Mummy reopening

BlueSuitDonald

Mouseketeer
I’ve been reading that there is a lot of activity going on with construction walls down and the gift shop restocked as mummy themed. Any idea when the mummy might reopen?

They've been testing wait times in the app and they've moved stuff around in the exit/gift shop. It has to be reopening fairly soon but no one knows when that will be yet.

Any other info this week? We are there next Wednesday-Saturday and my hope it will be open is fading fast...
The only info I’ve seen is what @UOAP-Naples just stated. Other than that, Universal recently posted a Mummy-inspired magnet to be given out to AP holders sometime next month. AP appreciation days start August 15th I believe but I surely hope it’ll reopen before that date. Fingers crossed for you.

Here’s a pic from UO website. F35A9FCC-2A97-4365-85AA-6829BA8C6CE9.jpeg

Sigh… We had to cancel last minute due to my wife coming down with COVID the day before we were scheduled to fly to Orlando. We had to reschedule our trip until March 2023 during spring break.
Oh so sorry! Hope your wife is feeling better! At least Mardi Gras is an amazing, fun time to visit… and much cooler weather, lower crowds compared to July etc.

Reactions: AJA
Any updates -- rumor had it that it was going to open today ...

https://www.****************.com/news/20220728/32605/rumor-revenge-mummy-reopen-august-2

I think it was Alicia Stella on twitter who posted that the umbrellas AND the test seats are out....so soon!

The entry lines are all set up outside with new umbrellas for shade (the line doesn't usually go outside but they are expecting big crowds when it reopens). They have the exit all redone at the gift shop. They have been testing the ride with team members. They were testing wait times on the app several weeks ago.

It's going to open really soon. I would assume within a few days but it's already been a few days since they put out the umbrellas. They won't announce it until after it's open. It will just be a big surprise for anyone at the park that day.

We are there on August 12th -- so here's hoping it's launched by then.

Question - do we still expect it to part of the Express Pass service?

Thanks

Still not open. I hope I haven't misled anyone thinking it would be open this week. Everything seemed to indicate it would be open by now. It doesn't make sense that they put up all the queue and outdoor stuff a week ago if they weren't opening. I don't know if they hit a snag in testing or certification stuff.

I just hope Brendan Fraser is still there....feel bad for him and everyone over at Batgirl and WB/HBO/Discovery right now (those not in charge i should say)

I wonder how many people know what you are referencing ?
I figure it’s a good way to get publicity and curiosity about this going online and then surprise it gets some type of a release and everybody Wants to stream it ?
Hasn‘t something like this happened before and then becomes a cult favorite?

I wonder how many people know what you are referencing ?
I figure it’s a good way to get publicity and curiosity about this going online and then surprise it gets some type of a release and everybody Wants to stream it ?
Hasn‘t something like this happened before and then becomes a cult favorite?
So as someone who is in the entertainment industry-considering the rumor is they shelved it for a tax deduction means it will never get released. The way this has all happened-even though its been slowly building-is still enough that people are paying attention heavily.

EIT: Write off not deduction.

Last edited:
Still not open. I hope I haven't misled anyone thinking it would be open this week. Everything seemed to indicate it would be open by now. It doesn't make sense that they put up all the queue and outdoor stuff a week ago if they weren't opening. I don't know if they hit a snag in testing or certification stuff.
I’m totally with you. I really thought it would’ve been opened by now as well. A site posted pics of TMs testing it out several days ago but still nothing. Ugh. I’m wondering too if they’re still fine tuning it to be sure it’s completely safe.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!