"My 1st Disney getaway" priced out?

AuntieKels

Mouseketeer
Has anyone priced out the My 1st Disney Getaway offer they talking about on this weeks show?

I'm just curious =)

just for fun I priced out:

2 adults, one child
2 night stay (sun Aug 11 to Tues Aug 13)
All Star Movies
2 day non-hopper tickets

Subtotal: $1,022.83

I recall when it first came out a few people on the news and rumor board priced it out too and came to similar conclusions: the "deal" is basically equal to booking it separately, but you get the stroller rental and gift back included

2 adults, one child
All Star Movies
2 day non-hopper tickets

I recall when it first came out a few people on the news and rumor board priced it out too and came to similar conclusions: the "deal" is basically equal to booking it separately, but you get the stroller rental and gift back included

Thanks! I guess it would be fun to get the little freebies but it's SOOOOOOO limiting.

2 adults, one child
All Star Movies
2 day non-hopper tickets

So...…..as Pete said...…..its not a deal......its all smoke and mirrors.

Doug :goofy:

So...…..as Pete said...…..its not a deal......its all smoke and mirrors.

Doug :goofy:

well, technically, when you add in the stroller rentals and other things it does save some $ - just not a lot and is more restrictive than other options. So more to look like it is a deal .... Disney always has commercias focused on making it look like a trip to WDW can be affordable or "less than imagined" for a family to come visit

2 adults, one child
All Star Movies
2 day non-hopper tickets

1000 bucks for two nights at the All Stars... and they have the cajones to call that a discount.

They can't even include a park-hopper.

2 nights to do two parks isn't feasible or enjoyable unless maybe you live in Central Florida.

Rack for All Star Sport 9-23,9-24,9-25 $681 with tax.

Undercover Tourist 2 day park pass, no hopper, for 2 adults and 1 child $694

$1375 to not be rushed through the parks and have a third night to rest before leaving.

Last edited:
1000 bucks for two nights at the All Stars... and they have the cajones to call that a discount.

They can't even include a park-hopper.

A lot of the cost is the tickets as for 2 days you aren't get much of a multiday break so you are at more than $600 just on the tickets for a family of 3 - and we'll north of that if in the summer

Give them a park hopper and free dining, then that's a deal. Otherwise, it's not...the only benefit is for those who don't want to do ANY planning at all (but they would still have to book fastpasses, etc.)

Give them a park hopper and free dining, then that's a deal. Otherwise, it's not...the only benefit is for those who don't want to do ANY planning at all (but they would still have to book fastpasses, etc.)

I mean theres a good $150 cash savings and then around $50 dollars in free merchandise. And it is aimed a little ones who may not need to hop. Im still just hung up on how they expect it two work with only a two nights stay. I say throw in a third night for the same cost and keep the gift bag and then you have something. Otherwise you real cost is about $1200 as you pretty much have to add a third night on.

Last edited:
I mean theres a good $150 cash savings and then around $50 dollars in free merchandise. And it is aimed a little ones who may not need to hop. Im still just hung up on how they expect it two work with only a two nights stay. I say throw in a third night for the same cost and keep the gift bag and then you have something. Otherwise you real cost is about $1200 as you pretty much have to add a third night on.

I do wonder if fully planned packages are something that Disney could look into further....like

3 day vacation
Hotel Stay
1 park per day
Choice of 1 of 3 popular restaurants for each meal, then it chooses the time for your reservation
Gives you 3 fastpasses with options for the more popular attractions (then you can choose your own after)
Merchandise Vouchers for Mickey ears, etc.
Snack credits

THAT could be worth more IMO as it wouldn't require the same amount of planning. Obviously for first time visitors who really don't know what they want to do. Just put in the height of your kid, whether you like thrill rides, etc.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!