My dad... update 2/27, he's gone.

WebmasterKathy

DIS Veteran
Just got word that he's going on hospice care. :guilty:

He had a stroke about 4 years ago, when he was just 65, and just hasn't been doing well ever since.

He went from a funny, life-of-the-party workaholic to an old man not able to walk and not mentally all there instantly.

Now he has some sort of internal bleeding that they're having trouble diagnosing, and he's too weak to withstand much medically. Now just waiting to hear more. :sad1:

Oh, Kathy! I'm so sorry to hear this. I'm hoping he pulls through this alright! You and he are in my prayers.

Sayhello

:grouphug:

We are so sorry. Hospice was a big help for my FIL and us before he passed away (almost 2 years ago).

So sorry to hear this Kathy. Take comfort in knowing that Hospice is there to help - this could be the best thing for him right now.

Prayers and positive thoughts for your dad, you, and your family.

I'm so sorry Kathy. You and your father will be in my thoughts and prayers. Hugs and pixie dust to you both! :grouphug:

Many blessing to your Dad and to all who are his caregivers. Take comfort in the 65 years was the life of the party and all the people he touched. Now it is his time for others to give back to him. We don't get to choose our life's destiny only the manner in which we travel it. My wish for him is that the medical staff are able to quickly determine the problem so that they can begin to comfort him in the best possible manner.

Carol
It's a great day to be alive!!!

So sorry to hear this Kathy. Take comfort in knowing that Hospice is there to help - this could be the best thing for him right now.

I agree with John. My dad was in hospice care, and it was the best thing for him and for us. I'm sorry that you're going through this. :hug:

grouphug.gif
PD and prayers for you and your family, Kathy.

I'm so sorry Kathy. :hug: Sending thoughts and prayers to you, your dad and family.

I'm SO sorry to hear this, Kathy.

I want to know that my Mom, myself and my partner have all been involved in Hospice care as nurses and attendants over the years.

If you have ANY questions at all that I can help you with, *please* feel free to PM me, I'd be more than happy to help you in anyway that I can.

In the meantime, may your family and the many spirits that are wrapping their love around you during this time provide you with comfort and perspective.

You are stronger than you know.

:hug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter