My Name Is NOT Broccoli!

As for the title, we didn't really have anything that stood out to us about the trip as far as a title, but while Trent and Tanya were with us, Tanya's four year old niece was with them. She kept calling Brooklynn 'Broccoli', and Brooklynn corrected her about a hundred times. She was very put out about it one time, and just said it with a lot of drama, and Jill and I both laughed. (I remember the days when I could laugh without pain. :goodvibes) Anyway, Jill said at that time that we needed to remember that for the report, so we just made it the title. Maybe you can picture Brooklynn saying it when you read it.

That's hilarious! I really can picture Miss Brooklynn saying that! I'm about to have 2 weeks off myself and I cannot wait :banana:

Raise your hand if you are freezing!
I know I am. This will be our fourth night of teens, I think, and we live in the SOUTH! How do you northerners make it?!?!? Seriously! I do not do well in any numbers under 40. In this cold, my bones feel like ice cold metal poles inside my body, and I can feel every single one of them. I was not made for cold. Nope. :sad2:

Personally, I think I freeze into an icicle around November and thaw out in March. :rolleyes1 The real answer is layers, lots of layers. Which I have to wear in my house because my husband likes it cold and it's just easier to put on another layer than hear him complain about how hot he is. :rotfl: (In all honesty, I don't see the point in warming up the house for just me, seems like a waste of energy.

That fall sounds like it was nasty. Go to the doctor! Please. :upsidedow

Sometimes I don't know how we northerners do it, either! :rotfl: I don't always like it, but it's what I've lived with all my life so I think it would be strange for me to live somewhere that doesn't have cold months.

I can't even imagine the pain you are in! I hope it gets better soon!

Oh no, you poor thing. I know how you feel! Hope you feel better soon. The other day at work, we had a fire drill and there were holes in the sidewalk. I stepped in a hole and sprained my ankle. Doesn't help that I'm on the cart this week because of testing and the weird schedule.
Please pray for my grandmother. She's 101. My mom, who takes care of her, noticed something has been up with her since summer. She went to many different doctors and never got a diagnosis until yesterday. Turns out she has cancer and will be starting harsh treatment next week.

Memom, sorry to hear about your fall! It sounds really painful....maybe you should go to the Dr. and get checked out...just to be on the safe side. :)

Sometimes I don't know how we northerners do it, either! :rotfl: I don't always like it, but it's what I've lived with all my life so I think it would be strange for me to live somewhere that doesn't have cold months.

Meg, us northerners are the crazy people who can go on Splash Mountain at night in February ;) If only it hadn't been closed this year :sad2:

I hope you feel better MeMom! :hug: When does your break start? I'm in school right up until Christmas Eve. My last day is the 23rd :sad2: I'm looking forward to college. 30 day break :banana:

MeMom I am very sorry that you fell. OUCH. Hope you feel better soon. I thought the brocoli reference had something to do with Brooklyn.

Thoughts are with you and your ribs as you finish up your week at school. I love the title of your Oct. trip report and the reason.

I am definitely raising my hand about the cold! I can't stand it and can feel the metal poles in my body, too! :laughing: Is it too early to start dreaming of summer?

That accident you had on the stairs does not sound very good, MeMom! I think you should go to the doctor and just make sure everything is okay. :hug:

I'm really going to try to keep up with this one! :goodvibes

Yay! Here for the start of this one, looking forward to it

Joining in. I followed your pre- trip report but I joined in so late I don't think I ever commented. This time I'm here from the beginning.

I am in on this one. I Was a lurker through the others. thought I'd join in this time.:goodvibes
Lisa

I'm in! Joining from the beginning this time!

You guys are all new or fairly new, so I just wanted to give you a hearfelt welcome.

9.gif

I hope you'll feel free to join in the fun and comment on anything you see or read about, because getting to know new DIS friends is what makes this place so much fun.

That's hilarious! I really can picture Miss Brooklynn saying that! I'm about to have 2 weeks off myself and I cannot wait :banana:

Oh, yes, she's a little bit of drama sometimes, but so funny, too.

Two weeks is awesome, isn't it? I keep hoping Jill will be able to work in the school system when the girls are older, and she can reap the reward of the longer vacations.
(And longer Disney trips. :rolleyes1)

Personally, I think I freeze into an icicle around November and thaw out in March. :rolleyes1 The real answer is layers, lots of layers. Which I have to wear in my house because my husband likes it cold and it's just easier to put on another layer than hear him complain about how hot he is. (In all honesty, I don't see the point in warming up the house for just me, seems like a waste of energy.

That fall sounds like it was nasty. Go to the doctor! Please. :upsidedow

Me, too! That's why I LOVE those spring break trips! I get to feel the warmth again! :cool1:

I keep the thermostat at 65 and wear warm clothes, but sometimes I just have to turn it up. My attempt is to keep those pennies for Disney trips instead of giving them to the electric company. Sometimes, I feel a little Scroogish, though, and I cut it up a few degrees. I always turn it up when anyone else is here, too. I don't want them to be miserable. :goodvibes

I can't even imagine the pain you are in! I hope it gets better soon!

I'm thinking southern GA has the best deal. They only have a little cold for a little while.

Try rolling your hair with one arm/hand. If I dare to put the left arm up, it punishes me by running a dagger through my side. :laughing:

Oh no, you poor thing. I know how you feel! Hope you feel better soon. The other day at work, we had a fire drill and there were holes in the sidewalk. I stepped in a hole and sprained my ankle. Doesn't help that I'm on the cart this week because of testing and the weird schedule.
Please pray for my grandmother. She's 101. My mom, who takes care of her, noticed something has been up with her since summer. She went to many different doctors and never got a diagnosis until yesterday. Turns out she has cancer and will be starting harsh treatment next week.

Prayers for your grandmother. Just think of the changes she has seen in her lifetime! I am so sorry she has to have harsh treatments. I will pray for comfort for her.

Sorry about your ankle, too. Things like this just remind us to grateful for all those days when nothing on us is hurting. :thumbsup2

Memom, sorry to hear about your fall! It sounds really painful....maybe you should go to the Dr. and get checked out...just to be on the safe side.

I'll give it a few days and see if it gets worse. The bruises are getting lighter, so the side is the only issue. I am sure glad that I don't have a job that depends on lifting things all day, or I'd be in a heap o' trouble! :eek:

Meg, us northerners are the crazy people who can go on Splash Mountain at night in February ;) If only it hadn't been closed this year

I hope you feel better MeMom! When does your break start? I'm in school right up until Christmas Eve. My last day is the 23rd I'm looking forward to college. 30 day break

We've been as close as the 22nd before, but I don't think we've ever been up to the 23rd. That's no good!

Our kids get out at noon on Thursday, but teachers have to work through Friday.

MeMom I am very sorry that you fell. OUCH. Hope you feel better soon. I thought the brocoli reference had something to do with Brooklyn.

The girls were cute together, but apparently Janessa (Tanya's niece) had never heard the name Brooklynn. She knew her vegetables, though! :laughing:

Thoughts are with you and your ribs as you finish up your week at school. I love the title of your Oct. trip report and the reason.

So glad you are back. We'll have fun with this one until it's time for our February trip! :dance3:

It sounds so weird to say February instead of March.

I am definitely raising my hand about the cold! I can't stand it and can feel the metal poles in my body, too! Is it too early to start dreaming of summer?

That accident you had on the stairs does not sound very good, MeMom! I think you should go to the doctor and just make sure everything is okay.

Don't you think southern Georgia might have the best climate situation? You get a little of each season, but not so much cold to kill you! :thumbsup2

And they are so close to Disney World. :cheer2:

I'll give myself a few days. If it gets worse, I'll give in, but I am hoping it'll feel better in a few more days. All they would do is say wrap it up for protection and take pain medicine, anyway, I think.

Good morning all! The pictures are loading for the end of the summer report. Sorry I have been so MIA lately. Life is crazy around the holidays as I'm sure you all know. Work, Meetings, Traveling, Brooklynn's 1st ballet recital is quickly approaching which is requiring extra practices for her plus her weekly gymnastics, Christmas parties, It has just been super crazy around here.

I will try to do better as we continue the summer report and then to the October report. It will help us remember warmer times as we count down through January and February to our next trip!

I know that you will be shocked MeMom, but I agree with you. It does sound like you have bruised or cracked a rib and pain control is the only thing you can do. However, if you start getting worse, have trouble breathing, etc. YOU NEED TO GO TO THE DOCTOR. Just my two cents. Watch it closely.
I am on my last day of work. Tomorrow, I am seeing a few patients and then leaving for the airport!! My boys are so excited to be staying at the hotel that the monorail goes through. Mommy is too!!;)

Signing on for another funfilled report. I don't chime in often,but I do love following along. I'm with you on the cold weather. I still have snow that hasn't melted from last weekend. North Carolina isn't supposed to be this cold!:cold:

Signing on for another funfilled report. I don't chime in often,but I do love following along. I'm with you on the cold weather. I still have snow that hasn't melted from last weekend. North Carolina isn't supposed to be this cold!:cold:

Ya'll got that much snow???!! :eek: Or are you up in the mountains?

MeMom: Please take care of yourself!

MeMom! Hope you start feeling relief soon. You and I would be a sight if we both got the giggles now. You and your ribs and me and my sore incisions. Laughing through the pain... I got tickled at Ty last night and it hurt to laugh. Needless to say my bunch thought it was very funny to see me hold my stomach and laugh and grimace in pain at the same time.lol
Really though hope you feel better soon and can't wait to hear more about your trip.(trips)

Oh yeah... I'm still on the fence about a spring trip. Denny says for me to go. He'll give me the trip for my Christmas present. But, I feel with all these extra(doctor, hospital) bills the responsible thing to do may be to wait. Plus I can't get my cousin to give me a for sure so it would be a solo trip. I'm never solo at home so I don't know how I would handle 3 or 4 days alone. lol We'll see. I think a very low airfare would be what pushes me one way or the other.

Oh MeMom I hope that rib gets better soon. Please take it easy so it can heal. It's a good thing you'll be getting out of school after next week.

Oh MeMom I hope you feel better soon:hug: My sister took a spill in the street last night. She's ok her knee is just all banged up. It's been freezing here (30 degrees) and I think it's been making the city sidewalks extra slick. I can't stand cold weather, the hotter the better for me. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter