Murphy’s are Live from WDW! July 15-22 - Port Orleans French Quarter

TigrLvsPooh

Travel Channel's Ultimate Disney Fan
Hello DISboards friends! :earsgirl:

I haven’t done a trip report in so long I don’t even remember how! :rotfl:

But we’ve just arrived at Magical Express and we are super excited to be heading to POFQ for a great week in Disney!! :goodvibes So I thought this would be a good time to do a live report again.

My name is Erika and my two boys are Nic (age 18) and Connor (age 17) Aka the three musketeers! :wave2:

The kids and I haven’t been down since Christmas break, since we decided to go to San Francisco for spring break this year, and we are long overdue for our WDW fix!

ED7FDFDF-2422-431C-A9D0-D0BEB8F0F661_zpsljvryaac.jpg

After we hit the POFQ food court quickly we will head to Epcot! We’ve got afternoon fast passes for Test Track, Nemo and Living with the Land. Then dinner tonight at Teppen Edo! :woohoo:

I’m always happy to answer questions and I’ll try to post as many pics as I can. Especially Toy Story Land since that’s what we are most excited to see. My kids were obsessed with Toy Story when they were little so this will be very special.

Well, we are on the bus now and on our way! Stay tuned for more! :tinker:

A9F86FD9-C5E6-4EA2-BD3A-678D6FD23870_zpsgxjk1gwq.jpg

Yay!!!!! :tigger:

So glad to see that you are doing a trip report Erika!! Looking forward to reading about all your adventures and seeing your great pictures.

Have fun!!!!

So excited to follow your trip, it has been a while since I did so. Hard to believe your boys are 17 & 18 now.

Also, when did they change to Mickey shapes? I swear when I stayed here last year they were just regular.

Excited to read another one of your live trip reports! POFQ is my favourite moderate resort, but rarely are there discounts there. We have started staying at Riverside to get free dining bouncebacks (so we can still walk over to FQ to get beignets) and still get the boat to Disney Springs. Looking forward to trying Mickey shaped beignets this August. I'm sure they taste better just because they're shaped like Mickey lol. Love your pictures!

Erika, so happy to see another fantastic live report! Wow, your boys have certain grown up! Can’t wait to read more.

Building 2 at POFQ is our favourite, so convenient to the boat to DS. The room looks great, we haven’t stayed since before the refurb, we’ve been checking off other resorts from our “must stay” list - but seeing your FQ pics has me thinking... lol.

Have a great trip! Joining in to follow along :)

Excited to read another one of your live trip reports! POFQ is my favourite moderate resort, but rarely are there discounts there. We have started staying at Riverside to get free dining bouncebacks (so we can still walk over to FQ to get beignets) and still get the boat to Disney Springs. Looking forward to trying Mickey shaped beignets this August. I'm sure they taste better just because they're shaped like Mickey lol. Love your pictures!

We are booked on the summer magic offer since I didn’t renew our APs in January. Thinking maybe we’d take a year off. Ha ha that didn’t happen. :D I just upgraded my 8 day park hopper today to an AP for an extra $350 so I thought that was a pretty good deal. I’ll be back in November, staying at AKL with my mom for a girls only trip. Then probably back for Christmas and spring break to get my money’s worth.

Yes they definitely tasted even better as Mickey! Of course :earboy2:

Building 2 at POFQ is our favourite, so convenient to the boat to DS. The room looks great, we haven’t stayed since before the refurb, we’ve been checking off other resorts from our “must stay” list - but seeing your FQ pics has me thinking... lol.

Have a great trip! Joining in to follow along :)

It definitely feels a bit less “whimsical” I’d say. But very clean and fresh. The floors seem high quality, better than the new flooring we just had at Pop last December. I don’t think I’ve been in building 2 before, I rarely ever request anything specific so I think it’s going to be my new favorite. :)

I
Erika, so happy to see another fantastic live report! Wow, your boys have certain grown up! Can’t wait to read more.

I’ll force them to pose for a picture at some point. But I won’t get many so I have to save my begging for the best photo spots. :rotfl:
Thanks for following along!

So happy you made it back to Disney. Looking forward to the rest of your reviews. Hard to believe how grown the kids are. They get older we don't.:rotfl2:

I'm looking forward to following your trip. You always make your reports very interesting.

Epcot looks dead today. I guess the crowds are at AK and DHS.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts