• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Must eat at restaurants near DW?

Any suggestions for a really good Bar B Que place near Beach Club? We will have a car for 24 hrs and thought we would try eating offsite.

:thumbsup2 And here's another testimony for the EXCELLENT BBQ at Bubbalous Bodacious BBQ. We visited the one near Universal (5818 Conroy Rd.), Friday 7/2, after our night at the parks & took it back to our villa. Excellent...just THE BEST. Some of our party also got their catfish which was also excellent. Unless you can stand sauce that can blow your head off, stay away from their HOTTEST sauce. They let my husband sample it & he couldn't take it--and he loves hot, spicy food lol. The prices were very reasonable too. We had to park across where the Walgreen (?) was because that lot was sewed up busy. I believe there is a night club in this shopping complex, and it was Friday night so that may be why.

:thumbsup2 We also had an excellent meal at the Boston Lobster Feast. The lobster was VERY tough, but the London Broil, shrimp salad, and crab legs were excellent. They also had Fillet Mignon that was by request, cook-to-order, and one at a time (our server was nice enough to give us 2 on our 2nd request). My first piece was a little overdone to my liking, but the next one was PERFECT and sooo delicious. The baked potatoes were by request and cooked to perfection. I HATE a waxy baked potato, but mine was piping hot & fluffy mmmm. I had signed up on their website and got our meals for $29.99 for all in your party (I believe dinner is close to $40 without a discount.......be SURE to sign up for emails because they make it worth the money). This place gets really mixed reviews so I wanted to come back and give my experience. Just be sure you go when it's crowded so the food is always moving & being replenished. I can see where it would be terrible at a slow time. It is also a VERY, VERY cold place so YOU WILL need a jacket to stand it in there...and I am a very hot person. We got lucky and had the tables nearest the door so it wasn't as bad as the back of the restaurant. Even the servers wear black, thick, long sleeved shirts. I can see why now. I also ordered a specialty drink & went home with a new, cute, plastic lobster glass.

Another place we had excellent food at was Logan's Roadhouse Grill (we did the Carside To Go). Excellent catfish too & I made a meal just off those delicious dinner rolls! There was also a Smokey Bones near there (2911 Vineland Rd.) that I would have loved to try but ran out of meals/time lol.

River Island Bar and Grill at Orange Lake Country Club on 192 is great! Amazing fish dishes!
I also like Carrabbas for some good itallian, also located on 192.

I'm way too late for OP, but second others' opinions of Bahama Breeze. It's a treat for us, since we don't have one in SC. Check it out online and sign up for coupons and deals!

Great advice. I keep hearing about Sweet tomatoes as well and went to their site and signed up for emails and they sent me a coupon already. I hope that they send some close to my trip!

Hi! I signed up at Sweet Tomatoes! Just wondering if there are any other sites to sign up for dinning coupons/discounts?:banana:

What type of expiration do the coupons have for Sweet Tomatoes? We'll be down there at the beginning of Nov. so I would like to sign up in time to get them but not so far in advance that the coupons expire before we get down there.

Also interested in any other coupons that might be available. Thanks for any help.

Looking at all the old ones for this month in my email, they all appear to only be valid for 1 week.

I'd suggest you wait until a week, maybe 2, before your trip to sign up for all the online clubs. That's what I did.

Enjoy!

So far, Sweet tomatoes has been sending new coupons as soon as the old ones expire, so I would go ahead and sign up now because if you are at all like me, then one or two weeks before you leave you will be so busy trying to remember everything that you waited until one or two weeks before that you will probably forget:rotfl:

We're going to Disney World for 6 nights in May. We have 1 Character Dinner planned but that's it. What are some great, "must eat at" restaurants that are near Disney that won't break the budget compared to if we were to only eat on property? I'm thinking Giodano's for one dinner based on previous recommendations. Thanks for the suggestions!

The Earl of Sandwich is fantastic. It is in Downtown Disney.

Our family's favorite is Tu Tu Tango.
All kinds of arts going on around you. There was a painter, a flamenco dancer, and a belly dancer. Lots of different foods and a great fun atmosphere.
http://www.cafetututango.com/
8625 International Drive

What type of expiration do the coupons have for Sweet Tomatoes? We'll be down there at the beginning of Nov. so I would like to sign up in time to get them but not so far in advance that the coupons expire before we get down there.

Also interested in any other coupons that might be available. Thanks for any help.

The Sweet Tomatoes coupons don't have a very long expiration. The last ones we received on the 4th of November and they are only valid through the 11th. I also find that they usually send them towards the middle of the month and they are valid through toward the end of the month. Not very often do we get any that are good at the begining of the month.

We had a great dinner at Celebration Town Tavern. Some of the best clam chowda I've ever had.

Staying 7 days off property this summer.... need some ideas for places to eat. We are all non-picky eaters so anything is good!

Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter