. They get a pass but the 20 tour group kids going to meet the guy with a flag have to wait lol. It all works out and we always have a good time. Being kind is contagious.

I think you kind of missed the point.

I think you kind of missed the point.
I'm sure I did. I am a speed reader, roughly 1200 words a minute so …. But back to what you said … I get the point of OP's post. From what I read, she was being the better person and letting them pass. It did her no good as they were still jerks. I was also just making a point ;)

The CM IMO did a poor job of not asking the group to move to the side while sorting out their issue. But in CMs defense the FOP entrance can be a &*%$ show.
CMs can’t be everywhere to monitor things but usually on top of crowd control. You’d think the mob would’ve been directed to move.

OP sorry you experienced a decidedly unmagical time at WDW. Unfortunately, it does happen. The negative issues i’ve Experienced over the years tend to focus upon:

*parades & firework viewing spots at MK...people expect to find a great spot (in front of me lol) ten minutes beforehand. Never mind that i’ve Been standing there for an hour re the party events. Yes, I am an ogre. You & your child cannot stand in front of me, period

*wildly driven cow catcher type ECVs & strollers when the parks are crowded. You visit enough, you will eventually get clipped. Would i want to navigate either in crowds? Nope, but you still have to be responsible operating both & keep an eye out for fellow guests. Conversely, it’s wise for mobile guests to be especially watchful when it’s crowded.

Although it would be lovely indeed, It’s probably unrealistic to expect that rude & agressive people would be magically transformed into considerate & caring types via entering walt disney world. If anything, the heightened sense of wanting to have the best possible trip & whatever stress they manufacture, can really bring out the uglies. Akin to how drinking is often said to magnify one’s true personality.

I do agree with Jimmy Mouse that choosing to be kind and having a positive attitude might make a difference and prevent a situation from escalating.

But, I am nice and have still been mistreated, knocked over, screamed at, and once nearly run over by an ECV...got part of the rubber on my sneaker, and by the grace of God didn't run over my actual foot.

We go in early morning, leave by lunch, and do NOT return at night. We avoid the crowds like the plague.

I mean, I’m glad you’ve somehow escaped this trend, but I guess I’m not really seeing the point of implying that this sort of bad behavior doesn’t happen in Disney parks to the degree multiple posters have reported, or insinuating that people are finding trouble because they’re looking for it or just aren’t kind enough. I mean, OP’s sister was literally assaulted. And we just had an extreme example of bad behavior out at DLR not very long ago.

Chatting and making nice with people in queues doesn’t negate any of this, lol. I did that all weekend, and it didn’t magically prevent or erase the folks yelling at beleaguered CMs because the Skyliner wasn’t working, or the boorish family at the AK bus stop who’d evidently wandered in from MTV’s Jersey Shore cursing up a storm about the bus back to BC/YC taking too long. (One of the Dads looked like he was having a roid rage fit tbh.) Was the entire weekend like this? Of course not. Most of the guests I ran into were perfectly lovely folks just there to have fun, and I had some amazing interactions and met lots of nice people.

Was the foolishness and being extra noticeable during a holiday weekend filled with guests wearing tacky shirts about how much they think drinking to sloppy excess in a theme park full of kids and families is a reasonable substitute for a personality? Yeah, actually. And I’m not the first to note that either. I thought people were exaggerating until I saw it for myself. And it’s worth pointing out that the Sunday night crowd was a total 180. Sometimes it’s just the day you go.

You're killing it in this thread, completely 100% agree with your takes.

(Gave one of your posts a like but felt you deserved a call out)

You laugh but it’s 100% true. I think part of the problem is that a lot of guests come from places where they just aren’t used to being pedestrians in a crowded space, dealing with so many other people. As a native NYer I’ve seen this same dumb, selfish, oblivious behavior from tourists here my whole life: large groups of people stopping in the middle of the sidewalk to gawk at guide maps, nowadays people staring into phones instead of watching where they’re walking, etc.

We even see this in Downtown Sacramento of all places! People are going to the Capitol to sightsee, meet with a legislator for the first time, attend a rally, etc., and it‘s like they‘ve never seen a one way street or a crosswalk.

I‘ll never forget my first trip to WDW in 2015. My wife is from Ireland and we decided to meet 5 of her 9 brothers and sisters halfway by meeting in Orlando. My wife and I are waiting for the bus to Disney Springs and I literally have our then 10-month old strapped to my chest in a harness. We get on the bus, and there weren‘t two seats together. As I approach an empty seat a lady dives across it, snarls “this is taken!”, because she wants to save it for her able bodied husband who was behind me.

From the back of the bus this angel stands up, and in the thickest New Jersey accent I’ve ever heard in my life, says, “honey, come back here. Jersey knows how to treat people right.” That made my day right there. I rarely think about the woman who was so self absorbed that she wouldn’t let me sit down with a baby. And now I always give up my seat to anyone from Jersey!

A few years ago, we were at MK in February about an hour before Wishes at 9pm. The crowds were dense, and we were trying to go from Main Street to Tomorrowland. It was dark, and the CM's were doing their best to make a walkway by spreading their arms and waving their flashlights. As we were going through the (maybe) 4' wide walkway, a large (as in tall and heavy) woman pushing a double wide stroller (one child in it, and a huge pile of coats and such in the other seat) appeared in the walkway moving at a brisk (almost running) clip in the opposite direction. She rammed the stroller into my wife, who started to fall towards the carriage. She was caught by a CM and a guy who was standing nearby on the other side of the aisle. You would think the woman with the stroller would say "I'm sorry". No, instead she screamed "Get off my baby you fat cow!" and an older version of this woman behind her started a stream of obscenities which should never be heard in MK. Once my wife was up, the perpetrators disappeared, again at high speed down the narrow walkway. My wife declined medical assistance. When we got back to the room that night, she had a huge bruise on her calf from the incident.

I was in Asda ( Walmart UK) a while ago and was studying a shelf to decide between two items. Someone came up with a trolley and obviously wanted to look at what I was looking at... so they decided to gently push their trolley into me and then, first gently, then harder, tried to push me out of the way (a feat of strength as I am a curvaceous lady)😂 my look of disbelief resulted in a muttered sorry but they didn't withdraw! Some people think its ok to literally push others around. It's important not to sink to those people's standards though.

I was in Asda ( Walmart UK) a while ago and was studying a shelf to decide between two items. Someone came up with a trolley and obviously wanted to look at what I was looking at... so they decided to gently push their trolley into me and then, first gently, then harder, tried to push me out of the way (a feat of strength as I am a curvaceous lady)😂 my look of disbelief resulted in a muttered sorry but they didn't withdraw! Some people think its ok to literally push others around. It's important not to sink to those people's standards though.

I like to remind myself how fortunate I am not to have to be friends, relatives or neighbors of these kind of people.

OP, I'm sorry that happened to your family.

A few years ago my family and I were leaving MK and after taking the ferry to the TTC we were first in line for the trams to the parking lot. As the tram pulled up and we were given the OK to board, I stepped onto the tram and these two women (not super young either, probably 50's) forcibly and physically cut in front of my then 15 year old who was directly behind me and holding the back of my shirt as she was trying to step up to board and one of the women GRABBED me by my arm to stop me from getting in and started puling me backwards. Mind you ... I was already in the tram! I pulled so hard forward that she fell forward into the tram on the floor (because of the step up). My husband had to hold my daughter back for her own protection and because my daughter was going to grab the lady who was holding me. Thankfully he saw the sense in holding her back because my daughter believed I was in danger and saw this lady trying to tackle me and she was going to get into the fray to protect me. The other lady jumped in behind the lady who I pulled away from and they took up the whole row. I had no choice but to get off to go to my family while these women were laughing at us. We kept our cool, but were very vocal about it. The CM at the back of the tram, as well as bystanders saw the whole thing. The CM did nothing and didn't leave his seat on the tram. After calling Disney to report it, they "compensated" us by putting tickets on our MDE to an event that week. Honestly, I was more upset about the CM NOT intervening when my daughter, who was a minor at the time, could've been hurt, never mind me.

We go to a lot of minor league baseball and hockey games up here and I have NEVER seen that kind of behavior. And hockey is a rough sport! But I've never seen aggressive behavior from the fans or been a recipient of a physical attack.

OP, I'm sorry that happened to your family.

A few years ago my family and I were leaving MK and after taking the ferry to the TTC we were first in line for the trams to the parking lot. As the tram pulled up and we were given the OK to board, I stepped onto the tram and these two women (not super young either, probably 50's) forcibly and physically cut in front of my then 15 year old who was directly behind me and holding the back of my shirt as she was trying to step up to board and one of the women GRABBED me by my arm to stop me from getting in and started puling me backwards. Mind you ... I was already in the tram! I pulled so hard forward that she fell forward into the tram on the floor (because of the step up). My husband had to hold my daughter back for her own protection and because my daughter was going to grab the lady who was holding me. Thankfully he saw the sense in holding her back because my daughter believed I was in danger and saw this lady trying to tackle me and she was going to get into the fray to protect me. The other lady jumped in behind the lady who I pulled away from and they took up the whole row. I had no choice but to get off to go to my family while these women were laughing at us. We kept our cool, but were very vocal about it. The CM at the back of the tram, as well as bystanders saw the whole thing. The CM did nothing and didn't leave his seat on the tram. After calling Disney to report it, they "compensated" us by putting tickets on our MDE to an event that week. Honestly, I was more upset about the CM NOT intervening when my daughter, who was a minor at the time, could've been hurt, never mind me.

We go to a lot of minor league baseball and hockey games up here and I have NEVER seen that kind of behavior. And hockey is a rough sport! But I've never seen aggressive behavior from the fans or been a recipient of a physical attack.

I am glad you and your daughter weren’t injured. That could have ended very badly. The bad thing about Disney turning a blind eye to the disgusting things people like this do is it could very well embolden them to escalate it at the next opportunity. Not a great way to handle it, imho.

Last edited:
All of these stories sound unbelievable, BUT they are not! I have my own to add:
I had to be in a wheelchair because of plantar fasciitis and not being able to walk. My husband was pushing me at the opening of the MK. This was when they still had the train show (which I miss). He pushed me clear over to the right side of the "road" so we could keep out of the way. As we approached the Ice cream parlor where you can turn right and cut through to fantasyland, this huge man (think linebacker) with a double wide stroller ran right over my left foot rest! My right foot was the injured one. Thankfully, for some reason, I had lifted my left foot off the rest and it did not get injured. However, he broke the wheel and the frame. My husband didn't realize this and tried to push it to 7DMT for our FP. When we got there, the guy was only about 50 people or less in front of us. I have never wanted to smack someone as much as I did then. But I didn't, of course. My husband had to go back to the front of the park and get another W/C. He told the CM what happened and the CM said that sadly that was not an uncommon thing to happen. Really? It is common now to have doublewide strollers run over people.?
This guy never slowed down and we saw him pushing other people out of the way just to get to a ride! That was the rudest thing that has ever happened to us. I was just lucky that my left foot wasn't on the rest or I would have had both feet out of commission! Grrrrr.... Oh, and my husband has nerve damage in his leg, so he has difficulty walking so I was upset that he had to walk all the way back from fantasyland to the front of the MK.

I don’t have time to read all 4 pages—but I just wanted to say I’m sorry that happened to your family on your Disney trip. It was awful and ugly.
One thing that I particularly liked at Disney was that we met truly nice people from all over the world. I feel like I “know” people from Pittsburgh and London now.
Unfortunately, 1 jerk & their jerk move can zap away a lot of that kindness.
Try to isolate that bad incident in your memory. This was one bad moment—separate it from all of your wonderful memories of your trip.

Being 5 ft 3, my #1 rude crowd problem is average height people carrying backpacks. It’s not too bad if they have both straps on their shoulders, but when they just sling it over one shoulder and hold it with their elbow sticking out—I can’t even begin to tell you how many times I’ve almost had my face smashed in some way or another.

Being 5 ft 3, my #1 rude crowd problem is average height people carrying backpacks. It’s not too bad if they have both straps on their shoulders, but when they just sling it over one shoulder and hold it with their elbow sticking out—I can’t even begin to tell you how many times I’ve almost had my face smashed in some way or another.

5 feet even and forever taking elbows, bags, and hair whips to the face 😂 I feel this.

OP, so sorry to hear this happened to your family.
So sad to read this seems to be a normal occurrence these days at WDW :(
Don’t forget the Land pavilion...so many people stopping right after they get off that escalator. I saw a couple of near misses the other day.
This area is where we saw a woman who had been coming down the stairs with her two young children, they couldn't have been any older than 5, if even that old. Not sure if she was pushed or she tripped, but whatever happened, she went down on the floor. Every single person (and it was crowded) walked right around her totally ignoring her because they were rushing to get to Soarin'. We weren't by the stairs and went over to help her, and thankfully she was OK and also that her kids weren't knocked over and trampled.

5 feet even and forever taking elbows, bags, and hair whips to the face 😂 I feel this.
4' 11" clocking in and can also relate! 😂

Even when backpack is worn fully on the back, pretty sure people don’t realize how far some of those ginormous ones can protrude out. Especially, when they make a dead stop walking in heavy crowds, in line when they start to restlessly shift in lines where the CM pack you in (HM etc), even when turn around, easy to get a unexpected whap with one. Then ‘you’ get the dirty look lol

Yes, me and my DD had been hit, pushed down, ran over by scooters.

I try to teach my DD that Manners matter, but it is hard when she see such bad examples.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter