Must Have Shots

SortingThoughts

Earning My Ears
Hi.

I'm a scrapbooker, and my husband is a photographer (We go well together!) I am hoping to combine both our hobbies and create an 'uber' Disney scrapbook. However, I'm at a loss of what photos to plan for when we're in the parks over the next few months....

Any suggestions?

I'll combine the list and go from there :)

Thanks so much!

Kellie
(Who's glad her husband is 'point and shoot' - she points, he shoots!)

There are really to many "Must Have Shots" to list. Plus it will be slightly different for each person/family.

I suggest searching though the contest threads (each week is a different subject), the "Show Me" threads and also take a look at the "Show Me Shots an average tourist wouldn't take" (or something close to that).

Go with the major stuff and characters, then after that go with the flow of your vacation. What is a must have for a family of 4 celebrating a 7 year old's birthday is more than likely going to be a lot different from a couple celebrating their 30th anniversary.

Remember, if you find out after getting home that you missed a "Must have shot", then that just gives you an excuse to go back again. ::yes:: :)

I would think that the traditional "must haves" are the WDW entrance sign, the MK entrance, all four weinies (castle, hat, ball, tree), some characters, and some street performers. Much beyond that and it starts to get personal quickly.

Thanks for the input.

Personally, I want pictures of everything - because when I'm home, I miss it so much! (Thankfully we've got a full Disney year planned!)

Was just wondering what other folks thought were the 'must haves' :)

Do you have a theme for your scrapbook? We are doing a 3 day land/4 day sea later this year. I plan to scrap the atmosphere of each park as opposed to the rides (i.e. entertainers like the Dapper Dans, Devine, Jaminators, and Parade Pic). Epcot is going to be themed for the 25th Anniversary. I want to get pics of the pavillions and hopefully, one of each countries' cm in costume. Animal Kingdom of course will be the animals and FOTLK. I going to do a section of the LEGO sculptures for DTD. For the cruise, I am going to do a theme of ABC of DCL. If you choose to do an ABC, there are several thread with ABC of characters, rides, attractions, etc... that could give you some ideas. Then there are the special events. I want to do a section on Candlelight Processional, New Years Eve and our wedding anniversary. You also might check out the scrapbooking board for other ideas.

I want pictures of all the signs. The main enterance signs, the area signs like a tomorrowland sign and all individual ride signs. Other than that it was character photos and then whatever for me.

OMG...a kindred spirit..i am HUGE into scrapbooking too..and photography!
After several disney trips..I decided I needed to refocus on the pics..as I was just getting more of the same.
So this trip I focused on "disney details"..those little touches that create the atmosphere we love! The fountains,flowers,signs,things like the worn paint shutters by everest, the old light posts by kali, my mickey waffle for breakfast,the wrough iron fence at our resort. Lots of great shots like this in Epcot..in the stores in each country I tried to capture some of the details--like wine bottles lined up...or a whole row of Minnies!
Of course I got many of our standard family shots but I love the perspective I took this time around and well..it was great for my layouts!

I can't get used to seeing the word uber lol

I'd say the castle for sure, but other than that it should be what you enjoy the most, your favorite rides, etc

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter