Musical Chairs with the Mad Hatter

Kids can play musical chairs with Alice and the Mad Hatter at the place at the end of main street with the piano.

Yes, every day at 2:30 at Coke Corner, Alice and the Mad Hatter (and sometimes Peter Pan) come out and play musical chairs while the piano player plays songs. It's really cute and fun. Everytime a kid gets "out" of the game Alice or the Mad Hatter tell a joke. Afterwards they sign autographs and take pictures. We always get there about 2:15 and grab a table. :thumbsup2

_MG_1153.jpg

I remember when someone posted a picture of The Queen over there. I was like :confused3 what the heck is she doing there.

We did this just a few weeks ago. We'd never done it before, but I have to say it was one of the highlights of the entire trip for my four year old daughter. Alice and the Queen of Hearts were there, and DD played Musical chairs along with them and about 6 other kids. She loved it! Peter Pan showed up about halfway through, and was up to his usual nonsense. DD had her blanket, and he asked her if she was cold. Then he saw her bear, grabbed it and asked her if the bear could go back to Neverland with him. It was a hoot!

They did pictures and autographs after. Also, we got there about 2:10, and also saw Goofy and Chip and Dale before the Musical Chairs even began. May have been coincidence, but I'll take it!

We went to this in October and it was beyond fun for the kids. We had Alice, the Mad Hatter and Peter Pan. Just to warn you, it does last a while. They started a bit late prob around 2:40 and I bet it lasted about 45 min. I think it may depend on how many children are playing the game. I believe they let anyone around the area join in. After each child is out, they let each child tell a joke and it last a bit. It is really fun for the kids to interact with Alice and the Mad Hatter is hilarious. Have fun!

Had to post this pic :) :
100_3228.jpg
[/IMG]

We dressed the kids up as characters for the Halloween party at CA that night. We also had a Queen of Hearts, but she passed out asleep in the stroller before the character arrived. It was alot of fun to play!

They did pictures and autographs after. Also, we got there about 2:10, and also saw Goofy and Chip and Dale before the Musical Chairs even began. May have been coincidence, but I'll take it!

The one time we did it Chip & Dale came out too, and then the Genie from Aladdin - which did make us abandon the game (which hadn't even started yet due to Alice being late :laughing:) and follow the Genie.

Hello! Thought I'd reply to this thread rather than starting my own even though it is rather old....

Is musical chairs still every day, and is it still at 2:30? I heard they were changing the time, and I also heard it wasn't taking place every day anymore, but I haven't heard anything concrete. Thank you!

The time just keeps changing. It was 3:30 PM on Monday. The only thing you can be sure of it that it occurs during one of the piano player's sets. These times are listed on the Disneyland web site (see "Park Atmosphere Entertainment") and are usually displayed on the side of the piano.

Ok, so it does take place every day, but the time changes, and it will always be during one of the piano sets?

http://youtu.be/JrvAUDb2ZKU

One of our fave things to do. It was October, so they were calling the kids that got out Spooky Unwinners. And it was Mad Hatter Day since it was10/6 like on his hat. Practice a joke before and MH will be super impressed!

We saw it in September. I don't recall the time, but when we got to the refreshment corner my DH went into the attached store and asked a cashier CM, who called someone (have no idea who) and confirmed the time for him. It is quite a wonderful little activity! I didn't tell the kids in advance though, just in case it didn't happen.

We were there in February and there was a CM standing next to the piano player and I asked her about musical chairs. She pulled out some fancy schedule and said it wasn't on there and that IF it happened, it would be at X time (I can't remember the time). She said that she hasn't see it happen in a while. We did it in 2011 and my daughter had a blast. Didn't see it this year...

We have done it a couple of times; the start time has varied. When we were there in February we saw it in progress around 4:45. I'm hoping the girls can participate again on our next trip.

We had a heck of a time figuring out what time it would be during our last trip. I asked at the information desk, and the CMs had no idea what I was talking about! Kind of a pain in the butt.

My best piece of advice: ask the piano player! I went up and asked him on our third day, when I thought it was supposed to happen at 2 p.m. Turns out, it had already happened at 12:30! But the piano player (who has to be there to provide the music) was able to tell me that the next day it would be at 1:30, and sure enough, he was right!

Even though it was a pain to figure out when the game would be, it turned out to be one of the highlights of our trip! DD3 ended up winning and is still talking about it months later. Very fun!

What is it?

Here are a couple of classic Musical Chair Videos. You never know who will show up.
At times you will see it done with only 3-4 kids, because that is all they could find at the Coke Corner.
If they have not started the first round they will add as many as want to play.,...

Some days the Hatter is spot on and it can be the funniest show at the resort. Almost always worth the time.

BEST Jokes.... Most Wonderland characters....
LINK: http://youtu.be/IcSr1bl5cTg

Here I caught Princes Jasmine playing....
They could only find 3 kids so Jasmine joined in
LINK: http://youtu.be/2plx4jULydM

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!