• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Must Eats- Cedar Point/Ohio Area

nikkistevej

DIS Veteran
Anyone know any local restaurants that are good in this area? We are heading to Cedar Point in a few months, and like to eat in "new" places, not chains that we can eat at home. Thanks for any help!

Trying to think of something (non-chain), but there really is not a lot in the Sandusky area I would recommend. Your best bet would be to check out Port Clinton or Marblehead.

What types of food are you looking for? Casual or nicer places?

We got to Sandusky in the evening and stopped and ate at Chett and Matt's Pizza. It was good. The day of the park we just ate in the park. The day we left we ate at a smallish family restaurant that was really good. I just can't remember the name!!

I know you said no chains, but...we always eat at Famous Dave's at Cedar Point. If you bring in your parking receipt they will credit the amount you paid for parking on your bill. At least they did this the last time we were there probably 3-5 years ago. We are going again in June and will eat here and I'm going to try it again.

We like Quaker Steak & Lube - it's a chain but we usually go there when we are in Sandusky for something fun and it's right near Cedar Point. If you have time and can make it to Catawba Island/Port Clinton, it's not that far and Mon Ami Winery is really good - with a seafood buffet on Saturday evenings.

We got to Sandusky in the evening and stopped and ate at Chett and Matt's Pizza. It was good. The day of the park we just ate in the park. The day we left we ate at a smallish family restaurant that was really good. I just can't remember the name!!
Diana's?

Trying to think of something (non-chain), but there really is not a lot in the Sandusky area I would recommend. Your best bet would be to check out Port Clinton or Marblehead.

What types of food are you looking for? Casual or nicer places?
Casual is good. We will check out the surrounding areas too, thanks :)

I know you said no chains, but...we always eat at Famous Dave's at Cedar Point. If you bring in your parking receipt they will credit the amount you paid for parking on your bill. At least they did this the last time we were there probably 3-5 years ago. We are going again in June and will eat here and I'm going to try it again.
We do love Famous Dave's and don't mind eating there at all, just go there quite a bit, so wanted something different. Thanks :)

We like Quaker Steak & Lube - it's a chain but we usually go there when we are in Sandusky for something fun and it's right near Cedar Point. If you have time and can make it to Catawba Island/Port Clinton, it's not that far and Mon Ami Winery is really good - with a seafood buffet on Saturday evenings.
Never heard of the Quaker steak place, we may do that. Thanks for the suggestions.:)

Ummm.....no. There's literally no place I would go out of my way to eat at in that area.

That being said, if you are at Cedar Point, and want actual non-chain non-fast food, you can eat at the Bay Harbor. Basically, nobody knows about it unless they hang out at the marina a lot. It's near Famous Daves, but you turn left (after exiting the park) into the parking lot before you get to the dock. Look for the random building with the pool.

Ummm.....no. There's literally no place I would go out of my way to eat at in that area.

That being said, if you are at Cedar Point, and want actual non-chain non-fast food, you can eat at the Bay Harbor. Basically, nobody knows about it unless they hang out at the marina a lot. It's near Famous Daves, but you turn left (after exiting the park) into the parking lot before you get to the dock. Look for the random building with the pool.
Thanks, we will check them out!!! :)

Hey for anyone reading this I just called Famous Dave's they said they stopped last year accepting the parking toll as a credit to your bill. But the girl said she believes Bay Harbor still does it, so OP if you go there take your receipt in to get your parking toll credited. Maybe we'll check out Bay Harbor I never heard of that place!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter