My Aulani resale experience

This is the weird part. Somehow the seller was able to get back the contract and wanted full asking price a few weeks later. Seller must be a Disney employee or something. There is some funny business going on.

Employees cannot sell their contracts on the open market. There is a clause that they must sell it back to disney for what they purchased the contract for. They do get a percentage off of the going price. Also disney employees can get fired for renting out points from their contracts bought with employee discount.

Employees cannot sell their contracts on the open market. There is a clause that they must sell it back to disney for what they purchased the contract for. They do get a percentage off of the going price. Also disney employees can get fired for renting out points from their contracts bought with employee discount.

About the sale stuff -- this is not true. My brother bought a SSR contract via resale from a former employee. He got a great price (but still average for SSR resale). We found out b/c the agent told us, and because a year later he accidentally received a Disney letter to CMs regarding their DVC contracts. Several people received these on the DIS, actually.

In November, we bought a contract 320 Mar UY 300 '11 points, 0 '12 pts. $25,000 plus MF for 2013 Subsidized due. If my math is right, we paid $78/pt. Made through ROFR no problem. It did take about 3 mos to close due to Hi rules I assumed. We bought on Ebay, seller chose Title services. As far as I was aware, no delay on anyone's part.

We are looking to add more points - and found one and going through the process. We did not offer more than $88. Now I don't know should I be worried or not. Since they didn't rofr our first round, we were safe to assume they weren't buying Aulani.

It took a lot of convincing with hubby that we should buy more. If we don't get it, I'll be really bummed after all the hard work. It's going to be a tough couple months waiting...sigh

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter