Music of Pixar show...

Discussion in 'Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies' started by disneydarling07, Jul 17, 2017 at 2:15 PM.

1. disneydarling07

disneydarling07 <font color=teal>Found out how to get one<br><font

Swoon to toe-tappin’ tunes from Finding Nemo, Cars, Toy Story and more while you still can—the final show takes place August 27, 2017!

WHY??!!!

This ends 5 days before we get there!! This sounds AMAZING!!!

2. AngiTN

AngiTN DIS Veteran

I did thoroughly enjoy it. Though most have not. It's been panned pretty badly by many online. Only thing disliked more than it is RoL (something else I disagree with the masses about). I guess I have bad taste in general. Or just disagree with the majority
    I would have like to see it stay myself. Strangely, they've taken the concept of the show and turned it in to a New Years Eve celebration at the Contemporary, minus the live orchestra part

Twilight Sparkle and Micca like this.
  3. Avatar

Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  4. MaC410

MaC410 Mouseketeer

Really RoL is that heavily disliked? It looks like such a beautiful show to watch. What do people dislike so much about it?

5. AngiTN

AngiTN DIS Veteran

Search on here and you'll see tons of complaints about it. Majority find it boring. Since I disagree I can't really answer. I personally like it a lot

6. AJT607

AJT607 Mouseketeer

My wife and I saw both RoL and Music of Pixar Live during our recent trip in June. I enjoyed both shows, although Music of Pixar Live felt long (especially during the breaks between musical sequences) and Rivers of Light felt like it lacked a true 'finale'. My wife loved both shows but also agreed with my criticism.

I love Fantasmic and while the technology used in Rivers of Light is impressive, the storyline felt almost nonexistent. The song was very catchy, though.

7. pat fan

pat fan Sad my tag won't fit :(

We stumbled onto Pixar Live and LOVED it! How can anyone pan it??? It was amazing!

8. WEDWDW

WEDWDW DIS Veteran

AGREE!!!!

I mean,a FULL orchestra-I thought it was one of the best things I have seen at WDW in a long time!:)

pat fan likes this.
  9. Geoff_M

Geoff_M DIS Veteran, DVC Member, "Cum Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc

We really enjoyed it. However, if I had to guess as to why some don't care for it I'd say it's a matter of preconceived expectations. It's not about theme songs, but instead is weighted towards background musical scores and how they set the mood for the accompanying visuals. I suspect those that don't care for it wanted something more like a Pixar version of the Frozen sing-along.

Ksims616 and AngiTN like this.
  10. TheBigErn

TheBigErn Mouseketeer

The Music of Pixar show isn't what many think it would be. It's not a soundtrack of all of the favorite "hits" from the movies. Rather it's more like a score to the movies. We liked it, but I can see why some don't due to expectations vs what it really is.

11. disneydarling07

disneydarling07 <font color=teal>Found out how to get one<br><font

See, I thought it was like a sing a long...a medley of our favorite Pixar songs from the movies...

pat fan likes this.
  12. CAS239

CAS239 Disney Vet Squad ∞

It has mixed reviews.

I'm in the camp that doesn't like it. Wife and I thought it sucked. I prefer every other night time show over RoL. It's not awful, but it didn't live up to what I was expecting.

Music of Pixar is good. However it's music scores, not popular song along songs like some think it is, that's why every show you see a good amount of people get up and walk out. The orchestra is great

13. CAS239

Nope. Likely the only song you'll recognize is "you got a friend in me". The rest are just music scores with no words. They play a scene from a movie behind the orchestra and the orchestra plays a music score. It's all about how music can convey sadness, happiness, fear, etc

14. yulilin3

yulilin3 Disney Freak Moderator

It was clearly stated that it was a 50 piece orchestra playing the score. Many people just don't bother to read descriptions and went to this show expecting a sing along.

AngiTN likes this.
  15. pat fan

pat fan Sad my tag won't fit :(

Yeah well, you couldn't DRAG me to a Frozen sing a long, so there ya go.

16. joyjoy

joyjoy DIS Veteran

Well, what a bummer. We'll be there 3 - 10 Sept and I was reaaalllly hoping they'd extend the dates. I guess people don't appreciate the work and dedication orchestra musicians and directors put into their art. It's too bad.

AngiTN likes this.
  17. tigerlilly

tigerlilly Mouseketeer

Oh gosh I am so glad it is not being cancelled before we get there! This is one of the things we are looking forward to! Both of my kids are musicians and actually have played the scores for these movies in their orchestra's. My daughter and son both love Michael Giacchino (the composer of many of the Pixar scores) so we are excited!!

I hope we like Rivers of Light... we like light, we like music, we like water lol... will we like ROL?

Ksims616 likes this.
  18. AngiTN

AngiTN DIS Veteran

I think so. I like those things and that's why I like it. It's the dancing water and light that appealed to me most.

tigerlilly likes this.
  19. CAS239

Could also play apart in the contracts they have set up with the orchestra. Idk any of their inner workings but I'm wondering if the orchestra is Disney CM's or an outside group that Disney is paying to perform for a certain amount of time.

20. Robo

Robo 1971 Castle in the Hub: Your lights are on!

It would nearly have to be an orchestra made up of (outside) contract players.
    There is no need, otherwise, for 50+ experienced symphonic musicians to be employed at WDW.

CAS239 likes this.
  21. tinkerhon

tinkerhon DIS Veteran

We saw it tonight w the F! Dinner package, and loved it !! My son (6) didn't want to leave !!

pat fan likes this.