My GIFS won't work

Steppesister

DIS Veteran
Hey All,

I"ve been trying for weeks to post gifs. None of them work. I right click copy on giphy and youtube ones, and paste them into my TR, but they aren't animated. What am I doing wrong?

schumigirl

It's a bit of a roodie doodie word for lady parts
I thought it was just me.

Mine were animated previously, but now when I post them they stay still.......

Anyone have an answer for this?

schumigirl

Hey All,

I"ve been trying for weeks to post gifs. None of them work. I right click copy on giphy and youtube ones, and paste them into my TR, but they aren't animated. What am I doing wrong?
I just realised when I click on them and post they change from a gif, to having a code PNG in the link???? My son said it`s changing to a Ping.....which I have no clue what that is.....apparently a still picture instead of animated.

Have no clue why it`s suddenly doing this...….

Hope someone from the Technical board can help.

• PrincessShmoo

DIS veteran
    My son said it`s changing to a Ping.....which I have no clue what that is.....apparently a still picture instead of animated.
    I don't understand all the tech-y stuff, either. But, a PNG, (vs a JPEG) usually means that the background is transparent on an image. But, yes, it's a still picture.

I'm not sure how to post a GIF. Perhaps the "upgrade" to the "new" server (a while back) eliminated that possibility.

Last edited:

PrincessShmoo

DIS veteran
    OK, so I did a test. I just went and found a random GIF, and copied the URL address in the address bar. Then I posted that directly into a post, and look what happened:

Is that how you are posting your GIF?

schumigirl

Thank you PrincessShmoo.…..I can get one above to work, the way you described, but others send a link to Clipboard?? I have no idea what or where Clipboard is......

I always just copied and pasted the image directly on to the post in my trip reports, and the ones I posted previously are all still happily animated.

But, since I came back, they`re posting as png….I haven't altered anything on my laptop.

This is the second one I tried…..

Thank you so much for trying to help I appreciate it......

Last edited:

schumigirl

When I try to copy the URL direct from the top…it just takes me to a link to Google search for the subject with pictures.....for example Capt Jack Sparrow.

• Steppesister

DIS Veteran
    OK, so I did a test. I just went and found a random GIF, and copied the URL address in the address bar. Then I posted that directly into a post, and look what happened:

Is that how you are posting your GIF?
    I think yes, that's what I was doing... I'll keep experimenting!! Thanks so much! Appreciate all the replies and tips!

FlightlessDuck

Y kant Donald fly?
    I've noticed the same thing. Copying a gif from a google image search and then pasting it ends up pasting as a PNG most of the time. I don't understand why.

schumigirl

I've noticed the same thing. Copying a gif from a google image search and then pasting it ends up pasting as a PNG most of the time. I don't understand why.
    It`s weird isn't it!

I just looked at this earlier on my ipad and I can see the second gif above I posted and it`s moving, I thought yahoo, it`s working again.....….but, on my laptop I see an X and an empty space.

I`m sticking to motionless meme`s for now!

Steppesister

DIS Veteran
    It`s weird isn't it!

I just looked at this earlier on my ipad and I can see the second gif above I posted and it`s moving, I thought yahoo, it`s working again.....….but, on my laptop I see an X and an empty space.

I`m sticking to motionless meme`s for now!
    I use them so infrequently that I am also just fine with still ones. Whatever. LOL!

• Connect

Disney News and Updates

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR DAILY EMAIL
    Subscribe and never miss out on Disney News, Deals and Updates.