Music of Pixar show...

At least its a NEW show and something different as opposed to maybe 3 more Beauty and the Beast shows it replaced and sure most vistors have seen as it has their along time. BB has played since 1991.

Wonder if we will get a new show or just go ths same prior to Pixar show.

Last edited:
I saw it and liked it. It could perhaps be improved a little, but it was enjoyable. Rivers of Light on the other hand...

I especially loved the "Up" music with movie scenes. I enjoyed the Pixar Music a lot!

IMG_3716.JPG

We absolutely LOVED it. Perhaps we are in the minority, but we saw it multiple times last week. Then again, my uncle is a composer for movie soundtracks and our children are all band kids. We could listen to that all day. The soundtrack for Up is my personal favorite, so getting that live was a highlight for me.

We enjoyed watching members of the orchestra not only play with enthusiasm, but there was a specific horn player that you could tell just loved Pixar, as every time he wasn't playing, his eyes were glued to the screen. :P

I will say I found it obscenely rude that masses walked out in the middle. CM's were alerting people it was a 40 minute show on the way in. It's basic proper etiquette to NOT walk out in the middle of a piece. At minimum wait for a break between songs.

At least its a NEW show and something different as opposed to maybe 3 more Beauty and the Beast shows it replaced and sure most vistors have seen as it has their along time. BB has played since 1991.

Wonder if we will get a new show or just go ths same prior to Pixar show.
Just for the sake of clarity, it didn't replace BatB shows, they just shifted the schedule for them to end a bit earlier in the day. Same number of them as always

There are untold millions of people who have not yet visited WDW, much less been to DHS and Beauty and the Beast:LIVE.

Every day. Every performance. There are guests in attendance who have not seen things that "regulars" consider to be "old."

Yes, many of us on this board have "been there-done that," but there are far, far MORE guests who have not.

It should be mentioned that this show was always a limited run show. It's ending exactly when it was supposed to. Wouldn't it be nice if they did some other similar types of things in the Studios though. Not sure if the folks who walked out because it wasn't what they expected did it much good though, or the future of other shows

Could also play apart in the contracts they have set up with the orchestra. Idk any of their inner workings but I'm wondering if the orchestra is Disney CM's or an outside group that Disney is paying to perform for a certain amount of time.

Good point. It really may have been a gig and it's almost over. I'll bet the musicians loved it. I know I would. (I play oboe)

Maybe it is the same group that does Candlelight Processional.:)
I was wondering that. I have only done it one time and couldn't remember if it had a live orchestra or not. I thought it did but wasn't certain

I am so looking forward to going in the coming week. I have a flute player and two younger kids who enjoy concerts. I can't wait for what appears to be a unique experience!

Going to put out a general reminder to all, bring yourself a tissue, or three. That darn segment from Up! will trigger a tear or three. Even in the most hardened of hearts. Even Toy Story 3 tugs at the old heart strings of most of us. But Up! dang it, gets me balling. For those that know the movie, they use the scene with musical interlude showing Carl and Ellie's life. And you know how that goes

Going to put out a general reminder to all, bring yourself a tissue, or three. That darn segment from Up! will trigger a tear or three. Even in the most hardened of hearts. Even Toy Story 3 tugs at the old heart strings of most of us. But Up! dang it, gets me balling. For those that know the movie, they use the scene with musical interlude showing Carl and Ellie's life. And you know how that goes
No doubt-I was talking to one of the CMs working the show and she said she is an emotional wreck every day after seeing so many of the shows in a row!:)

My wife and I really enjoyed this performance. Granted, i am a movie music fan, so I love film scores. This show combines the live music with scenes, and some cases, the exact scene (Up, as described above) with the live orchestra. Having seen live shows for Star Wars and Star Trek, this one puts in the animation with the musicians. The show gave me exactly what I expected, and perhaps, a bit more as, yes, that scene from UP, 4 1/2 minutes of just animation and music and it brings me to tears EVERY time! I think my favorite one, though, was the theme from The Incredibles. That film is one of my favorite Pixar scores and where they put in the show was the perfect spot.
I didn't realize it was only to late August, we're going to have to find time to see it again.

This! I'm over here blubbering like an idiot at Ellie and Carl. "Thanks for the adventure, now go have a new one" just kills me. And as all these adults are wiping tears, this poor child behind me utters quite loudly "oh my gosh. Did she just DIE?!" And starts wailing. My heart broke all over.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter