My flight number vanished -- am I stranded in WDW?

Belle0101

Nothing to see here.
And that would be bad? :teeth:

Seriously, I booked my flight on Feb 4 for April 5 with a return of Arpil 11 and Disney addict that I am I decided to look at flight schedules and ... well, I just wanted to look at it, nothing better to do today but dream about WDW.

The flight down is still on the site but the return flight has vanished :eek: Does this mean it's been cancelled, sold out or just what? Do I call the airlines and say "What happened to my plane?'

I haven't flown in over 10 years so this is all new to me. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. :Pinkbounc

Never mind -- I found my return flight :(

It must be sold out because now it is under a "secure area". I guess it was wishful thinking that I'd be stranded in WDW. It's an early flight home so I'm really hoping I get bumped or something. It must be full since it's not listed on the reservation page now. Does getting bumped happen often?

They usually oversell flights because some people don't show up. If they have more people check-in than they have seats, they first ask for "volunteers" to be bumped. They will usually compensate you with a free round trip ticket and if it's a long wait until the next flight, a meal ticket or a hotel room if it's overnight. This happened on my 5:00pm return flight 2 weeks ago. The next flight they had open was 8:00am the next morning, so they offered a meal ticket and a hotel room, plus the free ticket. I did see some people go up to the desk. If they don't have enough volunteers, then they start with the people who don't have seat assignments. I'm not sure what the specific order is but they will also be placed on the next available flight and get a free ticket. One problem - it can be hard to use that free ticket, it is limited like frequent flyer seats.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter