My beautiful girl went to the Rainbow Bridge

I'm so very sorry for your loss. As the 'Mom' to three German Shepherd Dogs I get the bond we share with our pets. I hope that as the days go forward that your able to find comfort in the many memories you have of the times you spent together.

So sorry, Pea. I know it's a difficult time but that you also know she is romping happily now.

Your posts have made me laugh and cry.

It is times like this that I really appreciate being part of this community.

Snappy, thank you for mentioning the cardinals. It had special meaning.

Wendy, thank you. Your post touched my heart. :lovestruc

Tozzie, WDW Barb, hereyago, luvavacation, momto3gsds (where is oh, I can't think of his username - the guy who lost one of his GSDs to DM not too long ago?) and all the other GSD owners here, thank you, I know you understand that special thing and just seeing your names helped me as I know we have a nice little GSD group here.

LiveYourLife, you are correct, little Duff is doing a great job of keeping us smiling and we are so glad we got him when we did.

Low-key, that was a long post. :goodvibes

Thank you all. :grouphug:

P4298334.jpg

I'm sorry for your loss. It feels like a part of your heart has been ripped out and everything you do or see reminds you of your sweet dog. If we didn't love them so deeply, it wouldn't hurt so bad. I hope in time the memories of your girl will make you smile and you will treasure those memories forever.

This is one of my favorite sayings. Saving one animal will not change the world, but for that one animal the world will change forever. :grouphug:

So sorry for your loss. We lost our Max in January. It has been very hard. They are a big part of our families.

I'm sorry for your loss. It feels like a part of your heart has been ripped out and everything you do or see reminds you of your sweet dog. If we didn't love them so deeply, it wouldn't hurt so bad. I hope in time the memories of your girl will make you smile and you will treasure those memories forever.

This is one of my favorite sayings. Saving one animal will not change the world, but for that one animal the world will change forever. :grouphug:

Thanks for sharing this saying. I have never heard pet adoption addressed in this way. Simple but eloquent. Both of our family dogs have been of the rescue variety.

What I know is that my girl had a positive and lasting impact on each member of our family. She enriched our lives in ways we did not expect.

Your posts have made me laugh and cry.

It is times like this that I really appreciate being part of this community.

Snappy, thank you for mentioning the cardinals. It had special meaning.

Wendy, thank you. Your post touched my heart. :lovestruc

Tozzie, WDW Barb, hereyago, luvavacation, momto3gsds (where is oh, I can't think of his username - the guy who lost one of his GSDs to DM not too long ago?) and all the other GSD owners here, thank you, I know you understand that special thing and just seeing your names helped me as I know we have a nice little GSD group here.

LiveYourLife, you are correct, little Duff is doing a great job of keeping us smiling and we are so glad we got him when we did.

Low-key, that was a long post. :goodvibes

Thank you all. :grouphug:

P4298334.jpg

I thought you might enjoy the cardinal story, Yes, we put huge feeders of sunflower seeds rich outside the window next to our computer, so I guess we entice them. But yesterday the male cardinal beckoned me for a long time, today his mate (I would to think she is anyway) is talking to me.

I don't remember which of our posters told that beautiful story about cardinals when we lost our girl, but it brought me so much comfort at the time, especially since cardinals were in evidence when I took our girl out to the back yard the last time, and then later that evening.

thinking of you today.

Oh Snappy I remember & often think how you are doing That's so touching What a beautiful thing...will I never stop crying today

I was compelled somehow to do it. DD24 worried about me when I told her I gathered those pictures but I think she eventually understood, as did the rest of my family.

Thanks for thinking of me and for supporting me a few months ago.

Oh snappy, I remember when you lost your puppy dog and the beautiful sendoff you gavve her, hope you are doing well.

Thanks, and sorry if I am sort of hijacking this thread, but I appreciate your words. These message boards continue to be a help to me with people like you.

The poem below that someone posted when we lost our girl echoes the saying in my mind about saving a dog, but from a dear dog's viewpoint:

Dog's Last Will and Testament
(Author unknown)

Before humans die, they write their last Will & Testament, and give their home and all they have to those they leave behind. If, with my paws, I could do the same, this is what I'd ask....
This beautiful poem echoes something in my mind about

To a poor and lonely stray I'd give:

My happy home.
My bowl, cozy bed, soft pillows and all my toys.
The lap which I loved so much.
The hand that stroked my fur and the sweet voice which spoke my name.
I'd will to the sad scared shelter dog the place I had in my human's heart, of which there seemed no bounds.

So when I die please do not say, "I will never have a pet again, for the loss and pain is more than I can stand." Instead go find an unloved dog; one whose life has held no joy or hope and give MY place to him.

This is the only thing I can give...the love I left behind.

The poem below that someone posted when we lost our girl echoes the saying in my mind about saving a dog, but from a dear dog's viewpoint:

Dog's Last Will and Testament
(Author unknown)

Before humans die, they write their last Will & Testament, and give their home and all they have to those they leave behind. If, with my paws, I could do the same, this is what I'd ask....
This beautiful poem echoes something in my mind about

To a poor and lonely stray I'd give:

My happy home.
My bowl, cozy bed, soft pillows and all my toys.
The lap which I loved so much.
The hand that stroked my fur and the sweet voice which spoke my name.
I'd will to the sad scared shelter dog the place I had in my human's heart, of which there seemed no bounds.

So when I die please do not say, "I will never have a pet again, for the loss and pain is more than I can stand." Instead go find an unloved dog; one whose life has held no joy or hope and give MY place to him.

This is the only thing I can give...the love I left behind.

Snappy, I posted the last will and testament. Someone shared it with me when I lost my sweet pup and I hope it touched your heart in a small way. It still makes me tear up, though. Thanks for posting it again.

Pea, I am so sorry for your loss. I have a GSD with the hips and it has been an issue now for 2 yrs taking its toll on her. They are such wonderful, loyal dogs. I cried as I read through this thread. At least she passed on doing what she loved and happy. She was a beautiful girl.

Snappy and ponygirl, that poem is absolutely beautiful and had the tears streaming even harder. Thank you for sharing.

So sorry for your loss, I know how it feels to lose a fur baby my heart still aches sending a big hug your way .

Very sorry to hear this about your buddy, Linda. :hug:'s She looked magnificent. You were both so very fortunate to have had each other on your individual journeys; her life journey, your health journey. :cloud9:

Thanks for sharing several moments of her beautiful life. And know well, Linda, as you have said earlier, she is there............

rbowx.gif
Rainbow Bridge
rbowx.gif

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.
When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.
There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.
There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.
All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.
The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.
They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers.
Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.
You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...

www.petloss.com

http://www.indigo.org/rainbowbridge_ver2.html

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter