My sister was hit on purpose at MK yesterday

I try really hard to be optimistic, so maybe I’m seeing through rose colored glasses, but I don’t think bad behavior is as rampant as it seems from reading this thread.

I’ve definitely had a handful of bad experiences. Someone being rude to me personally, painfully ramming an ankle etc. Considering the number of people you share space with in a typical Disney day it isn’t so bad.

My advice would be to let those moments pass by as quickly as possible. If you aren’t actually injured just move on. And if you see rudeness not directed toward you ignore it completely. Some things I notice and literally turn my head, block it out, move on to something else and it’s soon forgotten.

You might say I’m in denial but its willful denial. I can’t change how other people act so I focus on my own experience.
I agree. Similarly, leaving MK slowly just after fireworks, someone rammed my ankle with a wheelchair so hard that I limped. The night before I was going to run the Star Wars 10K too. I couldn't run of course, so I slept in and we had a marvelous pool day instead. I was disgusted, but we made the best of a bad situation. It's sucks that people behave the way they do, but I won't let it ruin my entire trip.

Me and my husband were walking into the area near ppl mover and this lady holding a child comes from behind us going fast and shoulder checks my husband than yells at him to move. Like what? We move at a snail's pace due to me being slow so this lady was rude and crazy.

Last night at MK was the most crowded I have ever seen it, and certain areas were downright dangerous. The CMs were trying their best to direct flow but people weren’t listening and they were just being jerks and pushing through wherever they wanted. It was very intense around fireworks times since people wanted to just stop and watch the fireworks in the middle of walking areas.
THIS! is the reason we booked BLT with a theme park view. People are becoming more and more rude.

How awful.

We have a policy that the minute the parks begin to get crowded, we are OUT. We typically rope drop the parks and leave before lunchtime. We have lunch at our resort, and then have a relaxing afternoon at the pool...usually the quiet pool. If someone needs to nap, I will stay in the room with them, and DH will take the others to the pool. Then at night, we eat at a nice restaurant. We rarely venture back out to the parks at night anymore because of the crowds. We either watch fireworks from our resort or restaurant. Cali Grill is a favorite for that.

I agree. Similarly, leaving MK slowly just after fireworks, someone rammed my ankle with a wheelchair so hard that I limped. The night before I was going to run the Star Wars 10K too. I couldn't run of course, so I slept in and we had a marvelous pool day instead. I was disgusted, but we made the best of a bad situation. It's sucks that people behave the way they do, but I won't let it ruin my entire trip.

Oh man that sucks so bad. As zen as I try to be someone injuring me bad enough to take me out of a race would severely try my patience.

Glad you were able to make the best of it.

Even the worst of character people can behave well when all the conditions are right. It sounds like their true bad character shined through!

But a true test of a good character is to be a good person even when you're tired, hot, over crowded and people have been pushing your limits for hours.

We met a mom on a trip to GF recently and she was using the heightened stressful situation previously mentioned, as a teaching instrument for her teenage son. We were quite impressed and thought that was a great idea!

at least you can now apply what you've learned using public transit in an urban area and apply it traversing disney world lol

You laugh but it’s 100% true. I think part of the problem is that a lot of guests come from places where they just aren’t used to being pedestrians in a crowded space, dealing with so many other people. As a native NYer I’ve seen this same dumb, selfish, oblivious behavior from tourists here my whole life: large groups of people stopping in the middle of the sidewalk to gawk at guide maps, nowadays people staring into phones instead of watching where they’re walking, etc.

At Disney parks this stuff is compounded by the expense people go to in order to go on the vacation to begin with, with the added pressure they put on themselves to have a Perfect Vacation because of that. People get upset because the most popular tourist destination on earth isn’t empty like on the commercials. They paid so much to be here, after all, so they have a right to act any old way. Never mind that everyone else paid a lot also. I’ve seen on these very boards people justifying the most inconsiderate behavior with “I only care about my family”. It’s sad seeing kids at the parks being taught all the wrong things by parents like this.

You laugh but it’s 100% true. I think part of the problem is that a lot of guests come from places where they just aren’t used to being pedestrians in a crowded space, dealing with so many other people. As a native NYer I’ve seen this same dumb, selfish, oblivious behavior from tourists here my whole life: large groups of people stopping in the middle of the sidewalk to gawk at guide maps, nowadays people staring into phones instead of watching where they’re walking, etc.

At Disney parks this stuff is compounded by the expense people go to in order to go on the vacation to begin with, with the added pressure they put on themselves to have a Perfect Vacation because of that. People get upset because the most popular tourist destination on earth isn’t empty like on the commercials. They paid so much to be here, after all, so they have a right to act any old way. Never mind that everyone else paid a lot also. I’ve seen on these very boards people justifying the most inconsiderate behavior with “I only care about my family”. It’s sad seeing kids at the parks being taught all the wrong things by parents like this.
At least there arent any escalators.

In the past few visits I've noticed this that the Magic Kingdom specifically seems to have more incidents like this over other parks. ( Not that it doesn't happen at the others - just more at MK ). I don't know if it's the crowds or that the walking area is smaller than the other parks or what but we've seen a rise of these types of issues and just unhappy people in general.

I hope the rest of their trip gets better.

Spacial relations- some families just don't get it.
They stop in a trafficked path where 3 feet away is a nice spot they wouldn't be blocking the flow. Don't even get me started on people blocking exits, entrances and stairs. Then there's the people who just can't compute to navigate oncoming traffic, lol.

Spacial relations- some families just don't get it.
They stop in a trafficked path where 3 feet away is a nice spot they wouldn't be blocking the flow. Don't even get me started on people blocking exits, entrances and stairs. Then there's the people who just can't compute to navigate oncoming traffic, lol.

My faves are the large families in matching Etsy shirts walking at a snail’s pace 5 abreast in places like Main Street or that horrible chokepoint in old Fantasyland by Peter Pan...inevitably while you’re trying to make a Fastpass.:sad2:

My faves are the large families in matching Etsy shirts walking at a snail’s pace 5 abreast in places like Main Street or that horrible chokepoint in old Fantasyland by Peter Pan...inevitably while you’re trying to make a Fastpass.:sad2:
Exactly! I always have to laugh seeing those families walk shoulder to shoulder 5-6-7-even sometimes 8 ppl across. Geez, can some of you take turns at leading the way?

Just my two cents but I've noticed people becoming more and more nasty in the parks as well. What drives me nuts is them yelling at the CM for something that is totally the guests fault like staying too long at dinner and missing a FOP fastpass. No amount of yelling is going to get you a fastpass to that ride but they can't understand that at all. I think it's entitlement factor that some people think because they spent X amount that they should have it all their way and have everything catered to them.

How awful.

We have a policy that the minute the parks begin to get crowded, we are OUT. We typically rope drop the parks and leave before lunchtime. We have lunch at our resort, and then have a relaxing afternoon at the pool...usually the quiet pool. If someone needs to nap, I will stay in the room with them, and DH will take the others to the pool. Then at night, we eat at a nice restaurant. We rarely venture back out to the parks at night anymore because of the crowds. We either watch fireworks from our resort or restaurant. Cali Grill is a favorite for that.
Same.

The last time we were in the parks at night, it was rough dealing with the rude people who had no problem crashing into us and would just keep right on going...no "excuse me." We view the fireworks outside the parks, at our resort, fireworks cruise, or restaurant.

Same.

The last time we were in the parks at night, it was rough dealing with the rude people who had no problem crashing into us and would just keep right on going...no "excuse me." We view the fireworks outside the parks, at our resort, fireworks cruise, or restaurant.

It’s dessert party or those other options for us. We let the park clear out before we start making our way out. Leaving after Epcot Forever this past Saturday night was awful, between the Food & Wine drunks and angry guests carrying on because the Skyliner was down. The latter were too busy fussing and cussing to hear the CMs saying that buses to the Skyliner resorts would be available at the Boardwalk. I was never so glad to stay within walking distance of Epcot.

All these replies I just read, wow! Maybe WDW should change their catch phrase to "Most tragical place on earth". I'm sorry but I just don't see it. Yes I have had my moments with rude guest or getting ran into with a stroller or someone that shouldn't be on a ECV almost running my kids over and the occasional drunk or swear words being heard but 99% of the time the people I run into are no different than me. Just someone trying to live in the magic. We love WDW and always have a great time, especially during Christmas when it's wall to wall people. If you are looking for the bad you will see it. We focus on ourselves and look at all the good in the park so maybe we just don't see all the bad I just read about. We did decide to go less often but that's due to Disney draining my bank account, not the crowds or guest. The few times I got into a confrontation with someone, it was over as fast as it started and it didn't ruin my day or my trip. We make conversation with people while waiting in line or standing to watch the parade or fireworks. We also stop and let the forward focused people pass so they can get where ever they are going. When people try to push past us in line we just stand our ground and tell them then can wait behind us as I laugh about it and then carry on with my family. The one exception is if it's a parent that had to leave to take their little one to the bathroom. They get a pass but the 20 tour group kids going to meet the guy with a flag have to wait lol. It all works out and we always have a good time. Being kind is contagious.

All these replies I just read, wow! Maybe WDW should change their catch phrase to "Most tragical place on earth". I'm sorry but I just don't see it. Yes I have had my moments with rude guest or getting ran into with a stroller or someone that shouldn't be on a ECV almost running my kids over and the occasional drunk or swear words being heard but 99% of the time the people I run into are no different than me. Just someone trying to live in the magic. We love WDW and always have a great time, especially during Christmas when it's wall to wall people. If you are looking for the bad you will see it. We focus on ourselves and look at all the good in the park so maybe we just don't see all the bad I just read about. We did decide to go less often but that's due to Disney draining my bank account, not the crowds or guest. The few times I got into a confrontation with someone, it was over as fast as it started and it didn't ruin my day or my trip. We make conversation with people while waiting in line or standing to watch the parade or fireworks. We also stop and let the forward focused people pass so they can get where ever they are going. When people try to push past us in line we just stand our ground and tell them then can wait behind us as I laugh about it and then carry on with my family. The one exception is if it's a parent that had to leave to take their little one to the bathroom. They get a pass but the 20 tour group kids going to meet the guy with a flag have to wait lol. It all works out and we always have a good time. Being kind is contagious.

Go to Epcot on a Saturday night during Food & Wine. You will see more “it” than you ever wanted to.

Go to Epcot on a Saturday night during Food & Wine. You will see more “it” than you ever wanted to.
We were just there 6 weeks ago, in 2018 and 2017 for F&W and I have gone on a Friday and Saturday night and yes we heard more than normal curse words in WS (surprisingly mostly females) but never seen anyone falling down drunk. pushing or fighting. I wont go back on a Friday or Saturday night because we enjoy it more in the day. It's just not the scene for our young girls but haven't seen it as bad as some of the post in this thread. The best thing though was this lady that kept blowing her horn on her ECV behind us. I finally turned around and she yelled "MOVE" lol!!! I laughed and kept walking. It was the funniest thing ever!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter