Music of Pixar show...

disneydarling07

The answer to all worries-YOU'RE GOING TO DISNEY!
Swoon to toe-tappin’ tunes from Finding Nemo, Cars, Toy Story and more while you still can—the final show takes place August 27, 2017!

WHY??!!!

This ends 5 days before we get there!! This sounds AMAZING!!!

I did thoroughly enjoy it. Though most have not. It's been panned pretty badly by many online. Only thing disliked more than it is RoL (something else I disagree with the masses about). I guess I have bad taste in general. Or just disagree with the majority
I would have like to see it stay myself. Strangely, they've taken the concept of the show and turned it in to a New Years Eve celebration at the Contemporary, minus the live orchestra part

Only thing disliked more than it is RoL (something else I disagree with the masses about)

Really RoL is that heavily disliked? It looks like such a beautiful show to watch. What do people dislike so much about it?

Really RoL is that heavily disliked? It looks like such a beautiful show to watch. What do people dislike so much about it?
Search on here and you'll see tons of complaints about it. Majority find it boring. Since I disagree I can't really answer. I personally like it a lot

My wife and I saw both RoL and Music of Pixar Live during our recent trip in June. I enjoyed both shows, although Music of Pixar Live felt long (especially during the breaks between musical sequences) and Rivers of Light felt like it lacked a true 'finale'. My wife loved both shows but also agreed with my criticism.

I love Fantasmic and while the technology used in Rivers of Light is impressive, the storyline felt almost nonexistent. The song was very catchy, though.

We stumbled onto Pixar Live and LOVED it! How can anyone pan it??? It was amazing!

We stumbled onto Pixar Live and LOVED it! How can anyone pan it??? It was amazing!
We really enjoyed it. However, if I had to guess as to why some don't care for it I'd say it's a matter of preconceived expectations. It's not about theme songs, but instead is weighted towards background musical scores and how they set the mood for the accompanying visuals. I suspect those that don't care for it wanted something more like a Pixar version of the Frozen sing-along.

The Music of Pixar show isn't what many think it would be. It's not a soundtrack of all of the favorite "hits" from the movies. Rather it's more like a score to the movies. We liked it, but I can see why some don't due to expectations vs what it really is.

See, I thought it was like a sing a long...a medley of our favorite Pixar songs from the movies...

It has mixed reviews.

I'm in the camp that doesn't like it. Wife and I thought it sucked. I prefer every other night time show over RoL. It's not awful, but it didn't live up to what I was expecting.

Music of Pixar is good. However it's music scores, not popular song along songs like some think it is, that's why every show you see a good amount of people get up and walk out. The orchestra is great

See, I thought it was like a sing a long...a medley of our favorite Pixar songs from the movies...

Nope. Likely the only song you'll recognize is "you got a friend in me". The rest are just music scores with no words. They play a scene from a movie behind the orchestra and the orchestra plays a music score. It's all about how music can convey sadness, happiness, fear, etc

The Music of Pixar show isn't what many think it would be. It's not a soundtrack of all of the favorite "hits" from the movies. Rather it's more like a score to the movies. We liked it, but I can see why some don't due to expectations vs what it really is.

It was clearly stated that it was a 50 piece orchestra playing the score. Many people just don't bother to read descriptions and went to this show expecting a sing along.

We really enjoyed it. However, if I had to guess as to why some don't care for it I'd say it's a matter of preconceived expectations. It's not about theme songs, but instead is weighted towards background musical scores and how they set the mood for the accompanying visuals. I suspect those that don't care for it wanted something more like a Pixar version of the Frozen sing-along.
Yeah well, you couldn't DRAG me to a Frozen sing a long, so there ya go.

Well, what a bummer. We'll be there 3 - 10 Sept and I was reaaalllly hoping they'd extend the dates. I guess people don't appreciate the work and dedication orchestra musicians and directors put into their art. It's too bad.

Oh gosh I am so glad it is not being cancelled before we get there! This is one of the things we are looking forward to! Both of my kids are musicians and actually have played the scores for these movies in their orchestra's. My daughter and son both love Michael Giacchino (the composer of many of the Pixar scores) so we are excited!!

I hope we like Rivers of Light... we like light, we like music, we like water lol... will we like ROL?

Oh gosh I am so glad it is not being cancelled before we get there! This is one of the things we are looking forward to! Both of my kids are musicians and actually have played the scores for these movies in their orchestra's. My daughter and son both love Michael Giacchino (the composer of many of the Pixar scores) so we are excited!!

I hope we like Rivers of Light... we like light, we like music, we like water lol... will we like ROL?
I think so. I like those things and that's why I like it. It's the dancing water and light that appealed to me most.

Well, what a bummer. We'll be there 3 - 10 Sept and I was reaaalllly hoping they'd extend the dates. I guess people don't appreciate the work and dedication orchestra musicians and directors put into their art. It's too bad.

Could also play apart in the contracts they have set up with the orchestra. Idk any of their inner workings but I'm wondering if the orchestra is Disney CM's or an outside group that Disney is paying to perform for a certain amount of time.

Could also play apart in the contracts they have set up with the orchestra. Idk any of their inner workings but I'm wondering if the orchestra is Disney CM's or an outside group that Disney is paying to perform for a certain amount of time.

It would nearly have to be an orchestra made up of (outside) contract players.
There is no need, otherwise, for 50+ experienced symphonic musicians to be employed at WDW.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter