MVMCP 2012 Official Information

I don't think the first party is usually insanely busy. I think the concern is about it beign Friday night of a 3 day federal holiday weekend.

If it's the only party you can go to, I'd do it. If you can stay for the 2nd party, I'd choose that one. Although if that's Sunday, that will still be in the 3 day weekend, so not sure how that will be. But generally Sundays are far better than Fridays.

Would love your thoughts on this one...

When we go in November, our little dude will be 26 months old. He absolutely loves the characters. We've been 2x with him already and he cries when they leave our table at meals or when we have to leave the Town Hall.

We were already planning to go one night and bring him (prob 11/12). I was thinking of getting tickets for the 15th as well, and depending on whether or not he does well with the 1st party, hiring Kids Nite Out for the 2nd one.

That way Daddy & I can enjoy the party if the 1st goes badly and if it goes well, we can enjoy whatever we missed the 1st time. Since he's under 3 he won't need a ticket for either. Kids nite out has a 24 hour cancellation policy so we could cancel if he really likes the 1st one without penalty.

My question is: Is it worth 2 events? We move so much slower with him, so I think it may take 2 parties for him to get to see all his favorites? Also, it would be nice to tour the parks with him in a smaller crowd.

We've only ever done MNSSHP before (only the 2 of us) and both times it was still pretty crowded (but we still loved it!) I've heard this event is a little smaller? is that accurate?

Also, we are DVC members, so the $ would be a hair less than regular price.

Thanks in advance for your help!

My friends and I are looking at the party on Dec. 14th. That is my birthday and what a great way to celebrate my birthday with a Christmas Party...Wooohhhhoooo!!!!!

Am I seeing something wrong?? Has Disney actually LOWERED their prices for the party vs. last year?!?!?!! When do we EVER see that! :rotfl2:

WARNING: THIS IS LAST YEAR's INFO (below)
November: 8, 9, 11, 13, 15, 29, 30
December: 4, 6, 7, 11, 13, 14
Advance purchase
Adults 10 and up (tax included) - $60.66
Children 3-9 (tax included) - $55.33
Purchased day of event:
Adults 10 and up (tax included) - $67.05
Children 3-9 (tax included) - $61.72

November: 18, 27
December: 2, 9, 16, 18
Advance purchase or day of event:
Adults 10 and up (tax included) - $67.05
Children 3-9 (tax included) - $61.72
Passholder and DVC Discounted Pricing
November: 8, 9, 11, 13, 15, 29, 30
December: 4, 6
Adults 10 and Up (tax included)- $56.40
Children 3-9 (tax included) - $51.07

I don't actually think they're losing money on this one though. We usually go as soon as school gets out which is often around the 15-18th (this year it's the 14th for us). We've done the party before but not for the past couple of years. Mostly because it keeps getting more and more crowded and they've taken away some of the perks that the parties had in the past. Plus we can always see the Christmas parade and Holiday wishes for "free" later in ours stay. Not this year though! Instead of the party ending on the 18th like it did last year it runs through the 21st. Lots of people who choose to go the week that school lets out will now have to purchase MMVMCP tickets if they want to see the parade/holiday Wishes.

So the first party on Nov 9 is usually EXTREMELY busy? I am iffy on wether we want to do this party. If it is SUPER busy would you skip it? We have never been before. We are doing the Nov 2 MNSSHP too.

I don't think the first party is usually insanely busy. I think the concern is about it beign Friday night of a 3 day federal holiday weekend.

If it's the only party you can go to, I'd do it. If you can stay for the 2nd party, I'd choose that one. Although if that's Sunday, that will still be in the 3 day weekend, so not sure how that will be. But generally Sundays are far better than Fridays.

This is our dilemma, too. I booked to fly in on Tues. night, hoping for a Weds or Thurs night first party. I think being a Friday night and a first party and a holiday weekend will make it a very busy party - but we're going to go anyway. We like to do two parties (just me and DGrD), so we'll do what we can on Friday night and then go to the 2nd party also - which is on Monday night this year instead of the usual Sunday night. Being on Monday might make that one a little less crowded since Mon is Veterans Day and hopefully people will be leaving that day - so glad we decided to stay an extra day and head home on Tuesday.

Get in at 4pm (that's what I've read is the earliest you can get in to MK for MVMCP, even though it starts at 7) if we don't have regular park tickets? I was thinking of going on our arrival day but since we probably won't get to WDW until early afternoon, I didn't want to use one of our park ticket days. I know you get wristbands so could we get those at 4 and spend 3 hours in MK prior to the party? That would be so awesome!!!!!!:cool1:

Does anyone know if I can buy MVMCP tickets at Disneyland for the WDW event? I'd like to get the military pricing as early as possible.
No. The ticketing systems are not compatible. The only ticket that can be purchased at both locations is the Disney Premier Pass.

We are gonna go to our first MVMCP this year, so excited the dates are out. We will be going on Nov 25!! We are heading to WDW for Sat-Wed the week before, cruising on Disney Dream for Thanksgiving Wed-Sun, then MVMCP Sunday night- coming home Monday- it's gonna be a great time!!!

Hi! If we use the MVMCP ticket (4PM - 12AM) as our MK day; are all of the rides open? It will just be DH and myself so no decision making except mine (haha). This is our first time at Christmas and I'm thinking we could do all that I want (the big stuff) and still enjoy the parade, etc..

We are going 11/9-11/17 for the Wine and Dine 1/2 and luckily there will be a few parties while we are there. We have never done this party, only MNSSHP-when my daughter was still free! So, my dilema is we will be attending the world with my Coast Guard brother and would be able to save a lot of money by buying tickets with him for our family of 4. But, I am concerned it may be sold out by the time we get there. Do they hold back some tickets for military or what? We are normally passholders, but this is an "extra" trip this year and our passes have expired. We will not really be hitting the parks much for the week and thought this would be a great addition and we will be staying at BLT, so very convenient.

Sorry if someone already answered this. If we are in MK during the day and have tickets for the party that night can we stay in or do we have to leavve and re enter the park?

We are going 11/9-11/17 for the Wine and Dine 1/2 and luckily there will be a few parties while we are there. We have never done this party, only MNSSHP-when my daughter was still free! So, my dilema is we will be attending the world with my Coast Guard brother and would be able to save a lot of money by buying tickets with him for our family of 4. But, I am concerned it may be sold out by the time we get there. Do they hold back some tickets for military or what? We are normally passholders, but this is an "extra" trip this year and our passes have expired. We will not really be hitting the parks much for the week and thought this would be a great addition and we will be staying at BLT, so very convenient.
Normally the dates with discounted tickets available are not expected to sell out; that's why they make discounted tickets available.
Sorry if someone already answered this. If we are in MK during the day and have tickets for the party that night can we stay in or do we have to leave and re enter the park?
There are about four locations inside the Park where they can scan your ticket and give wristbands.

Our first time ever going to MVMCP! :yay::santa:

Do you have the buy the military discounted tickets in person or can you buy over the phone? My son will be almost 2 and I am debating on whether we should go or not.

Do you have the buy the military discounted tickets in person or can you buy over the phone? My son will be almost 2 and I am debating on whether we should go or not.
The internal notice states "Discounted Tickets are NOT available at Military Bases, Shades of Green, DisneyWorld.com or 407-W-DISNEY". They are available only at ticket windows at the Parks (including water parks, TTC and DTD) and Guest Relations locations.

Get in at 4pm (that's what I've read is the earliest you can get in to MK for MVMCP, even though it starts at 7) if we don't have regular park tickets? I was thinking of going on our arrival day but since we probably won't get to WDW until early afternoon, I didn't want to use one of our park ticket days. I know you get wristbands so could we get those at 4 and spend 3 hours in MK prior to the party? That would be so awesome!!!!!!:cool1:
I'm wondering this as well. We are going to MVMCP on 11/16. Planning on being at the park that day, but now I'm thinking about making it an off day for the kids to swim and relax, then go in at 4 if that's what is allowed. Why do they let you in at 4 if the tickets say 7?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter