my first post

We did our passport pictures today:)
one more step towards our trip. it feels so real right now.

disney in october here we come!!!!!!

Here is another update everyone is doing great so that is good news:cool1:
For the last couple of days i have been talking to amanda and she is our resident picture taker so i asked her what kind of pictures and how many does she think she will take on our trip. So she replies hundreds lol.
Then she said she wanted a scrapbook for each park.

I have been on the war path in every store trying to find disney items for scrapbooking it has been rough but i found a couple of things some stickers,some papers but they didn't have a large selection. I found a princess scrapbook and 3 picture frames. Not bad for quebec lol.

Well thats my news for today see you soon

my wish trip was to disney world. you can get character's signatures, too. you get a front of the line pass so no lines. you also get spending money.

Hi guys just here to say amanda had her doctors appointment today and all is well they scheduled an MRI just to see if she has anymore inflammation near her eyes and brain but just looking at her and they way she improved from last time they definately see a huge hange and doubt that it got worse but they are doing it just for precautions. we were so happy that the doctor was happy we went for ice cream yayyyy.

we did a bit of pre disney shopping but got really sad cause we couldn't find anything maybe a couple of stickers and a shirt but thats it ughhhh.we will have to wait for disney to disney shop:(

Hello!

I found your report! :thumbsup2

Yes - GKTW, as far as I know, is still giving a free Photopass to every wish family. I believe they give you a card - so definitely write down the number like teresajoy suggested. :) And if you lose that one, don't worry - you can get a new card every single day of your trip - but you need to write down all of the numbers.

I think it is a good idea, especially if your family ever splits up to do different rides, etc - so give each adult in your group a Photopass card so that they can capture any moments that happen while you are not with the rest of your group. :) We had an "issue" with this on Lauren's trip - where Lauren's Mom didn't realize we had pre-paid for a Photopass (Wish families could pre-buy them back in 2008) and we missed all the pics from her meal at Cinderella's Royal Table. :sad:

I actually take pictures of my Photopass cards so that I can reference that in case I lose the card AND where I wrote it down. :rotfl2: Not that I would ever do that....:rolleyes1

The only other thing I was thinking is that you shouldn't need any Fast Passes - your Wish button and Wish Trip GAC should be enough to get you through the lines fairly quickly (usually)...

If you have multiple Photopass cards, you can go to the photo shop at one of the parks before you leave and they will merge them all into one account.

For stickers ahead of time, check out the card area, party supplies area or the toy area of a local store. They may have better selection of Disney stickers than a scrap booking store will have. The selection there is most likely to be princesses and most recent movie, so not the Disney classic characters.

Once you get to the parks, many CMs carry around rolls of Mickey stickers. These are round and about 2 inches or so in diameter. If you bring something to carry them in so they don't get bent, you will have some nice Mickey stickers for your scrapbook.

this is probably a dumb question Photopass i understand its a card where you can put your pictures on but what do we do with it later and how much do we have to pay to get the pictures from it` and is there a limit of pictures you can take
i know really dumb question right lol

If you have multiple Photopass cards, you can go to the photo shop at one of the parks before you leave and they will merge them all into one account.

For stickers ahead of time, check out the card area, party supplies area or the toy area of a local store. They may have better selection of Disney stickers than a scrap booking store will have. The selection there is most likely to be princesses and most recent movie, so not the Disney classic characters.

Once you get to the parks, many CMs carry around rolls of Mickey stickers. These are round and about 2 inches or so in diameter. If you bring something to carry them in so they don't get bent, you will have some nice Mickey stickers for your scrapbook.

Sue in MN

Thank you so much I never thought of the party supplies its cause its so difficult here in quebec cause mostly everything is french so colouring books , shirts,plate are usually written in french even our dolls talk in french some stores carry english only but it is very minimal.
my children are bilingual but at home they talk english and watch tv in english so when my younger son hears a buzz lightyear in french he looks at it strange :rotfl:

this is probably a dumb question Photopass i understand its a card where you can put your pictures on but what do we do with it later and how much do we have to pay to get the pictures from it` and is there a limit of pictures you can take
i know really dumb question right lol

At the orientation for GKTW, they will give you a letter which will give you instructions on how to redeem the card. Disney pays for it for Wish Families. You don't even have to pay shipping! It is a good deal - worth over $150 to the families.

It works at the character lines where there is a photographer - you give them your card (**MAKE SURE YOU TELL THEM YOU ARE A WISH FAMILY**) and then they take pictures. They may take dozens of pictures at each character spot - so you may have hundreds on there when you get home.

Then when you get home you can go on the website and put in the numbers from the back of your photopass card (or cards if you have more than one) and it will "load" your pictures for you. Then you can add borders and size them the way you want them (you can make some big so that they will print in 8x10 and stuff like that...)...

It really helps the families because you don't have to get your camera and juggle that and your autograph books for the characters.

You can also load your own pictures that you take (although I usually don't do this)...

You will still need your own camera - because the photopass photographers are not everywhere - so you will still want to take pictures of stuff that goes on besides just character stuff. And it doesn't work at Universal or Sea World either...

I came home today and Amanda came up to me and said mom i made a jounal.
i asked what kind and she replied my life when we found out about my wegeners.
she started to read it to me and all i could think about is how strong she is.
she is only 13 and i never saw her cry once about her disease.

it is truly remarkable how she deals with everything i am so blessed to have her in my life she is my rock.

I came home today and Amanda came up to me and said mom i made a jounal.
i asked what kind and she replied my life when we found out about my wegeners.
she started to read it to me and all i could think about is how strong she is.
she is only 13 and i never saw her cry once about her disease.

it is truly remarkable how she deals with everything i am so blessed to have her in my life she is my rock.

:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

:hug:

writing today with good news
Amanda got a call yesterday from her nurse at the hospital and they recieved tickets for her to go to the theatre production of How to train your dragon :cool1:

it is in august and she is so happy she can't stop watching it in youtube :thumbsup2

I love seeing her so happy so now she has 2 things to look forward to

:yay: Wonderful news Connie!! Looking forward to the pics....:thumbsup2

That is sooo neat! Congrats on your trip coming true and the HTTYD tickets We went to MNSSHP last year and loved it! I know all about steriod meds so I know about needing new clothes:) I hope you guys find some wonderful things!

:cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1:

I am soooo glad they like them!! Woohoo!!! Looking forward to hearing all about the trip.

I just wanted to know if they sell mickey waffle makers and mickey toasters at walt disney world ::MickeyMo

:) I believe so...check the kitchen store in DTD--also may have one online. :wave2:

ok i live in montreal canada so this is good news for all canadians :cool1:
but i still want my new american friends to read this also.

awhile back i used to work for a big global retail company `
when i found out last year that my daughter was diagnosed with wegeners they helped me with time off i took my sick hours accumilated plus my vacation time , so they never gave me more hours just helped me out by putting them together. by the way i worked with them for 6 years.
i did every challenge they brought to me my boss was really happy with me
before my daughter became ill they put me on a promotion plan so i had to work morning evening and nights, i did it.
finally i stayed working at nights from 9pm-7am because they found i was taking too many days off because of doc appointments which when i took the days off i would replace them with weekend shifts (a family with an ill child always needs money) so one day i asked about my promotion and they flat out told me i could not get it because i am not a garauntee because of my daughter!!!!!
do you believe it a multi billion dollar company is saying to a mother of 4 which one has a life threating illness plus who worked nights 6 days a week you can not go higher in the company because of your daughter.:furious:

so i did what i had to and quit
i found a new job which knows about my daughter and knows she comes first.

so on to the good news
our prime minister announced today that in 2013 they are implamenting a new unemployment benefit for parents with children with life threatening diseases.we will be allowed 35weeks to take care of our kids :)

i really do hope it happens because if i had that i would have told my job to go bleep itself

ok i live in montreal canada so this is good news for all canadians :cool1:
but i still want my new american friends to read this also.

awhile back i used to work for a big global retail company `
when i found out last year that my daughter was diagnosed with wegeners they helped me with time off i took my sick hours accumilated plus my vacation time , so they never gave me more hours just helped me out by putting them together. by the way i worked with them for 6 years.
i did every challenge they brought to me my boss was really happy with me
before my daughter became ill they put me on a promotion plan so i had to work morning evening and nights, i did it.
finally i stayed working at nights from 9pm-7am because they found i was taking too many days off because of doc appointments which when i took the days off i would replace them with weekend shifts (a family with an ill child always needs money) so one day i asked about my promotion and they flat out told me i could not get it because i am not a garauntee because of my daughter!!!!!
do you believe it a multi billion dollar company is saying to a mother of 4 which one has a life threating illness plus who worked nights 6 days a week you can not go higher in the company because of your daughter.:furious:

so i did what i had to and quit
i found a new job which knows about my daughter and knows she comes first.

so on to the good news
our prime minister announced today that in 2013 they are implamenting a new unemployment benefit for parents with children with life threatening diseases.we will be allowed 35weeks to take care of our kids :)

What a horrible way to treat you!!! I'm so sorry about that. I am glad you got a new job that seems to be more understanding.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter