My cats are destroying my tree!

No cat for us anymore, but I would try the orange peels. My cat hated orange peels. You would probably have to replace every couple of days so the citrus scent stays.

A funny story of my old cat and the tree though: She used to love to drink the water from the Christmas tree stand. You could hear her drinking under the tree, but not see her 'cause she would be under the branches. My DH had my kids convinced that we could hear the tree drinking one night! They were so AMAZED!

I can't keep my cats away from my Christmas tree! Last year it got so bad that we just gave up. We stopped putting the ornaments back on the tree. As they were knocked off, we just put them back in their boxes. They were kittens last year and had all that kitten energy. They broke so many things, it was terrible. I thought this year might be better because they are older and calmer. NOT!

Not only are they still destroying my tree, one keeps eating it. And it's an artificial tree!:scared1: She vomited four times last night because of it. :sick: I have had this tree up for one day and I already just want to take it down.

Any tips to help me keep these demons away from my tree?

Wow, your cats and my cats are very alike. I can't keep them out of it or from chewing it. My 5-year old siamese twins just go to town on it then in the middle of the night one of us is cleaning up the vomit. We are putting ours up this weekend and we shall see what happens this year. I'm going to listen to others suggestions and put some of that spray on it and see what happens. Spray bottles don't work for them, I squirt them, they give me dirty look then they act worse in rebellious mode. Crazy enough, my 2-year old is in it for the tree skirt, he loves napping under there.

Good luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter