Multiple home resort points usage

Bucketfoot

Mouseketeer
I think I know how this would work, but am looking to find out for sure...

We recently made our first purchase direct for VGF and have all but accepted the fact that we will purchase DLV when it becomes available. So if we do this and we were to for example book at DLV, would we be able to apply our combined available for use VGF & DLV points for the DLV stay?

Going a little deeper, can we use banked and/or borrowed points from our VGF contact to augment the DLV points?

I believe the answer to all of this is yes, but am looking for confirmation from the experts!

You can use any of your direct points at any resort, but you cannot use them to book more than 7 months in advance if it is not your home resort.

If you were to purchased DLT points when they come available, only those points could be used to book a room between 11-8 months out. You could combine your VGF points if you are booking inside the 7 month window, and vice versa.

Yes you can use banked/borrowed points from your VGF contract, but again it must be for trips within 7 months.

Assuming current rules, you could at 7 months.

But we don't know what future resorts will do. As RIV has shown, future resorts don't have to follow these rules. They could not join BV Trading at all and not take any outside points. They could charge more for any non-home points, any resort could under the current rules. I think DLT has already declared it is part of DVC, but future resorts don't have to be.

These boards make a lot of assumptions about what future resorts will do, and reality is there's a lot they could do that isn't the current rules.

All direct points will be good at VDH. You can’t use the VGF until 7 months out, but will be eligible for use at that resort.

So, you can book with VDH points to start and then supplement with the VDH when non Home resorts can be used.

All direct points will be good at VDH
This is probably right, but it doesn’t have to be. And it doesn’t have to follow the 7/11 month schedule either.

There’s a lot that could be different than the way things currently run, even within the existing system and rules.

This is probably right, but it doesn’t have to be. And it doesn’t have to follow the 7/11 month schedule either.

There’s a lot that could be different than the way things currently run, even within the existing system and rules.

I agree with this…but I just believe it is misleading to constantly suggest that DVD has changed the rules to limit the use of direct points.

They have and never will make any decisions that restrict what you buy from them. Only resale points have changed in terms of the product.

Of course, BVTC can change the 7 month window, but that is true for all DVC bought, even resale, and while we don’t know the future, sharing what currently in place is all we can do.

But VDH and Poly tower have already been advertised as being part of DVC so there are no assumptions being made with regards to those products based on what we know.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter