My NEW Fold and Go Wheelchair is the best investment that I have ever made. Great at Disney and eve

I was still in the yellow and never in the red each day regardless of speeding or spending over 12-hours in a day. At first, I didn't believe because of my previous experiences with my scooters.

But then I came to realize how much longer they last. I don't know if it because of the Lithium-Ion batteries compared to the makeup of the U-1 scooter batteries.

I am pretty sure it uses both batteries at the same time even though it has two motors. Each battery casing has a little button on it to press when the joystick is turned on to see how many bars are lit on each battery like I usually see on my joystick. I'll check it later this morning.

I am currently testing your theory out at the beach. I don't drive on the beach, but I am on vacation going everywhere around town and the boardwalk, etc.

I still have yellow bars on the third day and I haven't charged it yet. My old ways of thinking were that I would charge it overnight, but I am not.

The only downside about being on vacation during Christmas Day for me is being alone. I woke up at 0300 and it is so quiet. It doesn't seem like Christmas at all to me. I've never been away from home on Christmas. A little lonely. But I have a lot planned today and reservations for a nice Christmas dinner and a movie and of course the beach and ocean.

I was curious about the batteries and so I checked the bars on the joystick and both batteries.

The joystick has two green bars, three yellow bars, and two red bars.

Right now the joystick is showing no green bars and three yellow bars and two red bars, so I guess that means I have plenty of power. We'll see.

I checked the top of the casings on each of the Lithium-Ion batteries. They have five four green bars and one red bar. Right now I have three green bars and one red bar. I don't usually check these, but I am glad that I checked for you.

I wish that there were less yellow bars on my joystick and more green bars. I guess I am used to seeing more green bars on my scooter.

First of all - thank you for the information! :) As always, you were so thorough! :) I think I have a very good feel for how your chair works now. Should I decide to move in that direction, I will take your advice, and rent one *first*, so that I can make sure that it's the right ride for me.

I hope your Christmas Day turned out to be wonderful and beachy there next to the ocean (kinda jealous, have to admit it!) and calm and peaceful! It has taken our family a long time to learn that we should have the Christmas that is right for *us*, and not necessarily right for any other family. So, this year, we decorated our house differently than we ever have (less "in your face" and much more subtle) and our holiday meal was a family favorite - homemade BBQ brisket (simmered in the crock pot overnight) and each person got *one* gift - one thoughtful, meaningful gift that was about the recipient, not about how it would look on social media, or how much it cost. And we had the nicest, most relaxed day we have had ever.

It is a *very* emotional time of the year, and it seems to me that with social media, we all feel even more pressure to have the "perfect" day. But no day is ever actually "perfect", and that's OK, because none of us humans are actually "perfect". I hope your day was the best it could be! :)

Awww...that's exactly how I feel, too. I was a little lonely at first, but I prepared my day out ahead of time and I had a good time.

First of all - thank you for the information! :) As always, you were so thorough! :) I think I have a very good feel for how your chair works now. Should I decide to move in that direction, I will take your advice, and rent one *first*, so that I can make sure that it's the right ride for me.

I hope your Christmas Day turned out to be wonderful and beachy there next to the ocean (kinda jealous, have to admit it!) and calm and peaceful! It has taken our family a long time to learn that we should have the Christmas that is right for *us*, and not necessarily right for any other family. So, this year, we decorated our house differently than we ever have (less "in your face" and much more subtle) and our holiday meal was a family favorite - homemade BBQ brisket (simmered in the crock pot overnight) and each person got *one* gift - one thoughtful, meaningful gift that was about the recipient, not about how it would look on social media, or how much it cost. And we had the nicest, most relaxed day we have had ever.

It is a *very* emotional time of the year, and it seems to me that with social media, we all feel even more pressure to have the "perfect" day. But no day is ever actually "perfect", and that's OK, because none of us humans are actually "perfect". I hope your day was the best it could be! :)

I had already been looking into a Fold&Go. I did tons of research and knew I wanted one, just was on the 'Try Before You Buy' rental wait list from mid February through mid May...and still around number 23 on the list! It just goes to show that once someone has a chance to try one, they don't want to return it. Between the other reviews, and specifically yours, I decided to jump on just buying my turquoise HD Fold&Go with the thought that if I found the seating position uncomfortable, or that it didn't meet my needs, that there was a 30-day return policy with a re-stocking fee that would have actually been less than the one month rental fee. I did use your name when I bought my chair. Well, one day in that chair at Disneyland in Anaheim and I knew it was staying with me. I just need to figure out how to help other park guests notice me a little better to avoid having them walk right in front of, or even into the side of my chair.

Hi, Jeanette. I felt the same way when I first used my Fold and Go Wheelchair, too. I still bump my toe when I lean forward to reach for a grocery item without thinking about my forearm pushing my joystick forward. Ouch!

But I wouldn't trade it for anything. I am so happy with it.

Thanks for mentioning my name. I hope to hear from them. They said they would give me a 1% credit or accessory purchase. I am thinking about buying that folding tripod seat to rest my right leg on when it starts hurting.

I am also waiting for the lift that they are designing to help lift the folded wheelchair in the rear of an SUV.

I want to rent more cars for travel besides using the airline to travel.

I know what you mean. There will always be someone walking in front of us while they are on their phone. What can you do.

I had a dream one night that I use a portable fog horn at WDW and everyone scattered everywhere...ha...ha...ha.

Have fun and thank you.

Oh, and my bucket list is to travel to Disneyland for the first time. I will eventually get there.

I had already been looking into a Fold&Go. I did tons of research and knew I wanted one, just was on the 'Try Before You Buy' rental wait list from mid February through mid May...and still around number 23 on the list! It just goes to show that once someone has a chance to try one, they don't want to return it. Between the other reviews, and specifically yours, I decided to jump on just buying my turquoise HD Fold&Go with the thought that if I found the seating position uncomfortable, or that it didn't meet my needs, that there was a 30-day return policy with a re-stocking fee that would have actually been less than the one month rental fee. I did use your name when I bought my chair. Well, one day in that chair at Disneyland in Anaheim and I knew it was staying with me. I just need to figure out how to help other park guests notice me a little better to avoid having them walk right in front of, or even into the side of my chair.

Oooo! Say more things about *this*! That sounds like exciting news!

That's all I know. I guess they may be trying to get a patent or still designing it.

They said a lot of foreign companies try to copy American designs.

That's all I know. I guess they may be trying to get a patent or still designing it.

They said a lot of foreign companies try to copy American designs.

If you look on Amazon it's so easy to see all of the blatant rip offs of the Fold & Go, as well as a couple of other notable designs. They sell for cheaper - some of them a *lot* cheaper - but I won't buy one of those, because I know that they are being produced (1) as a deliberate ripoff (so I'm not going to encourage that behavior), and (2) using lower quality parts, with a less-than-stringent QA process.

A quality device that is thoughtfully designed is going to cost money. People who only want to pay a lower price (as low as possible) often don't stop to think about the fact that they may have to replace their cheaper device more than once, while folks who purchased a well-built, thoughtfully designed unit can often use that for a long as they can buy replacement batteries.

I view my device - which currently retails for about the same amount as the Fold & Go - as a replacement for my legs. Honestly, I would have paid twice the price for it. It is what I use instead of a traditional wheelchair, in part because other health issues won't allow me to self-propel, and in part because I thought it looked cooler than a standard "granny scooter". The fact that I can (for the moment) still load & unload it myself is also important. That's the one thing holding me back from replacing it with a Fold & Go - I don't think can load that by myself :(

I just need to figure out how to help other park guests notice me a little better to avoid having them walk right in front of, or even into the side of my chair.
Oh man this is such a pet peeve of mine. If you read my posts, maybe half of them are my ticked off rantings on this.

Yep. It really is getting to be a problem. It's why my family builds "The Bubble" around me now, whenever we are on the move at WDW. Then, I'm only nervous about running over one of them LOL. Oddly enough, this really isn't a problem anywhere else we go, including the State Fair, Mayfest, Octoberfest, etc.

But, in all seriousness, I don't know what a good answer is for this issue. On our last trip, at EPCOT, it was particularly bad in World Showcase, probably because so many people were wearing "I'm drinking around the World!" t-shirts ;) Aside from The Bubble, and being hyper-vigilant (with a BIG smile and a LOUD "excuse me!") our family has yet to find anything that works reliably.

But, in all seriousness, I don't know what a good answer is for this issue.
A big help is to get something up at eye level. If I were more sadistic I would say tie a balloon to your chair, those things part the Disney Seas. But maybe a small rigid balloon on a rigid stick set to pedestrian face level. Put a bell inside it so it jingles slightly.

I've mentioned before the element of human psychology and pattern recognition that drives a lot of our movement choices. On a very deep deep level, many people do not see a sitting person as a ... person. Try having a conversation where the other person is standing and you are sitting... It's weird. Business communication gurus talk at length about developing power-poses to hold when conducting negotiations. this stuff goes right down to our lizard-brain.

If you look on Amazon it's so easy to see all of the blatant rip offs of the Fold & Go, as well as a couple of other notable designs. They sell for cheaper - some of them a *lot* cheaper - but I won't buy one of those, because I know that they are being produced (1) as a deliberate ripoff (so I'm not going to encourage that behavior), and (2) using lower quality parts, with a less-than-stringent QA process.

A quality device that is thoughtfully designed is going to cost money. People who only want to pay a lower price (as low as possible) often don't stop to think about the fact that they may have to replace their cheaper device more than once, while folks who purchased a well-built, thoughtfully designed unit can often use that for a long as they can buy replacement batteries.

I view my device - which currently retails for about the same amount as the Fold & Go - as a replacement for my legs. Honestly, I would have paid twice the price for it. It is what I use instead of a traditional wheelchair, in part because other health issues won't allow me to self-propel, and in part because I thought it looked cooler than a standard "granny scooter". The fact that I can (for the moment) still load & unload it myself is also important. That's the one thing holding me back from replacing it with a Fold & Go - I don't think can load that by myself :(

Yep. It really is getting to be a problem. It's why my family builds "The Bubble" around me now, whenever we are on the move at WDW. Then, I'm only nervous about running over one of them LOL. Oddly enough, this really isn't a problem anywhere else we go, including the State Fair, Mayfest, Octoberfest, etc.

But, in all seriousness, I don't know what a good answer is for this issue. On our last trip, at EPCOT, it was particularly bad in World Showcase, probably because so many people were wearing "I'm drinking around the World!" t-shirts ;) Aside from The Bubble, and being hyper-vigilant (with a BIG smile and a LOUD "excuse me!") our family has yet to find anything that works reliably.

Hi, mamabunny. I agree with you.

I travel by myself so I am always very cautious when rolling in a crowd and I try to match the crowds walking speed and I am constantly trying to keep an eye to my left, front, and right of me.

I don't know if I will use something that I just bought on Amazon, but I bought some bicycle LED lights that I can attach on my wheelchair for night use. They are small, use LED lighting, recharge with a micro USB and they have silicon straps to wrap around the metal parts of my wheelchair. It also has four light modes.

This might help some guests see me at night when moving through the crowds.

I am rethinking the flag idea if I can place it so that it is able to be attached so that it goes straight up and not at an angle that violates anyone else's space and doesn't flop around into anyone else's space around me.

Hi, mamabunny. I agree with you.

I travel by myself so I am always very cautious when rolling in a crowd and I try to match the crowds walking speed and I am constantly trying to keep an eye to my left, front, and right of me.

I don't know if I will use something that I just bought on Amazon, but I bought some bicycle LED lights that I can attach on my wheelchair for night use. They are small, use LED lighting, recharge with a micro USB and they have silicon straps to wrap around the metal parts of my wheelchair. It also has four light modes.

This might help some guests see me at night when moving through the crowds.

I am rethinking the flag idea if I can place it so that it is able to be attached so that it goes straight up and not at an angle that violates anyone else's space and doesn't flop around into anyone else's space around me.

I think I know which lights you are talking about - I had some of the non-rechargeable ones; they were super bright and used 2 button cells. The primary problem I had with them was that I didn't like the light pattern that they projected. I went back to a more "standard" bike light setup - both (headlight and taillight) still LED, and still mounted low - and they throw light *much* better. Those use more readily available AAA batteries, and Amazon Basics sells rechargeable AAA batteries that work quite well.

I worry that any flag you might use that would not block someone's vision might be too tall for the bus doorway! I also don't know if Security would allow that through bag check at the Parks... I have seen lots of folks with balloons tied to their devices, and I did try it once, but it just got to be *annoying* to me after while, so we removed it, and gave it to a very happy little girl :)

I have thought some about using an EL wire kit, instead of the LED strip light I currently have under the trailing arms on Angus; the great thing about EL wire is that you can actually outline stuff with it, kind of like neon. There are issues with that as well; however as it has become more and more consumer-friendly, probably the biggest issue now is just hiding the wiring and battery pack. I also like my LEDs better because they can softy cycle through all 16 possible colors, and at the moment, I believe that most all EL wire is single color, there's no "rainbow" option or color cycling option.

But still - get the right shade of blue, and outline your Fold & Go, and you could light that thing up at night like a TRON Lightcycle, and be the coolest kid in the Parks :)

I think I know which lights you are talking about - I had some of the non-rechargeable ones; they were super bright and used 2 button cells. The primary problem I had with them was that I didn't like the light pattern that they projected. I went back to a more "standard" bike light setup - both (headlight and taillight) still LED, and still mounted low - and they throw light *much* better. Those use more readily available AAA batteries, and Amazon Basics sells rechargeable AAA batteries that work quite well.

I worry that any flag you might use that would not block someone's vision might be too tall for the bus doorway! I also don't know if Security would allow that through bag check at the Parks... I have seen lots of folks with balloons tied to their devices, and I did try it once, but it just got to be *annoying* to me after while, so we removed it, and gave it to a very happy little girl :)

I have thought some about using an EL wire kit, instead of the LED strip light I currently have under the trailing arms on Angus; the great thing about EL wire is that you can actually outline stuff with it, kind of like neon. There are issues with that as well; however as it has become more and more consumer-friendly, probably the biggest issue now is just hiding the wiring and battery pack. I also like my LEDs better because they can softy cycle through all 16 possible colors, and at the moment, I believe that most all EL wire is single color, there's no "rainbow" option or color cycling option.

But still - get the right shade of blue, and outline your Fold & Go, and you could light that thing up at night like a TRON Lightcycle, and be the coolest kid in the Parks :)

Do recall a URL link to where you bought your lights?

This is the ones that I have.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07D9H9J3T/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

61AAVH3xMIL._SL1400_.jpg

Do recall a URL link to where you bought your lights?

This is the ones that I have.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07D9H9J3T/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

61AAVH3xMIL._SL1400_.jpg

I do indeed! :)

These StupidBright LED lights were what I used:

They are pretty small - about the diameter of a quarter, and about 3/4 inch high or so? I liked that I could strap them on and off easily, directly to the frame.

I had two sets - 2 white ones pointing forward for "headlights" and 2 red ones mounted on the seat hoop for "taillights". The taillights were plenty bright (and I kept them as low as possible for the little stroller nuggets) but I wanted the headlights to throw more light. So...

I went to this set: BV5 Bike Lights Which are also LED, but use AAA batteries, which are easier to find - and I can use the rechargeable Amazon Basics AAA batteries with these, which I like.

I like the red taillights of the little Stupidbright lights better than the big red light of the BV set, so I am going to probably do a mixed set - the BV white light for headlight on the front, and the Stupidbright LEDs on the back for taillights.

LOL I'm not high maintenance *at all* LOL

Additionally, for a time, (before I put the USB LED light strip underneath the trailing arms) I had 2 sets of these BV Pollywogs strapped to the trailing arms, pointing down at the ground, like "puddle lights" on a car, with the red ones at the back, and the white ones at the front. Because they are just bare LED light bulbs, I didn't want them shining out directly - it was too harsh. But they did a good job of lighting up the ground!

LOL I didn't realize until now just how many lighting solutions I have tried out! :upsidedow

I was surprised that the CEO and her employees all used wheelchairs and help design this wheelchair from their experiences using a wheelchair.

Not only that, they also take feedback from their customers. I mentioned to them how I much prefer a push button seat belt over the clamp style they got now and how it’s easier for some people to use the push button style belt that they’re going to replace their seat belt inventory with the push buttons.

What a fabulous thread! Thank you for sharing such detailed information. If you don't mind I have another question or 2 - my daughter who is 9 needs a power chair or be pushed in a stroller/manual chair. We can not afford a large vehicle and lift and this seems ideal. I realize she'd be small in the chair but I see a caregiver joystick is available to I would be able to control and steer for her. If the battery dies can this just be pushed like a manual chair or no? Thank you!

What a fabulous thread! Thank you for sharing such detailed information. If you don't mind I have another question or 2 - my daughter who is 9 needs a power chair or be pushed in a stroller/manual chair. We can not afford a large vehicle and lift and this seems ideal. I realize she'd be small in the chair but I see a caregiver joystick is available to I would be able to control and steer for her. If the battery dies can this just be pushed like a manual chair or no? Thank you!

Yes, it can. Just flip the two red switches near the rear wheels for manual mode.

If she can sit upright unassisted, when she is ready, there is a company that makes very lightweight personal mobility devices (I have two of them) called Travelscoot. They do make a smaller model for humans who are under 5' tall, (called the "junior") and they have a program where the scooter will "grow" with your child. Total weight with battery (without a human) is 35 pounds or less. It folds down to fit into a bag about the size of a golf bag, or you can just take the seat + seat hoop off, and stick in the trunk of any car. I put mine in the back of my Kia Soul, and don't even fold it up - I just fold down the back seats.

They do have a couple of accessories I would add: the foot plates, and the Crampbuster. I have refitted mine with a standard boat seat, and find it to be even more comfortable for all day use. They make a lot of clever accessories, but FYI: you can't use any of the trailers, or tow-behind extra seating at WDW.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter