Multiple UY contracts = more wait lists?

taaren

DIS Veteran
For the other DVC owners out there who own multiple contracts with different UY's and have multiple memberships, have you had more than 2 wait lists running at the same time?

I've used the multiple transfers per year feature of having two separate memberships, but never had the need to have more than one wait list before. Now I'm trying to plan a trip with multiple rooms for a weekend in December with friends so would like to have more than 2 wait lists, and it occurred to me that I can, if I'm wiling to use points from both memberships if they are fulfilled, right?

I have not done multiple waitlists even though I have two use years but you can have two waitlists per use year. If you have two use years you have two memberships with two member numbers and are treated as if you are two members. The actual rule on waitlists provides the following: "You can have up to two active wait list requests per Membership per Use Year." Likely important when you set up the two reservations with waitlists is make sure MS does not link them, even if they are for consecutive days in the same type of room and resort, until after the waitlists come through or run out.

Yes. I have 2 UY's and have had 2 waitlists running with both UY's at the same time for a total of 4 waitlists.

Yes. I have 2 UY's and have had 2 waitlists running with both UY's at the same time for a total of 4 waitlists.
Perfect. I may need to do this if I can't get what I want in Florida at 7 months on my main contract, plus I want to leave the waitlist for 2 rooms for a weekend at my home resort.
Thanks!

You'll need to have enough points in that contract to fulfil the waitlist if it comes through without transferring. Multiple rooms on a waitlist are tough to get. You might get one, but not the other. Would that be a problem?

You'll need to have enough points in that contract to fulfil the waitlist if it comes through without transferring. Multiple rooms on a waitlist are tough to get. You might get one, but not the other. Would that be a problem?
Not a problem. Mainly I want a studio for myself, and if it doesn't come through, I may not go (we're planning on driving if we do go, and I have the weekend off for my birthday either way so we can make the decision last minute). The other is for a girlfriend who is fine with staying offsite if the wait list doesn't come through, since at DLR, staying offsite is common and not much farther of a walk. We may break down and combine forces to get a 2 bedroom, which is still available, but she is going for Friday-Saturday and I'm planning on going Saturday-Sunday, and a 2 bedroom for 3 nights for 4 people who want 2 nights each just seems excessive, and we're better off using the points on a different trip. We're still about 11 weeks away from the 7 month mark when we have to have our minds made up because the 2 bedrooms will disappear from inventory at that point. Those two waitlists, if fulfilled, would together require about 80 points on a 75 point contract, and I have authorized borrowing for both wait lists.

I keep telling my friends I'm happy to have them use my timeshare but they need to let me know a year in advance to get what they want at the VGC ...

On my main contract I'll take whatever I can get at the 7 month mark for DisneyWorld in November, then try to switch into a 2 bedroom LV at BLT if I can't get it at the 7 month mark. I may not even need wait lists for that as its currently available (a friend who owns BLT has confirmed that my week is wide open in many categories).

I just like the fact that I can do multiple waitlists if I need to, and wanted to make sure it was possible. Thanks so much for the help, everybody!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter