My dh has been at work since 3 a.m. Wednesday!

Mermaid02

DIS Veteran
He called and said they (work) got a motel room so the guys could all take turns having "cat naps" so they did get some sleep, but I need 8-10 hours AT ONCE! I don't know HOW they do it :confused: I am however, doing the "overtime" dance!:Pinkbounc

My dh works hours like that alot, Mermaid.

He is a walking zombie most of the time, lol.

Mermaid 02,
Isn't your DH a lineman. If so he must be working crazy hours with all of the storms going on.

My DH while not a lineman, works for a power company. He's been keeping crazy hours and now has to work all weekend. He's salaried so we're not going to see any overtime pay but I know you will. Gotta love that check when it comes.

Overtime? What's that? I haven't seen overtime in YEARS! Some companies still have overtime???? ;)

I hope the overtime pay makes it worth it :)

I used to work hours like that when I used to work for a public Accounting firm. I'd get in at 9am and sometimes not get home until the next afternoon!!! I didn't get paid overtime either.....

Originally posted by Pin Wizard
Overtime? What's that? I haven't seen overtime in YEARS! Some companies still have overtime???? ;)

I agree. You are LUCKY if your DH is getting OT. My DH works whole weekends sometimes, when they have inventory, in addition to working about a 60 hr workweek.

No OT here...:(

That's the difference in being salaried or hourly. I don't get overtime, but DH does. However, I do get comp time (of course trying to take it is a whole other matter).

Yes overtime paychecks are VERY nice!

I feel your pain! My DH does IT consulting, project management. They are always behind schedule, and there is always some "crisis." Right now he is making an hourly rate and the money is nice, but he is exhausted. It wears me out too. I don't work outside the home but taking care of 4 kids by myself a lot is tough. I hope your situation improves pronto!!

He works for the local electrical utility but he isn't a lineman... he's an electrician, he builds substations etc.

The overtime hours are few and far between nowadays so believe me- we are glad for every little bit we get!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter