My first trip to WDW and DH's first time being arrested (Dec 2009)

ohh mannnn.....I seriously just got so depressed.

All throughout you have depicted a feeling of happiness, and really brought us into your trip. I can, unfortunately, say the same for the sadness of the last day. :sad1: I don't think it really hits me until I hop on the M/E bus and get on the expressway---I guess I stay in denial until then. Then I start crying on DH's shoulder because I have to leave 'my happy place'.

I know this absolutely doesn't help now, but you could have probably still paid to add the park-hopper onto your tickets. Still like $50 bucks each, BUT a cheaper option than buying a 1 day ticket. (I know that'd just make you regret not getting it sooner, though)

All throughout you have depicted a feeling of happiness, and really brought us into your trip. I can, unfortunately, say the same for the sadness of the last day. :sad1: I don't think it really hits me until I hop on the M/E bus and get on the expressway---I guess I stay in denial until then. Then I start crying on DH's shoulder because I have to leave 'my happy place'.
This reminds me of my (then) 8 yo DD. The day before the end of their 'surprise' trip, she cried and cried and begged me "Mommy, please don't bring me to Disney again. It hurts too much to leave." She has been a dozen times then, (I didn't follow her request), and manages quite well, now. :goodvibes

As we were getting ready for Whispering Canyon Café we discussed trying to change the reservation from 2 people to 4 people like Jenny and Grant had done for us at Planet Hollywood. We had no idea where they were eating that night though and aside from not wanting to put them on the spot and ask them to cancel their reservation to eat with us, we decided that we wanted our last dinner in Disney world to be just us. We did say that we would call them later and see if maybe they wanted to hang out for a bit or at least get together for a few minutes so we could say goodbye.

The only way I knew how to get to Whispering Canyon was to take a bus to Magic Kingdom and then the boat to Wilderness Lodge. That’s what our agent had told us to do since we originally were already going to be in the Magic Kingdom that day.
The worst part about taking the bus was getting off the bus at Magic Kingdom and knowing we couldn’t go into the park. I was so close to the castle but couldn’t see it.

Rig told me that he didn’t want to be spending dinner with misery. I needed to cheer up and make the most of our last night. I didn’t want our last night to go down like that either, so I told myself that I was going to have the best time and forced a smile on my face.

The boat ride to Wilderness Lodge was nice. But I hadn’t really given us enough time to get from point A to point B. We had minutes to get to our reservation once the boat docked and I had no idea where the restaurant was even at.

Rig asked a family that was coming down the dock and they said follow the marked path inside and we couldn’t miss it.

We didn’t know if the path we were on was the “marked” path, but we did follow it inside. It wasn’t hard to find at all. I wished we had more time to explore the lodge before checking in, but the idea of exploring the grounds after dinner made me happy.

We checked in and was told it would be a few minutes before they would be ready for us and they gave us a buzzer. As we were walking over to some rocking chairs to sit and enjoy the big fire place our buzzer went off so we just u-turned and went back to the podium.

We were taken to our table, a small table for two against the wall. She took our drink order and then left. Another waitress came over later with our drinks and tossed 2 straws at us. She asked us if we were ready to order and the truth was we hadn’t looked at the menu yet. We were too busy looking around at things. So we asked for another minute to look things over.

Rig thought the waitress was having a bad day, she was kind of rude just throwing our straws on the table.

She walked past us again and without even looking at us dumped a handful of napkins on the table. I raised my eyebrows at Rig, I mean this was not how a waitress was supposed to act, even if she was having a bad day.

“Let’s just kill her with kindness Babylee, maybe she needs a smiling face right now.”

I was thinking I felt pretty cruddy suffering the last day blues and where as I was trying to pull myself out of that feeling, I really didn’t need a nasty waitress. But I also tried to put myself in her shoes. Maybe spending my last night at Disney helping somebody else feel better about life would automatically help me. So I agreed with Rig, Kill her with kindness.

When she came back over to take our order Rig and I were all smiles, and so was the waitress. She took our order and asked Rig how he wanted his steak prepared.

“Well done, and could I get fries with that instead of mash potatoes?”

The waitress smiled at Rig sweetly and then put her hands on her hips, “This aint Burger King Honey.”

“I’m well aware of that ma’am, but can I substitute fries anyway?”

She smiled almost wickedly at him, “You’re gonna want ketchup with those fries.” she said and walked away.

It struck us funny that she didn’t say it as a question but she stated it, “You’re gonna want Ketchup with those fries.”

There wasn’t any ketchup on the table and I thought “Wow, how lazy can a waitress be, not wanting to substitute fries because she’ll have to bring out ketchup with it.”

“Rig, I’m not liking this place, I’m not having any fun.”

I spoke a little early on that because right then it was announced that we were to stand and do the hokey pokey.

I wasn’t in a hokey pokey mood, but Rig made me stand up and do the danged thing. After a few minutes I got into it, why not? Why not end my vacation dancing the hokey pokey while a rude waitress eyes up my husband.

Yes, she was eyeing my man, watching him closely while he hokeyed his heart out. He was laughing and I’m sure it was because he couldn’t believe that he was doing the hokey pokey for his dinner.

We sat down and just kept laughing at the situation, it seemed unreal. Our travel agent said we would like this place, I thought she meant because of the whole wilderness theme, but it was actually kind of fun.

A couple waitresses gathered in the front of the restaurant and our waitress kept looking over at our table, she was kind of the ring leader I think, she was the one that had the microphone.

Then a barrel was brought over and the kids were told to come up and get a pony for the stick pony race. Then she did it, the waitress revealed why she had been eyeing Rig. “You too cowboy, there’s a horse up here for you.”

Rig shook his head no. The waitress came over and said “All the cowboys in here ride horses.”

“I ride real horses.” Rig said

“Are you saying our horses are fake?” she asked trying to look hurt

“They just seem a little…well..stiff.”
“Rig, I said, Remember when I hoola hooped for you in front of an entire crowd?”

Rig didn’t say a word, he got up and went to the front of the restaurant and took a stick pony out of the barrel. I clapped and cheered him on, a few other people at other tables and the waitresses did too.

He wasn’t the only adult up there, but he was the only adult up there without a child. He didn’t smile or say anything, he just stood there holding the stick pony. The waitress asked him his ponies name.

“Splinter.” Rig said dryly and that got a few laughs from the crowd.

Music started to play and everybody clapped along while the kids and their parents galloped off around the restaurant. Rig did not gallop, he just sort of walked behind everybody carrying the stick pony, he shot me a “I hope you’re happy” look as he walked by the table.

I WAS happy, that made my whole night.

Rig could not get rid of the stick pony and sit back down at our table fast enough. I thanked him for being such a good sport about it and he said he would have been a better sport if he could have had a few beers in him first.

I could only picture how different that would have been, his stick pony probably would have bucked him off.

Our food was brought out. I had ordered the pot roast and mash potatoes and gravy. It looked and smelled amazing. I couldn’t wait to bite into it.

Rigs steak was thick and covered almost the whole plate.

“Do you need ketchup?” the waitress asked, she was staring so intently at Rig when she asked that, I thought he might even say no, but he nodded at her.

“If it’s not too much trouble I would like some, thank you.”

The waitress cupped her hands around her mouth and shouted, “Ketchup, this cowboy wants Ketchup.”

The table next to us gave us their ketchup, Rig thanked them but then another kid brought a bottle over to us, Rig took it and thanked him, but more people kept bringing bottles of Ketchup, Rig was telling each person that put a bottle on our table that we had ketchup already, he kept thanking them and trying to give it back, one lady gave us 3 bottles of ketchup. We ended up with seven bottles of ketchup in all. Rig and I sat and starred at each other, stunned at what just happened. Then we started laughing and the night took on a whole new feeling. I was happy to be at Disney, even though it was our last night there my boohoo attitude left and I just enjoyed that restaurant for everything it was. I got it then. The waitress, the straws, the napkins, the ketchup, it was all part of the big adventure. We did the hokey pokey 2 more times before we finished our dinner and ordered dessert. Which was chocolate cake.
Omagosh I didn’t think chocolate cake could taste so good. I love chocolate cake but wow, that cake was blue ribbon worthy. I couldn’t finish it all, I tried my darndest to eat it all, but I had finished everything on my dinner plate (with some help from Rig) and that didn’t leave much room for my dessert.

One of the best parts of the night, aside from Rig and the stick pony was when another table asked for ketchup and Rig and I brought them all seven bottles.

We must have sang Happy Birthday a dozen different times that night and they ran another pony race minus Rig. It turned out to be the perfect place to spend your last night.

We settled up the tip and then headed out to walk around the resort. It really is such a gorgeous place and I would love to stay there sometime.

The pool is really cool. I loved all the rocks around the area and the trees. It kind of reminded me of Inn of the Mountain Gods. Just some parts of it. It got Rig and I to reminiscing about when we were dating in Texas and how far we had come since then. It’s funny cause now we reminisce about Disney and how far we’ve come since then.

It was getting sort of late and we still wanted to meet up with Jenny and Grant. So as much as we wanted to keep exploring we knew we needed to head back to the dock and catch the boat so we could catch the bus.

There were a few other couples and a couple families waiting at the dock, they said the last boat just left so we had some time before the next one came.

I was cold, there was a little breeze blowing off the water. I shivered and leaned against Rig for some warmth.

“Do you want my jacket?” Rig asked

“No, just hold me and keep me warm.” I said putting my arms around Rigs waist. He closed me up in his jacket. I let out a little sigh. Then Rig started buttoning his jacket up with me inside, it pressed my face tight against his chest.

“Rig let me go.”

Rig ignored me. “This is like that game of trust where you blind fold somebody and they have to trust that you are not going to walk them into a tree…” Rig took a few steps and I had no choice but to move with him. “Or a lake.”

“Don’t you dare walk me into the lake.”

“I won’t do that to you.” Rig laughed, “We look funny, we’re a four legged person, what are they called?”

“A spider.” I guessed

“No babylee, a spider is called a spider, and they have 8 legs, what’s a four legged person called?”

“An anomaly?”

“That is a big word Lee, I don’t think I’ve ever heard such a big word come from you before.”

“Can you please let me out of your jacket? I can’t breath in here.”

“What’s the magic word?” he teased

“I bite.”

Rig undid his jacket pretty quick but still kept his arms around me. It was nice standing on the dock just holding each other. I didn’t want to let that moment go, I wished I could keep it forever.

The boat pulled up and maneuvered around and once it docked and let the other passengers off, we were able to board. We sat all the way in the back. It really was too chilly to be riding in an open boat like that. But cuddling up to Rig made it more bearable.

“This is romantic.” I smiled

“A nice way to end any vacation.” Rig added

He took his hat off and covered our faces so we could have a few minutes of privacy.

“I’m good.” I said when the moment passed and Rig put his hat back on.

“Brag much?” Rig said looking at me with that crooked smile.

“I mean life is good, I’m happy, no complaints, no regrets.”

Rig squeezed my shoulder, “I know what you meant.”

We'll keep waiting patiently (not!). :surfweb:

We've all enjoyed this ride so much, we don't want it to end, but at the same time we're all Jonesing for an update. Take your time - just not TOO long!;)

Less than two months now until we're there - can hardly wait!!!:banana:
Sadly, yes the en dof this report is very near. but hey you get to go on a trip real soon and live out a great adventure in person. I hope you enjoy your time at Disney world

I thought for sure I missed the ending.

I understand busy, hope you get a chance to come back and finish. I am so sorry I missed the posts with the pictures, kicking myself for that.

I couldn't help but think how nice it would be to hear Rig's side of the story, like smidgy and nebo do on their TR's. He seems so funny, like never a dull moment.

Thanks for sharing and hope you get to finish it.

I said from the very beginning I would finish this, I didn't think it would take so long, but I am keeping true to my word.

I would love for Rig to post his side, I doubt that will ever happen, but gosh it sure would be nice to know what he was thinking while I was crying my eyes out when I saw the castle.
Never a dull moment with Rig? there I plenty of those, I just don't post about them.:lmao:

Thanks for the update! :goodvibes If Whispering Canyon didn't help put a smile back on your face, I don't know what would! Hope so?
Not only did it put a smile on my face, but it put laughter back into the trip.

It is so hard to be at the end of a Disney trip.
On my first day, right after I check into my resort, I always notice the people who are leaving. You know, those people who are wheeling all of their luggage towards the lobby with sad expressions while they try to soak up the very last moments of the resort. I don't want them to be unhappy, but, watching them makes me really take note that I am just starting all the fun and happiness. It makes me more thankful at the beginning. Then, when it is my turn to check out I am better able to handle my sadness. Because I can remember my happiness with such clarity. Although, I admit, I would love to live at the resorts for about a year or so. And, like many on the Dis, I certainly would live there for a while if I could afford to do so.
Thanks for the update Lee. :hug:

I didn't like the way I felt at checkout while watching others just getting started, I almost resented them, jealousy is an ugly thing I tell ya.

Sounds like it's time for some Pixie Dust!
pixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust:

It was a boohoo moment but it passed, I wished it had passed quicker than what it did though.

Thanks for the update.
sure.:)

Glad to see you're still around. :goodvibes
Yup, still around, I'm glad to see you are too. :goodvibes

I love WCC we tried it for the 1st time on our 2009 trip.
Our travel agent was right on the money with this one. I loved it.

I know this absolutely doesn't help now, but you could have probably still paid to add the park-hopper onto your tickets. Still like $50 bucks each, BUT a cheaper option than buying a 1 day ticket. (I know that'd just make you regret not getting it sooner, though)
Sorry, I didn't mean to depress you.

I think even if we had that bit of information about adding on the park hopper we probably wouldn't have done it but hopefully a CM would have talked us out of a one day park ticket and redirected us to a park hopper if we actually were desperate enough to go that far. It's not easy being a Disney newbie.

This reminds me of my (then) 8 yo DD. The day before the end of their 'surprise' trip, she cried and cried and begged me "Mommy, please don't bring me to Disney again. It hurts too much to leave." She has been a dozen times then, (I didn't follow her request), and manages quite well, now. :goodvibes
I am right there with your little one, not about not going to Disney but about it hurts too much to leave. It broke my heart. Your poor girl. I'm glad she has gotten to go back though.

He wasn’t the only adult up there, but he was the only adult up there without a child. He didn’t smile or say anything, he just stood there holding the stick pony. The waitress asked him his ponies name.

“Splinter.” Rig said dryly and that got a few laughs from the crowd.

:rotfl2: :rotfl: :lmao: :rotfl2:

Thanks for a great update, Lee! We all missed you :hug: So glad you're back. Even though it means we're almost at the end of the story.

-Bob

Thank you for another wonderful update. It reminded me when I took my DDs (12 & 8) to WCC and they had no idea what was coming. They loved the whole ketchup thing too. :goodvibes

I :love: Whispering Canyon Cafe!!! I crack up every time someone asks for Ketchup! It's the best part, in my opinion.

So sad to see the report coming to an end. I hope you got to see Cinderella Castle one more time. I have a few ideas where you could have gone to see it and the fireworks one last time without it costing any additional money. ;)

OMG -- RIGLEE you have spoiled me from ever reading a trip report again! I got sucked in by the title and stayed up all night (literally) to read everything. I don't known when I have had the full range of emotions just reading a trip report! Please follow the advice of some of the other posters and consider writing as more than a hobby, you truly have a gift. Thank you for a wonderful report and wishing many, many more Disney trips!

Leela, I have really enjoyed reading your trip report, I hate that it is coming to a close. Thank you so much for sharing your experiences with all of us! I hope that if you ever go back that you will write another report. Can't wait to read more!

Melissa

Yup. Still around. Waiting for you to finish your report. Getting sad it's coming to an end. :sad1:

So when can we expect you to publish a book? :laughing: If you do, will sign my copy? So when you're rich and famous, I have bragging rights that I knew you before you made it to the big time.

I was so worried you weren't going to finish and leave us hanging. I am so glad you are finishing even though the end is always sad. As always I love your latest update. We are planning on eating at WCC withe our kids in December. I hope we need some ketchup!

I was so worried you weren't going to finish and leave us hanging. I am so glad you are finishing even though the end is always sad. As always I love your latest update. We are planning on eating at WCC withe our kids in December. I hope we need some ketchup!

Ask for a glass of water and see what that gets you!!

~Nannette

You commented about "Song of the South" way back at the beginning and then said you couldn't find it. If you go to eBay, you can find VHS copies from Europe that will work in the US.

My brother went with me just before Christmas 2010 and he joked that he was going to try to get thrown into Disney Jail. He wondered who would be his lawyer. I suggested Donald Duck. My husband then chimed in, "Because it really is a Mickey Mouse court.":rolleyes:

OMG! I just found your Trip Report yesterday and have read it all already!!! You guys have many differeces and also many similarities to our family which makes it so much fun to read! :banana:

I hate when it's time to leave Disney! I cry every time (even though we only live 2 hours away)! :lmao:

I missed out on your pics :sad1: so I can't put faces to your name/Trip Report.

I feel like I know you really well. Something about your writing style makes you feel like a friend instead of a stranger who's TR i'm reading. :grouphug:

Can't wait to hear more on your last day, and wish you many future Disney trips to come! :wizard:

P.S. Sorry about my smiley obsession! :cutie::laughing::rolleyes1

...the waitress smiled at Rig sweetly and then put her hands on her hips...why not end my vacation dancing the hokey pokey while a rude waitress eyes up my husband....yes, she was eyeing my man, watching him closely while he hokeyed his heart out....

...coulda been worse - he could have done a lil' bit o' 'pokeying' too....:rolleyes1 [ ;) :teeth: ]

BTW ~ a cowboy gettin' arrested at least ONCE in his life - isn't that, like, some sorta LAW or something? I'm pretty sure it is, but don't quote me on that....popcorn::

Found your TR during a random search and fell in love with it! Sad I missed the pictures but I LOVE LOVE reading your stories. I hope you come back and finish it.

The last bus ride to Pop Century, I kept repeating that in my mind. I won’t be doing this again for who knows how long.

But I refused to let myself get all worked up and crying again. I would have the best last night at Disney that anybody has ever had. I won’t be down and I won’t bring Rig down.

I don’t think Rig was feeling the way I had been though. To him he had a great vacation, for me? well I had been introduced to a whole new life. Now that I had realized my childhood dreams and fantasies, once I was back home I would know what I was missing. For every negative or sad thought I would have I would try hard to replace it with a happy warm thought.

The question when we got back to the resort was how should we spend the last night there? Should we hang out by the flower pool and suck up the energy? That place always seems to be happening, should we get some cocoa and chill out at Everything Pop, should we just get our jammies and relax in the room, cuddle and watch T.V?

Rig left it up to me. I wanted to relax in the room.

I had just gotten my jammies on when Jenny called. Her and Grant wanted to come by the room and hang out for a bit, they said they wouldn’t stay long. Jenny said she couldn’t let us leave Disney without getting a goodbye hug from Rig and me. They were still at the park so they said it would be close to an hour before they got to our room, so That gave Rig the chance to go fill our mugs and I used the time to call Ally.

I told Ally all about Whispering Canyon Café and how much fun we had. She laughed so hard when I told her about Rig riding the stick pony that he had named splinter. The Ketchup thing got a huge laugh too. She said it would be fun to try and do something like that at the diner. I totally agreed with her, I did run that idea by Pop when I got home, but he just didn’t get it. “Why wouldn’t we just put the ketchup on the table to start, then we wouldn’t have to yell KETCHUP and people wouldn’t get stuck with 7 bottles at one time.” I tried explaining the fun and humor to him but her said it was a waste of time. “when people come to eat they want their ketchup waiting for them on the table.”

A few times after we got back and Rig would come into the diner during my shift I would bring him a few bottles of ketchup at once to be funny, it didn’t really have the same effect and I haven’t done that in forever now, maybe I should, just for a good laugh and happy Disney memory.

Rig came back with our mugs so I said goodnight to Ally and settled onto our bed to snuggle up to Rig. He surfed through the channels like a pro, looking for cartoons undoubtedly, I dosed off and was well on my way to a deep sleep, I’m talking lights out till morning when their was a knock at the door. Our beloved Disney friends.

It’s amazing how fast we became friends and how close I felt to them after such a short time. I would miss them dearly but I knew we would stay friends and keep in touch, you just don‘t let good friends like that go.

Jenny asked if I cried when I said goodbye to the castle and I told her we changed our plans and went to Animal Kingdom instead so I could ride Expedition Everest. Grant about chocked on his tongue.

“did you do it?” he asked full of excitement

“Yes, I did.” I said proudly

Jenny gave me a high five, “So what did you think of it?”
“It scared her half to death.” Rig said smiling and giving me a gentle shove

Grant laughed his booming laugh.

“It’s not funny, I told him, I’ve been scared half to death once now, what happens the next time I get scared half to death? They’ll be nothing left of my life then.

“Nah Babylee, if you were half scared once then the next time you get half scared you’ll still have a quarter of your life left cause that half will get divided and it will keep dividing. ”

I looked at Rig trying to understand his reasoning, I was just thinking of life as a whole and once half goes, you only have half left, but Rig had to go and be all math professor on me. “We’ll eventually it would run out of fractions right?” I asked

“Nope, it’s like pie, it goes on forever.”

Really death was the last thing I wanted to be talking about at Disney World so I changed the subject to our dinner we just had. Jenny said when she found out way early in our trip that we had reservations there she wanted to warn me but yet wanted to say nothing so Rig and I could be surprised and get the full effect of it. I’m glad she didn’t spoil it for us, it was way more fun not really knowing what was going to happen.
We eventually said out goodbyes, Jenny and I cried as we hugged. We had exchanged e-mail addresses and promised to keep in touch.

The guys shook hands and said they would meet up for beers again someday. They offered to drive us to the airport in the morning but I said I wanted to ride the bus, I needed to keep the Disney feeling alive for at least another 40 minutes or so.

We stood at the door a few more minutes, and then we said our final goodbye, for like the fourth time. Then just like that they were gone.

I brushed my teeth while Rig got ready for bed. Once we were completely settled we lay there in the dark. I didn’t feel like crying, I just felt sad, like yup, those were the days.

Rig started the night time conversation.

“What was your favorite thing about today?”

I couldn’t pick one thing, I had to think hard for an answer but couldn’t settle on one specific thing. “I want to say riding Expedition Everest, it wasn’t my favorite ride but still on my list of favorites because I did it.”

I was laying on Rigs chest and he was playing with my hair, I could feel him laughing even though he wasn’t making any noise. I ignored that and kept talking. “I also loved the restaurant and seeing you with that stick pony, but the look on your face when all that ketchup was brought to our table, that I guess would be my most favorite.”

“What was your favorite thing of the whole trip?” He asked

“I can’t even answer that, I had way too many favorites.”

We asked each other questions for a long time. Favorite park, favorite ride, favorite restaurant. We would keep changing our answers too, sometimes he would say something that would make me think and then I would have a new favorite or vice versa.

I suggested to Rig that we just stay up all night long, suck up as much of Disney as we can and then we can sleep on the plane ride back home. Rig said that would be fine. And once we said that we kind of ran out of things to say, sleepiness took over and we fell deep into it.

The alarm went off bright and early and I yelled, “I don’t wanna.” I was instantly awake.

“Don’t wanna what?” Rig asked, he was already up and dressed. I didn’t hear him or feel him get out of bed. I was a little upset that he was up and dressed before the alarm even went off. It made it seem like he was eager to leave.
He said he wasn’t eager to leave, he was eager for breakfast and wanted to get our bags checked so we could eat before hopping the bus back to the airport.

I didn’t want to hold him up from breakfast so I got up and quickly got ready. We were out the door in record time, I did go back in the room twice just to make sure we hadn’t left anything behind, the first time I found my brush on the bed, no biggie but still, the second time all was clear and I headed down to the ME bus place.

Rig did all the work of checking us in while I sat and mourned the passing of the best vacation I had ever been on.

We had 50 minutes to eat and be back at the bus stop. Rig went for the big breakfast while I nibbled on a muffin and grapes.

“This is sad.” I said

“Babylee, it’s time to go, we had fun but we can’t live here forever.”

“Why not?”

“Ya don’t want too much of a good thing, you lose your appreciation for it.”

“Thanks Rig, I’ll sew that on a pillow.”

Rig winked at me, “You’re not very nice when you’re pouting…you’re cute, but not nice!”

I flicked a grape at him and had he been sitting two inches to the right, I would have got him in between the eyes.

A bus was pulling up when we got back out to where we needed to be but it wasn’t our bus, it was a bus dropping off people who were just starting their vacation. I watched them all, happy and full of life, they had the magic ahead of them, they were going to see the castle, and ride the carousel. I wondered if one of those families that I was seeing would be the ones staying in the room we had just left. Was it there first time? What memories would they make? would the alligator (lizard) make another appearance in the tub?

“Lee, I don’t think I have ever seen you so quiet in all my life with you.”

“I’m just thinking.”

He put his arm around me. “We’ll come back again, I promise you that right now, I don’t know when it will be, but we will come back.”

Nothing seemed more important at that minute than returning to Disney. I started doing math in my head. If I were to do at least 2 double shifts a week that would give me x amount of dollars, if I put that in a savings then I could get us back here in x amount of…..years. Ok if I get a second job and it pays x amount and all of that goes into savings then….I would never see Rig.

I was deep in thought that I didn’t notice I was being watched by another couple. They were waiting for the bus to the airport too.

“The feeling passes.” the lady spoke up

“Excuse me?” I was shaken from my daze

“The feeling of leaving the happiest place on earth, knowing you have bills and work and all that waiting ahead for you, it will pass.”

“How long does it take?”

“It stays with me until I get my pictures back and I start scrap booking the trip, then I get to relive the memories.”

I didn’t know what else to say, I just smiled and nodded.

Our bus pulled up and we were the first ones to board. It’s so different taking that bus ride back. On the way the excitement is over flowing almost making you sick in your stomach.
On the way back it’s really quiet, almost feels like being at a funeral wake. I couldn’t watch the ‘Leaving Disney world” video either. Once we passed under the Disney world arches I buried my face in Rigs chest and stayed there until we got to the airport and we were there Rig wanted to go straight to our gate, I saw the Disney store and wanted to go look around one last time, but the line for security was pretty long and Rig said it was just a bunch of the same stuff that we had already seen, so we just went through security and headed to our gate.

We had lots of time to wait and do nothing. Rig went and bought me a magazine. I flipped through it but didn’t really take anything in. I ended up people watching.

“Hmmm, they were at Disney, I can tell by their shirts. They were at Disney, I can tell by their hats. They were at Disney I can tell by the shopping bag.”

I was ready then, ready to be done with vacation, I wanted to be home, I couldn’t wait to talk to Ally and share my adventure with her. I couldn’t wait to convince Shannon that she needed to bring her son to Disney World while he was still at that perfect age. And this would give me something to talk about at work, I usually sit and talk with my regulars when things are slow. I’ll be able to relive the memories a lot. Going home aint so bad.

The plane ride was uneventful, the layover was long, and the next plane ride was just as boring. And I actually felt excitement when our plane touched down.

Once we were off the plane and heading to baggage claim Rig called Charlie to see if he was at the airport yet, and he was. He said he was waiting at baggage claim for us. Rig had told him to just pull up outside 20 minutes after our flight was due to land, there was no reason to pay to park, but Charlie said he couldn’t he wasn’t allowed. That didn’t make sense to us until we got down to baggage claim and we saw Charlie…..and Ally. Ally had called Charlie and said she wanted to meet us at the airport when we got back. That meant they had to bring her car instead of his truck, but he said sure. She wanted to come inside and meet us.

When I saw her we both screamed and ran to hug each other. You’d think it had been years. It’s funny cause we were friends and sorta close before I left for Disney world, but it was while I was at Disney that we actually got closer, I think it was all the text messaging and the fact that she hung on my every Disney word.

After we finished our hug and squeal fest Ally looked at Rig, “What happened to your face Huckleberry?”

“I had a run in with a truck, what happened to yours?”

Ally smacked Rigs arm, then looked really concerned. “Really?” How do you get hit by a truck at Disney World?” what happened?”

“How come you didn’t tell us this earlier?” Charlie asked

Rig said we should stop for dinner on the way home and he would explain everything. So we got our bags, and I didn’t waste a minute fishing out Ally’s mouse ears, we both wore ours on the car ride home. I sat in the back seat with her and we talked and talked all the way to the restaurant, all the way through dinner, and then all the way home.

Once we were home the 10 days worth of vacation caught up with me, I was too tired to unpack, it was all I could do to get dressed for bed.

It was hard to believe that that morning I had woke up in Disney world and now I was going to sleep in my own bed.
Rig lay next to me.

“Ya alright Babylee?”

“I’m fine. Just think Rig, right now people are staring at the castle or riding Haunted Mansion. Disney World is going on without me.”

“Yea, but they’re missing a princess.”

That made me smile, then it made me laugh cause it sounded so corny…even for Rig.

“I guess I can’t pull that one off .”

I thanked Rig for the best vacation ever and for making all my wishes come true.

I saw the castle, I dined with the princess and I rode the carousel, and all with and because of the man I love.

If I never make it back I can say I am happy with the memories we made there. It was a great first time…

Minus Rigs unfortunate ride to the pokey.;)

:rotfl2: :rotfl: :lmao: :rotfl2:

Thanks for a great update, Lee! We all missed you :hug: So glad you're back. Even though it means we're almost at the end of the story.

-Bob
Thank you for reading GrandBob, I'm glad that you liked it.

Thank you for another wonderful update. It reminded me when I took my DDs (12 & 8) to WCC and they had no idea what was coming. They loved the whole ketchup thing too. :goodvibes
Omagosh that place was so much fun, I can only imagine being an innocent kid going into that place.

I :love: Whispering Canyon Cafe!!! I crack up every time someone asks for Ketchup! It's the best part, in my opinion.

So sad to see the report coming to an end. I hope you got to see Cinderella Castle one more time. I have a few ideas where you could have gone to see it and the fireworks one last time without it costing any additional money. ;)
No, I didn't get to see the castle, it was still a good last night once I got past the blues.

OMG -- RIGLEE you have spoiled me from ever reading a trip report again! I got sucked in by the title and stayed up all night (literally) to read everything. I don't known when I have had the full range of emotions just reading a trip report! Please follow the advice of some of the other posters and consider writing as more than a hobby, you truly have a gift. Thank you for a wonderful report and wishing many, many more Disney trips!

Thank you so much, wow you stayed up all night, I've done that with quite a few trip reports too, they can be addicting.
I appreciate you reading and for your positive feedback, it means alot to me.

Leela, I have really enjoyed reading your trip report, I hate that it is coming to a close. Thank you so much for sharing your experiences with all of us! I hope that if you ever go back that you will write another report. Can't wait to read more!

Melissa
Thank you so much for reading along and posting, I loved sharing this story with ya'll. If I ever go back I promise I will write another one. this was fun.

Yup. Still around. Waiting for you to finish your report. Getting sad it's coming to an end. :sad1:

So when can we expect you to publish a book? :laughing: If you do, will sign my copy? So when you're rich and famous, I have bragging rights that I knew you before you made it to the big time.
Aww Thumper_Man, you stuck it out even though this thing seemed to drag on forever.

As far as expecting a book to come out, your guess is as good as mine, I need to get some writing classes under my belt first. but yes if I ever publish a book I will sign a copy for you.

Say hello to Mrs ThumperMan for me.

I always said I would finish this, I never thought I would take so long to do it though:lmao:, I get the winter blues major and it makes me lazy, but spring is on it's way and I'm out of hybernation now.
Ask for a glass of water and see what that gets you!!

~Nannette
OOOooooo, what happens when you ask for a glass of water?
You commented about "Song of the South" way back at the beginning and then said you couldn't find it. If you go to eBay, you can find VHS copies from Europe that will work in the US.

My brother went with me just before Christmas 2010 and he joked that he was going to try to get thrown into Disney Jail. He wondered who would be his lawyer. I suggested Donald Duck. My husband then chimed in, "Because it really is a Mickey Mouse court.":rolleyes:
Thanks for the information on Song of the South, I will look into that, I would love to add that to my collection.

Your Dh sounds funny.;)

OMG! I just found your Trip Report yesterday and have read it all already!!! You guys have many differeces and also many similarities to our family which makes it so much fun to read! :banana:

I hate when it's time to leave Disney! I cry every time (even though we only live 2 hours away)!

I missed out on your pics :sad1: so I can't put faces to your name/Trip Report.

I feel like I know you really well. Something about your writing style makes you feel like a friend instead of a stranger who's TR i'm reading.

Can't wait to hear more on your last day, and wish you many future Disney trips to come!
Thank you so much for reading and for all the compliments.

I wish I lived 2 hours from Disney, but like you I would stillprobably cry every time I had to leave.

I'm glad you were able to push all of that ketchup off on someone else!:laughing:
Rig was just waiting for that chance.:lmao:

...coulda been worse - he could have done a lil' bit o' 'pokeying' too....:rolleyes1 [ ;) :teeth: ]
:scared1: Oh my

BTW ~ a cowboy gettin' arrested at least ONCE in his life - isn't that, like, some sorta LAW or something? I'm pretty sure it is, but don't quote me on that...

Maybe it is a law, who knows? But it would have been nice to be the exception.

:rotfl::rotfl2

Best line ever!!! :worship:
Still works too.

Found your TR during a random search and fell in love with it! Sad I missed the pictures but I LOVE LOVE reading your stories. I hope you come back and finish it.
Thank you for reading and I'm sorry it took me so long to come back and fisnish up. I do feel bad for keeping people waiting. But it's all dine now. I wish there was a smiley wiping his hands clean

thanks everyone who read and posted. Your kind and couraging words meant the world to me.

Everyone take care, I'll be around.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter